The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The redknapp glitch. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The redknapp glitch. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The redknapp glitch. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The redknapp glitch. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The redknapp glitch. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The redknapp glitch. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The redknapp glitch. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The redknapp glitch. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The redknapp glitch. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The redknapp glitch. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
ionman34
BazSpur
shearspur
7 posters

The redknapp glitch.

The redknapp glitch. Empty The redknapp glitch.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29 2010, 07:01

Told you lot before that harry always has glitches with his teams, not very many and the good outweighs the bad , he will get results when you least expect them, but then his teams will throw a bad one into the mix.

Hopefully thats one of his glitches out the way, he will have one or two more throughout the season when we least expect it.............he,s still the best thing to happen to the club since the prem began.

Keep the faith lads .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

The redknapp glitch. Empty Re: The redknapp glitch.

Post by shearspur Sun Aug 29 2010, 07:10

so frustrating though lew, i know you cant think that your just gonna roll these type of teams over, but they were there for the taking today they were awful. i cant remember any real threats on our goal to be honest from them and we have to just have to beat these teams if were ever gonna reach where we wanna be. you will alwaysget a day when their keeper plays a blinder or you hit the bar and post a number of times but this wasnt one of those days it was just a bloody poor performance. i can just about forgive em cause of weds night lol

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29 2010, 07:16

i cant belive keane didnt start up front. hes movement would of open them up. defoe is just to greedy. he had 1 chance late on an took it wide and a tame shot when he could of looked to find pav

3 games no goals for our strikers.
    drop wp we dont need him for home games

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29 2010, 07:22

I havent seen anything of the game lought, i cant really comment, i have lost sky sports news and listened to gabby whats her name on bbc interactive so i only have their opinion as a guideline but the reports said they were awful and just couldnt penetrate the 10 men defence, harry has to address this if thats correct, i remember the relegation threatened clubs doing the same to us last season.

One way is to go all out for an early goal, that way they have to come out and play.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29 2010, 07:26

Well the 1st 10 mins was all wigan and they hit the bar. then we got into the game but we didnt really create much.

last 20 mins we panic and all we did was high ball after high ball in the box over pav and defoes head. it was easy for them to defend

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29 2010, 07:30

In a game like that lought i would have liked to have seen harry galvanise the team for a blistering 25 minutes to get the early goal to make them open up and play.

Martinez must have gone home a happy man, his game plan worked and he still has a job, another 4-0 roasting and i reckon he would walk.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29 2010, 07:42

and now we have 2 week break. we always do this. lose then its england game. i see lumpard and terry are gettin a rest. lets hope the spurs boys get a rest apart from lennon who needs to learn to take players on again
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Aug 29 2010, 08:33

I am well disappointed. Wigan had no intention of attacking us, they
    just parked the bus IMO. I thought we did create chances by playing some
    lovely passing football at times but either the final ball was crap or
    the strikers just didn't get near. You could put it down to just one of
    those games but we always seem to have one of those games against
    opposition we really should see off quite easily.We can't keep chucking
    away points like this to these sort of teams.Well disappointed lads.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29 2010, 08:49

Been decorating all day guys and work this evening (finish about 1am deep joy) so been out of touch with the footie. Heard we where losing 0-1 but didn't catch result till about 7. Where we awful or unlucky ? Match report I read said that Wigwam where worth the win. One of those things I suppose and at least we can blame it on midweek game in the Chumps League syndrome eh . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Aug 29 2010, 23:42

Put it down to the players and nothing else chaps. It was the same team that hammered YB but they seemed to have this attitude that they only had to turn up to win.

By far the worst of it though was the waste. Countless corners and a number of beautifully positioned free kicks and we never really once made their keepre earn his money. The free kicks were what really pi**ed me off. Not only were they Godawful but also showed some real cockeyed thinking. We have a free kick 20 yards out on the right hand side of the area, perfect position for Bale ................... Who steps over the ball so The Hudd can try to bend it AROUND the wall.

I don't even think it managed to stay within the 6 yard area!!

All of them, midfielders and attackers, can be held accountable for this loss. Harry had every reason to place his faith in this team and they let him, and us, down badly.

Now all credit to Wigan, they grafted their asses off and got the lucky break they needed with the goal, but they should have been dead and buried, even with us playing below par.

Every single one of them should be read the riot act and instructed to bury the next opponent we have. The players are still learning but, in this game, you need to learn fast or you then become a liability.

You all know I like arrogance in a team, arrogance born of confidence in your own ability and achievement, but that arrogance has to go hand in hand with a top work ethic. We showed the arrogance but not the work.

They'd better learn quick that every game demands their utmost as a unit, the swagger can come into your play when you're sitting 3 goals ahead and have them chasing shadows.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Aug 30 2010, 00:01

Maybe thats Arry wants Ashley Young he is one of the better crosses of the ball in the premier league i know Bentley can cross but he has not got Youngs pace and Arry loves fast wingers plus as some people keep saying coughs (lought) lol! why do we need Young i think its because Lennon is not fully fit think he is carrying a injury and needs a operation how often last season when we needed a goal would he of took Lennon off ?. And the other rumour today Guesippe Rossi would love to see him at the lane is finishing against us in the friendly was sublime he has become better since leaving Utd so hope by Wednesday A Young and Rossi will be holding the Spurs Shirt rule

Post by Guest Mon Aug 30 2010, 11:24

i thought lennon had got over hes injury. if not then why didnt he have it before or after the world cup. we pay hes wages

as for wigan they could of been 2 0 up inside the 1st 2omins. i dont think they parked the bus. they tried to hit us on the break. if anyone watched the game they was all over us for 1st 10/15mins
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Aug 30 2010, 11:43

Loughtonlegend wrote:i cant belive keane didnt start up front. hes movement would of open them up. defoe is just to greedy. he had 1 chance late on an took it wide and a tame shot when he could of looked to find pav

You are right Lou I think Defoe is too one dimension, he is a good stricker but need to be replaced in some matches like against Wigan[/font]eed him for home games
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Aug 30 2010, 18:31

Loughtonlegend wrote:i thought lennon had got over hes injury. if not then why didnt he have it before or after the world cup. we pay hes wages

as for wigan they could of been 2 0 up inside the 1st 2omins. i dont think they parked the bus. they tried to hit us on the break. if anyone watched the game they was all over us for 1st 10/15mins

That they were Lought, and created just that one chance that hit the bar. Apart from that they didn't look like scoring until the end, and even then Cudders should have saved relatively easily. The rest of the match saw us pushing them back into their defensive third. You said it yourself, we had a huge amount of corners and forced a number of extremely dangerous free kicks.

Every single one of them was wasted. Had we converted just a quarter of them we'd have run out comfortable winners, had we converted one tenth of them we'd have edged it. We converted zero and that, for a team with title aspirations, is unforgivable, particularly when we've had the lesson a number of times previously.

I happen to agree that Keane should have been given a run, if not for the movement but for the enthusiasm he'd have brought. I think he's hungry to play, whether for staking a first team place or to put himself in the shop window, and may well have made a difference there.

However, Defoe had his chances, as did Crouch and Pav, as well as Bale, Hudd, Krancjar and a host of others. They're all at fault and all need to accept that and learn from it. I reckon Harry slaughtered them in the CR and look forward to seeing the next game. I reckon we'll see another performance like that against Citeh.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Aug 30 2010, 19:28

I admire your optimism Ion but we play to many games like the Wigan and Young Boys matches than the Citeh one and its that soft centre that makes me realise that we need reinforcements.If we don't get them and it seems at the moment that we wont' unless it's last minuit panic buys then I think we will struggle to do aswell as last season.

Mikey M
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Aug 30 2010, 21:08

[quote="totalytot"]

I admire your optimism Ion but we play to many games like the Wigan and Young Boys matches than the Citeh one and its that soft centre that makes me realise that we need reinforcements.If we don't get them and it seems at the moment that we wont' unless it's last minuit panic buys then I think we will struggle to do aswell as last season.

Well in that you're wrong Mikey. We didn't finish 4th by getting turned over more often than not. We put a number of teams to the sword last season, Home and Away and we did it playing some truly excellent Football. The Wigan and Wolves games stand out so glaringly because they are so rare and totally unexpected.
    We don't get compared to the likes of Villa, Bolton, Everton et all because we're not a team that grinds out results in general, we play expansive Football and did it quite often.

Now I'm not disagreeing with you on the reinforcements front mate. I said, a number of weeks back, that I felt we need that top drawer Striker but that, if one wasn't available who could improve the team, then Keane should stay. I'm also in agreement with you that Corluka is not good enough to take us the next step forward. Apart from that, all I see is quality. Young quality that is learning but, perhaps, needs to learn faster. Maybe the advent of Gallas will help the defence in that respect.

I'd stack our midfield against any other in the Prem and think we'd have the edge on anyone.

It's up front where I think we're weakest and is the area I feel we need the most immediate attention. I haven't really focussed on it here but Lought, in his Defoe/Crouch/Pav/Bent comparisons has really shown us that there is a deficiency there. I don't think it's a huge one but it is certainly there.

Most of all though, we have to cut out the waste. We had more than enough opportunities to bury Wigan and we wasted them all. Cut out the waste and we win more games, we don't get these shock turn overs.

This is where my optimism comes from Mikey. We're not being beaten by these teams, we're losing to them and there's a World of difference there.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 30 2010, 21:27

Repped Ion. Well thought out post.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Aug 30 2010, 21:37

Thank you Baz.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Aug 31 2010, 00:00

Sorry ion but i disagree i think our midfield is a bit poor compared to the top teams. Good how Modric and Huddlestone r they dont take the game from the scruff of the neck. Yes we missed Modric against Wigan but he missed a lot last season to games against Stoke and Wolves and Hull at home. We seemed to panic against Wigan at the weekend we need a Scholes Gerrard Lampard or even Frabregas type player who when the chips r down drives the team. Just a shame we couldnt get Bellamy hes the type we need too
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 31 2010, 00:26

MarkA249 wrote:Sorry ion but i disagree i think our midfield is a bit poor compared to the top teams. Good how Modric and Huddlestone r they dont take the game from the scruff of the neck. Yes we missed Modric against Wigan but he missed a lot last season to games against Stoke and Wolves and Hull at home. We seemed to panic against Wigan at the weekend we need a Scholes Gerrard Lampard or even Frabregas type player who when the chips r down drives the team. Just a shame we couldnt get Bellamy hes the type we need too

You raise a good point about the player to 'drive' the team Mark, but I think you do our midfield a disservice. Lennon, Bale, Modric, Huddlestone, Palacios, Jenas, Krancjar, Sandro (if he ever turns up) along with Bentley and O'Hara is a midfield that, I think, is as strong as they come. But I agree that it needs that driving personality.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 31 2010, 00:42

Talking of the driving personallity could it be that Gallas will offer the metaphoric kick up the backside from defence ? Urging the midfield forward and marshalling them just in front of the defence ? We do seem to lack at times a vocal leader on the pitch . . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Aug 31 2010, 00:54

I didnt mean it to be a disservice they r good but they do tend to go missing certain games it may be they think the game is a walk in the park. When O Hara gets back he could be the driving force he did for Pompey .

Post by Guest Tue Aug 31 2010, 03:25

MarkA249 wrote:I didnt mean it to be a disservice they r good but they do tend to go missing certain games it may be they think the game is a walk in the park. When O Hara gets back he could be the driving force he did for Pompey .
    a tarrabt character maybe mark lol.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Aug 31 2010, 04:02

lol Burger boy

Post by Guest Tue Aug 31 2010, 04:08

lol couldn resist that 1, i do hear u tho about a driving force, im over the moon bellamy didn come your way, he would of gave u something extra and he loves sticking it up us, thudd needs to carry on his improvement and maybe he could be this driving force u r looking for, a big season for tom this, england have ageing been there and failed centre mids, tom has had his schooling, its now time for him to step up,the guy can pick a pass and has a thunderous shot, these are the things that break down defences.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 23:19