The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
LOBO
BazSpur
spurslegend
7 posters

Skulking off and licking wounds.

Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Skulking off and licking wounds.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 09:49

"Yes it was never about football and therefore has been moved to a non football section . . . . ."

But the point was that me and burg are being accused of almost crossing the line.
    I'm not speaking for burg but i'm only responding to taunts of a banter nature.
    The sectional placing of the post is of no concern to me, neither is moving it.
    So I pointed out by quoting the opener of this thread, by a yid, not me or burg.

Skulking off and licking wounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Skulking off and licking wounds.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 09:51

BazSpur wrote:Its fairly obvious it wasn't a deliberate spelling mistake (Not that it matters anyway) Its obvious to anyone it was a typo seeing as the n and the m are next to each other. Its not rocket science is it, he obviously hit both keys at the same time. I've done the same myself. look nmnmnmnmnmnmnmnmnm that's pressing them both together.

Yes that's right Baz, and in post no: 64 I acknowledge that. I wasn't making an issue out of it at the time. Shocked
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 09 2010, 09:55

Then why post it? It's a spelling mistake, simple as that. You're only human, it's no biggie?

Yes you were.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 09:56

Mark2spark wrote:Lolololol VIs, you still don't get it.

In post number 61 YOU made the spelling mistake.

Hence my quote marks around the word (which included the extra 'n' that you wrote)

So this last dozen or so posts have been because you didn't spot your mistake?

Ah you should have quoted me then Aunt Sally. LOL my bad have a rep for that as someone has ripped them all away from you. I must admit I find it starnge that grammer & spelling have suddenley become an issue. But I suppose any dig will do eh . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 09:57

I will say Aunt Sally you have tightened up on your research and cross-referencing. I'm glad to have assisted you with that . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 09 2010, 09:59

I'm off to bed. Had enough bull for one night. See ya later Vis.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 10:01

Me too Baz. Take care . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 10:05

Good night gents.
    I did not come on here tonight to seek an argument over grammar or spelling, I however continued to post as I could see that I wasn't getting the point across.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 10:08

BazSpur wrote:Then why post it? It's a spelling mistake, simple as that. You're only human, it's no biggie?

Yes you were.

You are now referring to post number 72, by which time the jist had moved on, and the above retort was in response to the again repeated spelling mistake... at that point still not spotted by Vis.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 18:34

Mark2spark wrote:"Yes it was never about football and therefore has been moved to a non football section . . . . ."

But the point was that me and burg are being accused of almost crossing the line.
    I'm not speaking for burg but i'm only responding to taunts of a banter nature.
    The sectional placing of the post is of no concern to me, neither is moving it.
    So I pointed out by quoting the opener of this thread, by a yid, not me or burg.
    mark they are getting caned on every subject, the mods are deleting,locking and moving posts to try and save further embarrassment, me personally i think its a classic example of people that can dish the dirt but cry like babies when given some back. tut tut at that. no wedges baz, no devide as u put it, just giving some back and alot of people (the ones that give it btw)are strugglin in dealing with it, the posts have turned a corner since numb heads made there attacks personal, i will let u decide when that started, actually no i will help you, its started when i backed lought up in the tarrabt debate, i know, pathetic, but thats when your mods head should of came on, not now when you are being caned on every subject, rep points,worzel,fish,auntsally,liltheo,paedophiles, keep them coming i think its funny, its a shame some of yous dont. lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 09 2010, 22:52

Right, to be honest I don't give two fcuks what you say you were or were not doing. Point is I am not the only one who thinks you were driving wedges on here. I will recite you a little story that might explain my position better. Mandy Rice davies was in Court in the 60s over the Cristine Keeler affar with John Profumo. . When the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her, she replied, "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" (often misquoted as "Well he would say that, wouldn't he?"). The same with you. You would say you weren't trying to drive wedges. We all saw what was going on, that's the thing about forums they leave clues as to what is really going on. You had no business interfering in what was effectively a discussion between Lought and Lew. You added nothing to the debate you just took sides and it seems all your time was taken up trying to drive a wedge between Lought and Lew and may I add Lought and ion. As I said before you would not have been able to act as you and Mark have done on any other Spurs forum. You would have been fcuked off very quickly. Do you think Lizzy would allow that sort of behaviour on her forum? I don't think so. You must be deluded if you think we didn't see what was going on. ion pointed it out several times as did Vis and myself but instead of toning it down you and Mark decided to increase the pressure on the board. Be careful, you are guests here as I have said before. Voices are starting to be raised as to whether you have outstayed your welcome. Many are saying the only reason you and Mark come on here is to cause trouble and to be honest I can't remember the last time either of you started a decent thread. As for getting caned on every thread that's laughable you two were more than put in your place. Maybe that was the problem eh, maybe that's why you and Mark decided to rack it up a bit more. There was no real debate it was just you and mark making snide comments. Everytime you were caught out you either avoided the question or changed to a different tack.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Sep 09 2010, 23:31

its started when i backed lought up in the tarrabt debate

Thats all very well, if it was left there.

What made it crystal clear was after the Wigan game, you blindly posted that you heard that Taraabt changed the Qpr game that weekend, when infact he was substituted with his team 2-0 down.

Instead of owning up to being caught out, its escalated into this, talk about owning up, found any real evidence of your poker exploits?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 23:44

I sort of see your point Baz, but not answering the question and changing tack is a bit of a joke to accuse us of.
    How many times does a yid swing it back to the 5 - 1?

Surely that's the banter? and, well in my case anyway, the claim of 'victory' as the question has been avoided.

Let's see. If the sections are now stuck to then going off track in 'spurs chat' can easily be sorted.
    I'm not sure how a thread, lil theo is sh*t (when he plays for England) is condusive to banter when posted in the 'post about your team' section... International, surely?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Sep 09 2010, 23:58

Mark2spark wrote:I sort of see your point Baz, but not answering the question and changing tack is a bit of a joke to accuse us of.
    How many times does a yid swing it back to the 5 - 1?

Surely that's the banter? and, well in my case anyway, the claim of 'victory' as the question has been avoided.

Let's see. If the sections are now stuck to then going off track in 'spurs chat' can easily be sorted.
    I'm not sure how a thread, lil theo is sh*t (when he plays for England) is condusive to banter when posted in the 'post about your team' section... International, surely?

Have to say Mark, dont remember that thread, remember Burger posting about how good Theo was and I disagreed because you cant use Blackpool and Blackburn as a yardstick, i also pointed out that he didnt do much when he came on against the Pool and that he often goes missing when faced with good defenders, dont recall me calling him sh*t

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 00:06

(i) It wasn't you Dave, Vis was the threadstarter, it's still there now in the 'your team' section. There are several threads that have been started, by yids, which have nothing to do with football, and everything to do with starting things off, yet me and burgs get all of the blame. There's also one with 'geographical' in the title which is a similar vein. Banter I love, throwing toys out of the pram when cornered is daft. It's meant to be a laugh? Very Happy

(ii) Theo blows hot and cold, everyone knows that.
    There. The banter involves giving a little, taking a little. Many on here just switch back to 'remember the 5 - 1' line and swear black is white, and then get hot under the collar when pressed on it.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Sep 10 2010, 00:28

Mark2spark wrote:(i) It wasn't you Dave, Vis was the threadstarter, it's still there now in the 'your team' section. There are several threads that have been started, by yids, which have nothing to do with football, and everything to do with starting things off, yet me and burgs get all of the blame. There's also one with 'geographical' in the title which is a similar vein. Banter I love, throwing toys out of the pram when cornered is daft. It's meant to be a laugh? Very Happy

(ii) Theo blows hot and cold, everyone knows that.
    There. The banter involves giving a little, taking a little. Many on here just switch back to 'remember the 5 - 1' line and swear black is white, and then get hot under the collar when pressed on it.

Its a shame Burger is not as magnanimous as you, i'd like to think that the majority on here would hold their hands up if they were wrong, something Burger finds it very hard to do, some on here are not the only ones that sidetrack Mark.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 01:08

Tis true I did start the lil theo thread in your team section. In reply to your comrade stating how wonderfull he had started the season. As I said house cleaning takes time but it will moved to the relevent section if deemed nescessary. As for the geographical title thats another cheap shot. It was about arsenil, & indeed other teams such as Port Vale, as you your-self pointed out; and belonged in the 'your team' section. Does this mean that the Arjen Robben prediction page does not belong in the 'Spurs' section ? Of course it does as it is about a Spurs player. Thing is the admin & mods make the final decisions on this sort of thing. If posters are unhappy they will make a complaint then have the option not to use the forum anymore if they do not agree with a decision.. . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Sep 10 2010, 04:13

Couldn't have put it better myself Vis. From now on threads in sections they shouldn't be will be moved whoever posts them Threads going off topic will be asked politely to get back on track, failure to do so will result in said thread being locked. No one wants to see a thread going off topic to the extent thay have been I was doing it too so I'm not blaming anyone in particular but us Mods have to be vigilante from now on. If anyone wants to ruck there is a forum for it and in future any thread that looks as if it going that way might as well be moved to the ruck forum. Threads for Birthdays and deeply emotional threads and happy occasion threads can stay on the Spurs chat as they will be seen more readily by everyone.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 05:48

I have absolutely no idea why you guys keep harking on about leaving the forum if you don't like threads being moved.
    A single word of dissent about it has not yet been heard.
    No one appears to have a problem with it, the moving, or correct placement, of a thread.

So, when a query is raised, it is about the content of the particular thread, not the moving of it.
    Now, Burg and me have been accused of almost crossing the line. I suggest that the starting of a thread that claims Arsenal are a stain on the underpants has no other purpose than to antagonise. Yet our responses to it is the crossing the line part, not the starting of it.
    Perhaps you can explain it better?
    Stating that Tottenham beat Arsenal 5 - 1 does not explain it.
    Anyone repeating that particular line in the face of an honest reasonable, and yes, banter style question, is deemed to have lost the point in banter.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 06:05

VisionarySound:

"Does this mean that the Arjen Robben prediction page does not belong in the 'Spurs' section ? Of course it does as it is about a Spurs player."

Well, last time I looked, he was a Bayern Munich player. The Tarbuck thread started today by your own Mark was moved pretty sharpish, as he isn't a spurs player. Which of course appears inconsistent.

"As for the geographical title thats another cheap shot. It was about arsenil, & indeed other teams such as Port Vale, as you your-self pointed out; and belonged in the 'your team' section."

Once again, the point is missed. Their is no problem with the section it is in. The point is that it is not about football, it is about a football club. And we are being accused of not starting anything worthwhile of a football nature, yet here is a thread that has been started that has no other purpose than to antagonise.
    I don't have a problem with it, it's banter, I have a problem with the accusation that burgs and me are the only ones stirring things up. A closer look in your own house for a mod that is supposed to be neutral might be worth considering, is all that i'm saying, in the best non antagonistic way that I can. I can't remember burg or me calling any yid on here a pikey or sc*m.

Thing is the admin & mods make the final decisions on this sort of thing. If posters are unhappy they will make a complaint then have the option not to use the forum anymore if they do not agree with a decision.. . . . .

This again refers to moving or placing a thread in a certain section, which no-one has a problem with.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Sep 10 2010, 06:40

The Ar5ena1 is a stain post was banter as far as I was concerned. That was why it was allowed to stay.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 08:14

BazSpur wrote:The Ar5ena1 is a stain post was banter as far as I was concerned. That was why it was allowed to stay.

Errr... that's what I said?
    As in, " I suggest that the starting of a thread that claims Arsenal are a stain on the underpants has no other purpose than to antagonise"

Antagonising being the opening gambit of banter?

"Many are saying the only reason you and Mark come on here is to cause trouble and to be honest I can't remember the last time either of you started a decent thread."

Do I really have to go on to explain the irony here?
    I'm just saying that burgs and I are not the only ones, and that there's evidence all around to back up my claim.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Sep 10 2010, 08:43

Well, we can chunter on about this forever and no progress made. We know you and burger were on one big wind up. In fact you were probably PMing each other on how best to go about it. I wasn't the only one who was saying it at the time. There were others. We can't all be wrong can we? It had all the hall marks of a classic lets go on the yid forum and wind them up. Ok that's fair enough but it came to a point where I felt threads were being hijacked by the very fact you two were intent on winding the forum up. you both said it yourselves "We have the yids running all over the place" or words to that effect. Why would you say that if it wasn't a wind up. The fact is you weren't particularly clever at it either. It stood out a mile. Now, you can say you weren't and we will say you were but lets all just move on eh? Changes have been implemented that will ensure it doesn't happen again. So you can either get on with it or leave. That's about it really.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 08:50

"...it came to a point where I felt threads were being hijacked by the very fact you two were intent on winding the forum up."

Quite how we could hijack threads we didn't start is perhaps the rub. It seems to be one way traffic, only me and burgs are at fault.
    I was just looking for some acknowledgment that that wasn't the case.

Leave it at that then.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Sep 10 2010, 09:39

Mark, please don't take me for a fool. You know as well as I you don't need to start a thread to hijack it. I mean when a terrorist hijacks a plane he doesn't hijack it at the start that would be pointless. No,no.no. He hijacks it in mid flight when no one suspects he is a terrorist. come on mate. You aren't that stupid are you?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 02:34