The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
diving EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
diving EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
diving EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
diving EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
diving EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
diving EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
diving EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
diving EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
diving EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

diving Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

diving

diving Empty diving

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05 2010, 02:06

Having read Sky Sports this morning, the best news I have seen in a while is that FIFA have given individual associations the power to review diving post match and sanction suspensions to the guilty player(s) should the dive result in a disadvantage to the other team.

I for one am totally for this as I hate divers and the way the modern game has seen diving become more and more frequent. Though the down side at the beginning will solve nothing to the other team should someone dive in the box and a goal is scored, I am sure that should the Premier league bring this new rule into force I believe that in the long run it will be stamped out once players start clocking up 2 or 3 match suspensions and subsequently fined (hopefully) by their team.

This has already been implemented in Australia and recently two players have been given 2 week bans for diving. FFA spokesman Rod Allen said: 'We deem diving as a serious issue in the game and something we feel strongly about.

"We hope that with serious sanction it will be a deterrent. We want to stamp it out. It is a misconduct charge for the players - our regulations allow our match review panel to right wrongs they see that happened on the pitch.'

I know our beloved Spurs do not have any so called divers in the team, though I know Bale never seems to get any penalties when he is taken down in the box except against YB in the CL, we had the Zokora incident a few seasons ago but other than that we are pretty sensible.

Let`s hope that the PL bring this in ASAP. Hopefully the CL and Europa league will become better competitions as watching games in these competitions you see no end of diving.

diving Empty Re: diving

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05 2010, 02:06

i think its great news
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Sun Sep 05 2010, 03:14

good news, it's a bit late for Bobby pires and those other cheating gooners though. They got away with it for years. if only they back dated the suspensions for diving...

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05 2010, 06:03

Spot on. If this had of been in place at the start of the season Defoe would have been censured for his 'hand-ball' goal against Young Boys. And so he should ! Time to rein in unsportsmanlike play & cheating . . . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 05 2010, 12:56

Like him or loathe him, it seems that Platini is actually bringing some good to the game during his tenure. First the finance sanctions and now this.

I've never been fond of Cheese eating surrender Monkey's but in this I feel he deserves a heap of praise.

How do I give Platini a rep Baz?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:11

Lol ion.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06 2010, 09:50

was it not platini who bottled it last time. after the edurado dive there was a big outcry to stamp on it then he comes out and says its not divin its bein clever. and its part and parcel of the game in other countrys

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06 2010, 18:04

How to dive and cheat

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06 2010, 18:07

And here's how the professionals do it!

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Sep 06 2010, 21:52

That's Gold Max.

It warms the Heart to know that one of the most talented Footballers in the Prem. can make himself look more stupid than an 8 year old playing his first season of Football.

David Dunne must have had his first decent nights sleep in ages after watching that, at least he was trying to showboat, Flabbyass was just trying to kick the ball!

Have a rep mate. I was laughing my tits off when I watched that, again and again and again .......................................
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Sep 07 2010, 00:06

Best dive ever

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07 2010, 11:21

ionman34 wrote:

How do I give Platini a rep Baz?

Ooo-eeerrr I think you've gone a bit eee haww on us ion lol

I'd agree that 'something' has to be done, but dishing out 2 match suspensions doesn't help the 'wronged' team post match does it?
    Say a player dives v chelsea, gets a 2 match ban, so he can't play at perhaps Man U or Citeh or something... ie potential rivals that could also fall foul of a suss dive.

Neither should it be one way traffic either.... balls that are proven to have crossed the line post match (let's bring up Caroll again shall we?) need to have 'something' done about them as well.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 08 2010, 00:18

Do you remember when the ball crossed the line at OT and Carroll scooped it out? That was a Goooooooooaaaaaalllll diving Icon_wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content