The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The question ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The question ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The question ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The question ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The question ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The question ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The question ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The question ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The question ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The question ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

The question !

The question ! Empty The question !

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 07:24

No one could forsee that we would lose three major players of the spurs team after four matches, its just fcking bad luck, especially when we are starting on the new unknown venture called the champions league.

I personally praised levy for not being drawn into signing big name , big money recruitments but i just have to question that perhaps we should have done a little more to cover certain positions.

I like gallas and vaart ! top signings with their cl experience, they were what we needed at this stage of progress made over the last couple of years, but we seemed to have ignored the injury factor.........our first teamers needed adequate back- up, i mean who can replace a crocked modric ? or defoe ?

Unfortunately to maintain progress we did need to get involved in the summer transfer merry go round, we needed to get in cover for certain positions............i just hope we arent going to regret it.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

The question ! Empty Re: The question !

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 12 2010, 07:33

think we already are lew

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 07:44

shearspur wrote:think we already are lew

Agree shear ! then we have to put up with rubbish chants like " champions league ? youre having a laugh "

Defoe and modric are the heart of the team along with bale and others, take them away and we will struggle.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 12 2010, 08:11

when you see spams have been done 4 times already this season with 0 pts from 4 and then we are only 5 points ahead it makes pretty bad reading considering they have had some tough games. we should be out of sight of them now. i know its early days but i been to 2 home games and aint seen us score yet, depressing.lol
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Sep 12 2010, 19:27

lewspurs wrote:

Agree shear ! then we have to put up with rubbish chants like " champions league ? youre having a laugh "

Defoe and modric are the heart of the team along with bale and others, take them away and we will struggle.

But we have 4 international strikers Lew that Harry says are the envy of the Prem so Defoe being out shouldn't make to much difference, should it. Providing the manager picks the right combination of course.

And we have such a great number of midfielders that Modric being injured shouldn't be to much trouble, should it....especially as we have been without him for long periods before. Providing the manager picks the right combination of course.

You see what I am getting at Lew.The players have to take a lot of the responsibility, but the manager picks the team and if he isn't picking the right players then a lot of the blame has to be his.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 20:10

totalytot wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

But we have 4 international strikers Lew that Harry says are the envy of the Prem so Defoe being out shouldn't make to much difference, should it. Providing the manager picks the right combination of course.

And we have such a great number of midfielders that Modric being injured shouldn't be to much trouble, should it....especially as we have been without him for long periods before. Providing the manager picks the right combination of course.

You see what I am getting at Lew.The players have to take a lot of the responsibility, but the manager picks the team and if he isn't picking the right players then a lot of the blame has to be his.

Mikey M

I have to admit we did ok without modric last term mikey, cant deny that because i have made the same point many times myself..........i think i am just disappointed that we have lost three important players in one week, and we start the cl for real next week, we needed to be at our strongest.

I dont know if we have an enviable strike force, certainly harry thinks so ! its questionable i suppose ? i definately think obika should be given a go.....or is he out on loan?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 20:32

Jonathan Obika

Currently on loan at Crystal Palace having agreed to join the Championship club for the 2010-11 season.

This followed involvement with the Spurs First Team during pre-season, for whom he featured three times and scored twice.

The powerful young striker ended the previous season of loan action at Wembley.

Jon joined Millwall in February and was on the bench as the Lions gained promotion to the Championship against Swindon in May, 2010.

He made 12 substitute appearances as Millwall pushed for promotion and scored a key equalising goal in injury time at his former loan club Yeovil in April, 2010.

Jon earlier returned to Yeovil on loan at the start of the 2009-10 camapign having enjoyed a fruitful loan spell at Huish Park at the end of the 2008-09 season.

This time he scored seven goals in 25 appearances in all competitions.

Jon was awarded the Breakthrough Award by Spurs supporters at the end of the 2008-09 season.

This came after Jon not only spearheaded the Under-18s in an impressive season and caught the eye in his first loan spell at Yeovil, but also made his full Spurs debut at White Hart Lane.

He played the full 90 minutes of our UEFA Cup Round of 32 second leg draw with Shakhtar Donetsk and more than held his own having made his senior debut as a late substitute during the win over NEC Nijmegen earlier in the competition.

It was enough to encourage Yeovil boss Terry Skiverton to take him, as well as Spurs team-mate Andros Townsend, on loan to the League One club for the latter part of the 2008-09 season.

What a decision that proved to be, as Jon scored four crucial goals in his 10 league games, ultimately keeping Yeovil in the division.

That tally added to the 16 goals he scored at Under-18 level for Spurs during 2008-09 season, as well as one at Reserve level.

In March 2009, Jon earned his first international call-up for the England Under-19s in their friendly draw with the Czech Republic at Walsall FC.

In the Autumn of that year, Jon represented England at the Under-20 World Cup in Egypt.

The Enfield-born striker was brought up in Edmonton and attended Bishops Stortford School before joining our Academy full-time in July 2007.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 12 2010, 21:01

totalytot wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Mikey M

That's the point I was making in another post. We are supposed to be vastly superior to WBA who have just come up from the Fizzy pop league. Yet we get a draw. if we want to be a continual top 4 team then we have to play like one every game. We should have had someone to come on and do the business when Modric went off but we didn't. Playing Pav up front on his own was not the way to go, he is not that type of player.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 22:14

MAXIMUS wrote:
    Jonathan Obika

Currently on loan at Crystal Palace having agreed to join the Championship club for the 2010-11 season.

This followed involvement with the Spurs First Team during pre-season, for whom he featured three times and scored twice.

The powerful young striker ended the previous season of loan action at Wembley.

Jon joined Millwall in February and was on the bench as the Lions gained promotion to the Championship against Swindon in May, 2010.

He made 12 substitute appearances as Millwall pushed for promotion and scored a key equalising goal in injury time at his former loan club Yeovil in April, 2010.

Jon earlier returned to Yeovil on loan at the start of the 2009-10 camapign having enjoyed a fruitful loan spell at Huish Park at the end of the 2008-09 season.

This time he scored seven goals in 25 appearances in all competitions.

Jon was awarded the Breakthrough Award by Spurs supporters at the end of the 2008-09 season.

This came after Jon not only spearheaded the Under-18s in an impressive season and caught the eye in his first loan spell at Yeovil, but also made his full Spurs debut at White Hart Lane.

He played the full 90 minutes of our UEFA Cup Round of 32 second leg draw with Shakhtar Donetsk and more than held his own having made his senior debut as a late substitute during the win over NEC Nijmegen earlier in the competition.

It was enough to encourage Yeovil boss Terry Skiverton to take him, as well as Spurs team-mate Andros Townsend, on loan to the League One club for the latter part of the 2008-09 season.

What a decision that proved to be, as Jon scored four crucial goals in his 10 league games, ultimately keeping Yeovil in the division.

That tally added to the 16 goals he scored at Under-18 level for Spurs during 2008-09 season, as well as one at Reserve level.

In March 2009, Jon earned his first international call-up for the England Under-19s in their friendly draw with the Czech Republic at Walsall FC.

In the Autumn of that year, Jon represented England at the Under-20 World Cup in Egypt.

The Enfield-born striker was brought up in Edmonton and attended Bishops Stortford School before joining our Academy full-time in July 2007.

Thanks max, but realised after i had posted that he had gone to palace on loan, he looked good in the pre season run up games.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 02:07

playin 1 striker aganst a team like west brom.

harry not usen the sqaud. we had our best run when wp was not playing. now hes playin we have been poor

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02 2024, 13:32