The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Who plans the schedule. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Who plans the schedule. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Who plans the schedule. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Who plans the schedule. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Who plans the schedule. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Who plans the schedule. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Who plans the schedule. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Who plans the schedule. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Who plans the schedule. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Who plans the schedule. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Who plans the schedule.

Who plans the schedule. Empty Who plans the schedule.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 07:39

We needed three points from a game like that but the fcking season is stop start.stop start, it fcking well pees me off these international friendlies, and euro 2012 games.

Why cant they play the internationals at the end of the season ? that way the players can have several weeks together, play the tournaments, get back to their respective clubs for pre prem training having had a break in between, and any injuries could have cleared up by the time the season kicks off.

Prem clubs pay the players big money, the players have the choice to say yes or no to playing for their respective countries, if they want to play then its down to them if tiredness and fatique takes its toll.

As it stands we at spurs have lost 2 important players for a large part of the seasons campaign, this could mean the difference between failure or success..........

Who plans the schedule. Empty Re: Who plans the schedule.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 08:04

well i think harry needs to rest players more. he has this thing about rushing players back. im sure he was going to start modric on tuesday so why start him today..

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 12 2010, 20:40

The FA arrange the internationls via fifa
    The Premierleague arrange the prem games around the international fixtures.

but the 2 are seperate entities

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 22:21

Thanks lobo ! its just a stop start, go stop fcking season year in year out, theres no continuity for the players because one week they are training with their clubs the next minute with their countries, likewise on the actual playing field.

I cant see why these internationals arent played after the prem ends, for example the season could end in april without the breaks for world cup and euro qualifiers, then the internationals could be played from may through to june with the players holidaying in july.

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Sep 13 2010, 02:08

I see that Karl-Heinz Rummenigge president of the European Clubs Association (the old G14) of which we are now a member, has also expressed major concerns and hopes that he can pressure Fifa into rethinking schedules for internationals. Also demanding greater compensation for clubs whose players are injured playing for their country. Hope he gets somewhere.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 04:45

It's the old club V country debate. I understand that clubs pay the wages but players should want to represent their countries & be allowed to. I think Lew is correct with having set-times and I would go as far as either mid or end of season, or both. The games scheduled early season don't make sense but some of the Nordic &, I think, Russian leagues are already half way thro'. Possibly the months of November & May/June should be set-aside for qualifiers, freindlies and tournaments. A minimum of 4 games could be played in the month, and also bring the transfer window forward to December to allow clubs to find replacements for long-term injuries sustained on international duty . . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:42