The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Who would you want. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Who would you want. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Who would you want. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Who would you want. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Who would you want. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Who would you want. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Who would you want. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Who would you want. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Who would you want. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Who would you want. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ionman34
BazSpur
6 posters

Who would you want.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Who would you want. Empty Who would you want.

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 12 2010, 21:11

As new manager should Arry take the England job in the not so distant future. Not talking silly names like Mourinho but rather someone we could realistically get.

Who would you want. Empty Re: Who would you want.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 21:29

Martin o'neil, the only realistic candidate.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 12 2010, 21:49

Sorry Max but if we want to go backwards and play dour, drab Football then MON is the right candidate.
    Not having a dig here mate but I really do not rate that guy at all. With a team full of journeymen he's in his element for achieving mid table.

I'd wear black for a Year if he came on board. It'd be the death of the Tottenham I know and Love.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 12 2010, 21:53

Sorry mate, meant to offer an alternative and I don't believe the likes of Mourinho would be beyond us either.

Personally, I'd go for Hiddink or the Special One's old Gaffer (I got pulled on him before 'cos I got him mixed up and can never remember his name).

I'd even think seriously about Venables again.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 12 2010, 22:01

Venables? That surprises me ion. Not that I think it would be a wrong choice but do you think his Spiv accusations would go well with Levy and do you think football has moved on a lot snce El Tel was last at Spurs. How about BMJ back here? I think that would be a popular choice but would it be the right choice? Hiddink would be great. Mourinho would be even better.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 12 2010, 22:07

when Jol was incharge i remember we had this debate about new manager if it came to it, i was all for Redknapp but as we know the job went to Ramos.

If Redknapp were to leave for the England job i would want to see another good British Manager or someone who's had experience & sucess in the prem before .

Naming realistic hopefuls : Roy Hodgeson , Alex McCleish

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 22:29

Baz ! this might shock people and deduct rep points if anyone feels the need, but i actually rate old neil warnock.

Ok ! he hasnt much prem experience , only that season with sheff utd when west ham cheated them out of survival but i reckon the bloke could do well at spurs.

He,s nobodies fool, doesnt get mugged off by his players and motivates them from the touchline.

Give him better players and i reckon he would more than hold his own in the prem...........but dont worry those that dont agree with me...he has no chance of getting the job, levy would more than likely appoint jordan ! ? and he may be a good trainer but it doesnt necessarily follow that he would make a good manager...we have seen it all before with the likes of brian kidd etc etc.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 12 2010, 22:49

I think David Moyes is a better manager than people give credit for. He would be a good choice or what about Sparky Hughes.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Sep 13 2010, 00:02

A few years ago Venables could do no wrong in my eyes but I think his days are over. by the way has anybody seen him lately, he never used to be off the telly, now nobody uses him.

Mourinio would never come in a million years, we couldn't offer him a larger enough transfer chest.

I said before that as nice as big Mart was he had taken us as far as his ability could and it would be a backward step in my opinion.

Neil Warnock is OK dealing with kids and journymen but he's not a top flight manager, but it would be a giggle.

The only one that is out there....or at least we know about.....that could do a great job for us is Hidink. I have a lot of time for the way he organises a side and plans for the opposition.

I'm sure there are some potentially great young managers out there, like the Barcelona guy Guiardino (is that his name)? He came straight into the job at the worlds biggest club and won the lot. Now that would be nice.

But this was about if Harry got the England job, well the FA wouldn't give it to him in a million years. The press have been saying that for some time as the FA think he is dirty and he still has this court case hanging over him and after the Venables debacle they wouldn't want to go there again.

So we have Harry for sometime I just hope he gets his act together soon and starts putting out the right team and coming up with some good results.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 01:38

i dont think they will give it to harry as hes dirty.

lew warnock is a good shout. i also like hiddink iv been sayin that for years.

but my 1st choice would be the specal 1. imagine if we had him. no more complancy he would expect our players to give theree all in every game. he would go to man u and want to win

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 02:20

totalytot wrote:
    A few years ago Venables could do no wrong in my eyes but I think his days are over. by the way has anybody seen him lately, he never used to be off the telly, now nobody uses him.

Mourinio would never come in a million years, we couldn't offer him a larger enough transfer chest.

I said before that as nice as big Mart was he had taken us as far as his ability could and it would be a backward step in my opinion.

Neil Warnock is OK dealing with kids and journymen but he's not a top flight manager, but it would be a giggle.

The only one that is out there....or at least we know about.....that could do a great job for us is Hidink. I have a lot of time for the way he organises a side and plans for the opposition.

I'm sure there are some potentially great young managers out there, like the Barcelona guy Guiardino (is that his name)? He came straight into the job at the worlds biggest club and won the lot. Now that would be nice.

But this was about if Harry got the England job, well the FA wouldn't give it to him in a million years. The press have been saying that for some time as the FA think he is dirty and he still has this court case hanging over him and after the Venables debacle they wouldn't want to go there again.

So we have Harry for sometime I just hope he gets his act together soon and starts putting out the right team and coming up with some good results.

Mikey M

Mike, with due respect youngsters and journeymen are all warnock have been able to work with due to zilch budgets at the clubs he has managed, but he has unnearthed jagielka and a couple of others.

I rate the bloke for what he has done but with no money to do it.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Sep 13 2010, 04:31

I just think that is his level Lew. I couldn't see him taking a team through European competitions. The other thing is that no prem team has gone for him when jobs have come about, that must tell you something.
    But you're right, he's not had the chance to manage a big side in the top division, maybe he will get his chance someday, as long as it's not us.

Mikey M
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Mon Sep 13 2010, 07:04

the blackpool nutter would do me
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 13 2010, 07:10

Ian Holloway? His interviews would be fun lol.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 07:43

yea i like him. i hope blackpool stay up. they are my 2nd prem team this season and i want qpr to walk the other league

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 16:21

totalytot wrote:

I just think that is his level Lew. I couldn't see him taking a team through European competitions. The other thing is that no prem team has gone for him when jobs have come about, that must tell you something.
    But you're right, he's not had the chance to manage a big side in the top division, maybe he will get his chance someday, as long as it's not us.

Mikey M

Mike ! i just wonder how ferguson, wenger and mourinho would do without the millions at their disposal ?

How good are those respective managers without being able to work with some of the worlds best players........how would they cope with having to loan sign players, or with a budget of £1 mill at their disposal, how much can they improve players the way warnock obviously has.

You have to remember mike that warnock was cheated out of a premiership place by west ham fielding an illegal player, so his prem record is ok imo.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 13 2010, 17:58

lewspurs wrote:

Baz ! this might shock people and deduct rep points if anyone feels the need, but i actually rate old neil warnock.

Good shout Lew, i like Warnock & his no nonsense approach have a rep point Smile
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Mon Sep 13 2010, 18:47

hottest property outside the premier at the moment is Millwalls Jackett. Got Millwall promoted when the club was in financial ruin.
    By the time Harry will take the England post he might be the most wanted English manager in the country.

Watch this space....

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 18:59

LOBO wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Good shout Lew, i like Warnock & his no nonsense approach have a rep point Smile

Thanks lobo.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14 2010, 02:26

yea your right lew. fergie always had money and hes brought so many duff buys. hes spent silly money on players

a good manager is sumone who can build a team on a smal budget. i been really inpressed with birmingham.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:18