The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
BMJ Still a Hero.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
BMJ Still a Hero.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
BMJ Still a Hero.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
BMJ Still a Hero.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
BMJ Still a Hero.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
BMJ Still a Hero.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
BMJ Still a Hero.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
BMJ Still a Hero.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
BMJ Still a Hero.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

BMJ Still a Hero.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

BMJ Still a Hero.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

BMJ Still a Hero.  Empty BMJ Still a Hero.

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 13 2010, 01:22

Martin Jol still the man most wanted by Spurs fans

Discontent is starting to weave its way through White Hart Lane over the performance of manager Harry Redknapp.It must be said that Redknapp probably still retains the support of the majority of the Spurs fans, however, anyone reading the various Spurs forums and comments left in blogs cannot fail to see the unhappiness starting to grow at Redknapp.It is not so much that they have dropped five points against WBA and Wigan, though that in itself is cause for concern, it is more his ego and arrogance and his belief that he can do what he wants when he wants.The first rumblings occurred when he tried to find a way to help Sol Campbell out, then there was the attempt to take Patrick Vierra to White Hart Lane, then there was the signing of former Arsenal captain William Gallas and it does not stop there.Not only did he sign a former Arsenal captain, he then toyed with the idea of making Gallas the Tottenham captain before he realised the opposition to such a move, add to all that him basically saying to the Spurs fans that, he is loyal but only until England come calling.Spurs fans are no doubt thankful to Redknapp for getting the club in to the Champions League, but the Spurs fans are not dumb, their faith in Martin Jol was without question and he was and remains more than capable of matching Redknapps achievements, Jol understands the history and passion of Tottenham, something Redknapp clearly does not and there was never a question of Jols loyalty.Would Jol return to White Hart Lane? Probably not and who could blame him, but reading some of the comments today and yesterday it is becoming increasingly clear that Spurs fans would welcome him home with open arms and not too many tears would be shed if Redknapp was gone.CLICK HERE FOR MORE TOTTENHAM NEWS UPDATED THROUGH THE DAY

BMJ Still a Hero.  Empty Re: BMJ Still a Hero.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 01:47

i perfer him to harry. i just dont trust harry
    he takes the praise when we win then blames other people when we lose.

he played modric hudd wp yesterday yet im sure they would have started on tues. he always brings players back to early.

he has favorites in crouch defoe lennon. He wants to be everybodys friend.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Sep 13 2010, 01:51

no discontent from me with harry, its the bloody players need to take a look at themselves. harry is the best weve had for years and has proved his worth

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 04:50

Big Mart will always be a hero to me but 'arry is the manager and that's what counts. I've posted elsewhere that I feel he is still making the final 'fine tuning' adjustments to how he wants us set-up. You watch guys a couple of positive results and we'll be up and flying . . . . .. . . . ..
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 13 2010, 05:43

BazSpur wrote:Martin Jol still the man most wanted by Spurs fans

Discontent is starting to weave its way through White Hart Lane over the performance of manager Harry Redknapp.It must be said that Redknapp probably still retains the support of the majority of the Spurs fans, however, anyone reading the various Spurs forums and comments left in blogs cannot fail to see the unhappiness starting to grow at Redknapp.It is not so much that they have dropped five points against WBA and Wigan, though that in itself is cause for concern, it is more his ego and arrogance and his belief that he can do what he wants when he wants.The first rumblings occurred when he tried to find a way to help Sol Campbell out, then there was the attempt to take Patrick Vierra to White Hart Lane, then there was the signing of former Arsenal captain William Gallas and it does not stop there.Not only did he sign a former Arsenal captain, he then toyed with the idea of making Gallas the Tottenham captain before he realised the opposition to such a move, add to all that him basically saying to the Spurs fans that, he is loyal but only until England come calling.Spurs fans are no doubt thankful to Redknapp for getting the club in to the Champions League, but the Spurs fans are not dumb, their faith in Martin Jol was without question and he was and remains more than capable of matching Redknapps achievements, Jol understands the history and passion of Tottenham, something Redknapp clearly does not and there was never a question of Jols loyalty.Would Jol return to White Hart Lane? Probably not and who could blame him, but reading some of the comments today and yesterday it is becoming increasingly clear that Spurs fans would welcome him home with open arms and not too many tears would be shed if Redknapp was gone.CLICK HERE FOR MORE TOTTENHAM NEWS UPDATED THROUGH THE DAY

Bag on baz i return the rep .

Jol was wet behind the ears when he took over at spurs but since then he has gone on the prove he is a top coach in Europe, would i welcome him back " Yes " of course i would love to see him back because no matter how great we're doing now what with the CL and all that ' there is this empty void about us but i can't pin point what, as for Redknapp he's a great manager but this England thing has rubbed me up the wrong way .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 13 2010, 06:23

Could BMJ have got us into the CL? Yes of course he could with Arry's squad of players. I think deep down in the heart of most Spurs supporters there is this hope that one day BMJ will walk back into Spurs and all our dreams will be realised. The Godfather would be back where he belongs. As the writer of the above article says though. BMJ would probably not return. We all have great memories of the man. Going nose to nose with Wenger on the touchline was probably one of the best. As the writer said BMJ had a real passion for Spurs. He loved the club and we all loved him. Times change though and we all have to move on. I just thought the article was interesting in that it points out the ghost of BMJ still haunts WHL.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 13 2010, 09:30

BazSpur wrote:Could BMJ have got us into the CL? Yes of course he could with Arry's squad of players. I think deep down in the heart of most Spurs supporters there is this hope that one day BMJ will walk back into Spurs and all our dreams will be realised. The Godfather would be back where he belongs. As the writer of the above article says though. BMJ would probably not return. We all have great memories of the man. Going nose to nose with Wenger on the touchline was probably one of the best. As the writer said BMJ had a real passion for Spurs. He loved the club and we all loved him. Times change though and we all have to move on. I just thought the article was interesting in that it points out the ghost of BMJ still haunts WHL.

Yea i agree Baz, there's still unfinished business where Martin Jol & Tottenham hotspur are concerned
    looking back knowing what i know now i can honestly say hand on heart Jol loved spurs , he was spurs through & through

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 16:30

Jolty old start for harry but he will come through mark my words.

As for who he buys, ffs, gallas has played for chelsea too, i dont have a problem with gallas unless he obviously is so bad that harry has made a mistake.......i dont think he has, the bloke just needs to get fit.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Mon Sep 13 2010, 18:12

No ta, Jol had his chance and took us as far as he could. You can say he didn't have Harrys squad but we spent a fair bit of cash when he was in charge. And probably had the best set of forwards this club has ever seen
    Harry over Jol every time.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 13 2010, 22:15

The difference Sarf is that Jol had Comoli to contend with who was buying players over Jol's head. Arry has had nothing like that to weigh him down.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Tue Sep 14 2010, 02:48

BazSpur wrote:The difference Sarf is that Jol had Comoli to contend with who was buying players over Jol's head. Arry has had nothing like that to weigh him down.

Valid point Baz, but Jol knew his job title when he took over. Frank Arnsen originally brought in some great players, and we are even seeing some of comollis buys come good under Harry. But i'm gonna put across the same old argument i'm afraid and that is that jol was tactically inept when it came to beating the top four. Something even Ramos managed with the same structure. Let's not forget Jol was even outclassed by ramos.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:48