The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Are our players saving it for the cl ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Are our players saving it for the cl ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Are our players saving it for the cl ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Are our players saving it for the cl ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Are our players saving it for the cl ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Are our players saving it for the cl ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Are our players saving it for the cl ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Are our players saving it for the cl ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Are our players saving it for the cl ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Are our players saving it for the cl ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Are our players saving it for the cl ?

Are our players saving it for the cl ? Empty Are our players saving it for the cl ?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14 2010, 04:43

Well its been on my mind ! if they put in one hell of a performance against wermer bremen then you have to say yes.................... woo hoo

Dont mind that but we need some points on the board, harry has to rotate so fringe players can prove a thing or two.

All good healthy competition.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Are our players saving it for the cl ? Empty Re: Are our players saving it for the cl ?

Post by LOBO Tue Sep 14 2010, 05:31

what i noticed more than anything about the performance on saturday was the wide space between our players , there was no one touch close inter passing , the team looked stretch and big gaps were appearing abetter team would have took advantage , so im questioning the Team selection, Redknapp i feel tried to hard to accommodate the new players , it upsets the balance of the team, i mean how long was it last time Bale was left back ? Ekotto was dropped .

But then i think if your going to try a new system or team then why not against Westbrom , unforunately it didn't pay of and its no good dominating the first 30 mins we need to dominate the last 30 mins a draw was about right.

Are our players saving it for the cl ? Empty Re: Are our players saving it for the cl ?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14 2010, 06:08

the league should be our piorty. getting 4th again would be such a big acivment

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14 2010, 06:10

Agree with ya Lought. We need to cement our league posistion and see the Chumps League as part of the learning curve, and treat every match in it as an acheivment in it's self . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Sep 14 2010, 14:16

I agree with you guys and I said it at the end of last season, CL is the bonus but the League is the priority.

I've harped on about this in the past but I believe that, as we're CL new boys, we should be using the competition as a vehicle to give ALL of the players in the squad a taste of competition in the higher echelons but keeping our key players for the League.

It's a difficult one fot Redknapp as many fans will want to see us 'strutting our Funky stuff' in Europe so appearances by squad, rather than first team, players may rattle a few cages.

The fact of the matter, though, is that by sacrificing performance now, we increase our chances to perpetuate our league position, thus perpetuating our presence in the CL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:19