The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Is this crazy or what ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Is this crazy or what ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Is this crazy or what ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Is this crazy or what ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Is this crazy or what ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Is this crazy or what ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Is this crazy or what ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Is this crazy or what ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Is this crazy or what ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Is this crazy or what ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Is this crazy or what ?

Is this crazy or what ? Empty Is this crazy or what ?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 02:39

I was talking to a spurs pal and we both agreed that we couldnt understand why we are loaning out so many youngsters when we need them for the carling cup and fa cup games.

Is harry planning to field the strongest side in every match we play this season ? if so we are going to have one hell of a fatigued and tired team come next may.

The league should be our major priority, i dont think anyone on here believes we can win the champions league, so that competition should be used as the money spinner it will be for us, to use the funds to strengthen in the close season.

Always our strongest team should be in the week in week out prem games, and if possible for the cl games, fringe players and youngsters should get a run out in the 2 domestic cup comps..........as i said i dont understand this loaning out , in the name of giving the youngsters first team experience, i just wonder if its to get them off the pay roll for a while????????????

Last edited by lewspurs on Wed Sep 15 2010, 05:20; edited 1 time in total
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Is this crazy or what ? Empty Re: Is this crazy or what ?

Post by djfitzo Wed Sep 15 2010, 03:02

lewspurs wrote:

I was talking to a spurs pal and we both agreed that we couldnt understand why we are loaning out so many youngsters when we need them for the carling cup and fa cup games.

Is harry planning to field the strongest side in every match we play this season ? if so we are going to have one hell of a fatigued and tired team come next may.

The league should be our major priority, i dont think anyone on here believes we can win the champions league, so that competition should be used as the money spinner it will be for us, to use the funds to strengthen in the close season.

Always our strongest team should be in the week in week out prem games, and if possible for the cl games, fringe players and youngsters should get a run out in the 2 domestic sup comps..........as i said i dont understand this loaning out , in the name of giving the youngsters first team experience, i just wonder if its to get them off the pay roll for a while????????????

Barring the injuries Lew, we do kinda have a strong second string made up of the likes of Jenas, Hutton, Bentley , Kranj, new keeper etc, where we could field an experienced side, but the uk cup games are few and far between and the youngsters that are being loaned out will get playing time, week in week out and im hearing we are trying to tie them down on their contracts, so maybe loaning them is the best option and we do have re-calls should we get really desperate.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 03:34

well hudd and wp lennon bale have player every game so far. daws n defoe before gettin injurid. modric would of played tonight.

yet we would play almost the same team tonight. surley we need to rotate more. is jenas so much worse that he cant get in the team ahead of wp.

i would take the league more seriously. start bentley jenas and crouch tonight and see how the game plays out. vdv probably nackerd after saturday so save him use him as a sub.

the carling cup we should feild the reserves.
    cudichinu
    hutton kaboul galas bale
    bentley jenas sandro krankar
    pav gio

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 04:37

I agree with loaning some of the youngsters out. Whats the point in playing a few cup games when they can be learning their trade week in, week out at another club ? The 2nd string, that Lought mentions, is always going to get the first shout off the subs bench or when regular 1st teamers are rested. They will be gaining experience & valuable match time on the pitch. Different styles of play & tactics & formation, management attitudes and individual personalities of temporary team-mates. They will come up against different types of player as well. The only thing that does concern me is season long loans. I feel that they should run until January transfer window then be re-negotiated, or not, then . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 05:24

VisionarySound wrote:I agree with loaning some of the youngsters out. Whats the point in playing a few cup games when they can be learning their trade week in, week out at another club ? The 2nd string, that Lought mentions, is always going to get the first shout off the subs bench or when regular 1st teamers are rested. They will be gaining experience & valuable match time on the pitch. Different styles of play & tactics & formation, management attitudes and individual personalities of temporary team-mates. They will come up against different types of player as well. The only thing that does concern me is season long loans. I feel that they should run until January transfer window then be re-negotiated, or not, then . . . . . . .

Vis ! i agree that those players mentioned by lought will get first call ahead of the youngsters, point is!
    that view is not taking into account injuries along the way that will definately happen ,dawson is out, king is iffy, woodgate not in the squad, so what happens if bassong,king and gallas are out at the same time.

Same goes for corluka, walker and naughton are out on loan.

Dj says we can recall at anytime ? i am not so certain that is the case, has anyone checked that out for certain ?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 05:27

I don't think we can either Lew, this is why I would make it short-term loans. But the experience these lad's will gain, for me, could prove invaluable in years to come . . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Sep 15 2010, 19:14

i think its not for first 28 days

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content