The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley

Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley Empty Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17 2010, 01:43

Peter Crouch says Tottenham have nothing to fear in the Champions League

It shows how far Tottenham have come that, on the late-night flight back from Bremen, the mood was one of pride mixed with disappointment.

Despite squandering an early two-goal lead to Werder Bremen to finish up with a draw, Spurs’ players believe they have earned the right to be taken seriously in the Champions League.

Peter Crouch, who took his Champions League tally this season to four goals in two starts with Spurs’ second in Germany, wants his team-mates to face the remaining group games – which include ties against holders Inter Milan, managed by his former Liverpool boss Rafael Benítez, and Dutch champions FC Twente – with great confidence.

“We have got absolutely nothing to fear,” insisted Crouch. “We have got enough ability; I look around the dressing room and we have fantastic players there.
    “I genuinely believe we can match most teams in England and Europe. When I signed for the club it had been underachieving for a long, long time.
    “But the manager has turned things round, he’s added to the squad and we’ve got so much quality – look at the injuries we had, we still put out a fantastic side.
    “Our bench in Germany was as strong as any in Europe, so we have to take the positives from this game.”

Captain Ledley King added his belief in his team when he said: “There is no reason why we should have any fear and we have to get it into our heads that we are as good as all those teams out there.
    “There is a little bit of a feeling that we are going into the unknown but the way we started in the first half you would never have guessed that and that’s encouraging.”
    The addition of Rafael van der Vaart has added more strength to an already impressive squad and, against Werder, the Dutchman showed why he is regarded as one of the world’s most constructive playmakers.
    “He’s different class, the way he plays off the front man, he finds little pockets and just picks up the ball,” said Crouch, who benefited from playing in front of the former Real Madrid player.
    “He picks up possession and creates things from nothing. It’s a pleasure to play with players like that. And the fact he has come to Spurs shows the club’s ambition.
    “He must have had options but he’s come in and he’s a good lad to have around the place as well. He’s settled in right away.
    “Now we have strength in depth, we have two players in most positions. Rafael and Luka Modric are special players who can unlock defences.”
    King added his endorsement of Van der Vaart when he said: “We saw his qualities as soon as he had his first training session.
    “In his first day of training it worked really well, linking up and playing off Crouchy.
    “I think we saw that with the quality of the ball for Crouchy’s goal in Germany, that he is going to be a big addition to us.”
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley Empty Re: Crouchinio/Deadly Ledley

Post by LOBO Fri Sep 17 2010, 02:24

Peter messi is right we have know one to fear
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Fri Sep 17 2010, 05:25

Crouch mentioned we had a strong bench on Tuesday, and he wasn't wrong.
    We had 48m worth of players on the bench, just 3m short of barcelona who had 52 million.. ( stats from the sun, i didn't buy it i found it)

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17 2010, 05:52

I found the Sun too Sarf. It's that big, bright thing in the sky lol. Ace of Bass told me where to look ! ! ! Intresting stat that one mate . . . .

37 Pletikosa, 13 Gallas, 19 Bassong, 12 Palacios, 21 Kranjcar, 09 Pavlyuchenko, 10 Keane

Surprised it totals £48M but after thinking about I suppose it does and lets be honest who would have been starters and who bench should Defoe, Daws, Moddle, Wooders et al have been fit ? Then the next question is who would have missed out ? Real strength in depth through-out our current squad. Nice . . . . . .
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Fri Sep 17 2010, 10:17

VisionarySound wrote:I found the Sun too Sarf. It's that big, bright thing in the sky lol. Ace of Bass told me where to look ! ! ! Intresting stat that one mate . . . .

37 Pletikosa, 13 Gallas, 19 Bassong, 12 Palacios, 21 Kranjcar, 09 Pavlyuchenko, 10 Keane

Surprised it totals £48M but after thinking about I suppose it does and lets be honest who would have been starters and who bench should Defoe, Daws, Moddle, Wooders et al have been fit ? Then the next question is who would have missed out ? Real strength in depth through-out our current squad. Nice . . . . . .

We do have a strong squad, although we still seem to be lacking in certain areas. Fb position looks strong on paper, but our weakest area. And we might have 4 great forwards, but only Crouch is scoring, Defoe is injured, Keane... dunno, and Pav looks a different Player to the one we were all raving about last season.
    It's probably a good job we have a big squad, time to start rotating the out of form players.

Cheap sun joke Vis Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 00:45