The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
BazSpur
ionman34
6 posters

YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!!

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! Empty YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!!

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 19 2010, 03:01

It was ugly but, at the same time, it was beautiful.

We never stopped attacking, never stopped beleiving and, by Christ, we showed that we do have what it takes to blow the Bus up when it's in front of goal.

12 shots on target guys and, let's face it, we weren't really firing on all cylinders were we?

YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!! Empty Re: YOU fcuking BEAUTY!!!

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19 2010, 03:10

i thought jenas had a good game. hudd was quiet. all the subs played a part. even though crouch didnt do much up front he did loads at the back for us. Im sure hutton will play tues so lets hope he has another good game. the right back spot is there for the taken
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 19 2010, 03:53

Loughtonlegend wrote:i thought jenas had a good game. hudd was quiet. all the subs played a part. even though crouch didnt do much up front he did loads at the back for us. Im sure hutton will play tues so lets hope he has another good game. the right back spot is there for the taken

Hudd didn't stand out but he had far from a quiet game, some of our best build up play was through him and he was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet himself TBH. The control and first time shot from the ball in by VDV was superb. Just a shame he could only hit it straight at Hanneman.

I think we should credit Harry with some excellent substitutions too, not only the players but the timing as well. That little run from Lennon, along with an excellent cross, culminating in the goal, would have done his confidence a World of good I'm sure. I look forward to him linking up with Hutton, or Khaboul, in the same way Benny does with Bale.

All credit to JJ too. Two good games in a row! Whoda thunk?!?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19 2010, 03:55

Looks like Khaboul has done a hamstring, might be out for a while.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 19 2010, 03:55

Jenas played very well today ion but I was really impressed with Allan Hutton. He is looking more like Gilly every time I see him lol.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Sep 19 2010, 05:51

It makes alot of difference when we drop players, they come back more commited. Jenas, Hutton, Lennon showed great character today. Looking forwards to the game on Tuesday against the Goonies, will probably see a similar team, i reckon Harry might start Palacios and Bassong for Kaboul, thats if he's not fit.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19 2010, 06:56

Right as with the last couple of Saturdays, due to family commitments etc, I have had to stay in touch by txt messages from mates & the radio while in the car. From what I've gleaned we where under the cosh for a time but battled back and the stat that reads 20 attempts at goal compared to 5 says all I need to know. COYS . . . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 19 2010, 19:35

Well said Ion .... I do like that about our current set-up , that they always keep going to the final whistle .....
    And as for Jenas .... I were thinking he shouldve been offloaded in the summer but for me, thats three more than fairly decent performances from him now , Stoke away , Werder away and yesterday too and I cant recall any of us ever seeing that from him so well done JJ .....
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Sep 19 2010, 21:57

It was a great result and one that didn't look likely with less than 15 mins to go.I was glad that we were trying right to the end but lets not get to carried away, they were 3 almighty defence cock-ups that gave us the goals.When we equalised they really went for us and looked more likely to get the winner and Huttons penalty was a definate penalty but he wasn't going anywhere was he.

I am not trying to be a spoilt sport here as we really needed that win but every time we win a game some on here start talking about winning the league. In my opinion we actually got out of jail yesterday, although we were the better team for most of the game and we need to put these sides away before they even get started.

For all the talk about them parking the bus after an hour they had 6 corners to our 1 according to the TV that shows that they were trying.

I just get concerned that we play pretty football at times but don't cause any damage. If you take Chelsea as a bench mark....who incidentaly I think will win the league by a mile this year.....They always score goals and you can safely bet that on most occasions will put 2,3 or 4 goals past the likes of WBA, Wigan, Wolves etc.

How many of you on here that saw the game live with 75 mins gone were effing and blinding that we were looking like losing to another relegation possible side. I know I was and in the end was relieved they fcuked up.

Mikey M

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 19 2010, 22:08

I think if you look at the goals again Mikey ok they may have been mistakes by them but I think they were forced into them ok Hutton wasn't going to score but I think the defender thought he might get to the byline and put a dangerous ball into the box he was forced into making a mis-timed tackle. The Pav goal although a bad mistake by them came about because of pressure in their box and you have to give it to Pav that he was on the ball (no pun intended) enough to make something out of nothing. Again with Huttons goal it was the pressure in their box that caused a little panic and the fact that hutton was there is what caused the fluke but he was in there causing problems. I say those goals came about because of pressure.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Mon Sep 20 2010, 03:54

totalytot wrote: It was a great result and one that didn't look likely with less than 15 mins to go.I was glad that we were trying right to the end but lets not get to carried away, they were 3 almighty defence cock-ups that gave us the goals.When we equalised they really went for us and looked more likely to get the winner and Huttons penalty was a definate penalty but he wasn't going anywhere was he.

I am not trying to be a spoilt sport here as we really needed that win but every time we win a game some on here start talking about winning the league. In my opinion we actually got out of jail yesterday, although we were the better team for most of the game and we need to put these sides away before they even get started.

For all the talk about them parking the bus after an hour they had 6 corners to our 1 according to the TV that shows that they were trying.

I just get concerned that we play pretty football at times but don't cause any damage. If you take Chelsea as a bench mark....who incidentaly I think will win the league by a mile this year.....They always score goals and you can safely bet that on most occasions will put 2,3 or 4 goals past the likes of WBA, Wigan, Wolves etc.

How many of you on here that saw the game live with 75 mins gone were effing and blinding that we were looking like losing to another relegation possible side. I know I was and in the end was relieved they fcuked up.

Mikey M

Good points Mikey, it wasn't all about Wolves parking the bus. They had all those corners in quick succession, and threatend to finish off the game.

But as others have said, we showed good spirit in the last 15 mins, to turn the game around.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 13 2024, 02:47