The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Keane EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Keane EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Keane EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Keane EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Keane EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Keane EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Keane EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Keane EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Keane EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Keane Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
BazSpur
LOBO
ionman34
ArnieArdiles
seebee1944
9 posters

Keane

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Keane Empty Keane

Post by seebee1944 Sun Sep 19 2010, 17:56

Yes I know he's lost it another poor game yesterday but why the **** are sections of the crowd booing him it's really P*ssing me off. In fact had an argument with someone who was booing yesterday I really cannot understand the mentality turning on your own players. Especially one like Robbie who has been a brilliant servant to Spurs.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Keane Empty Re: Keane

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 19 2010, 19:02

Well done Seebee for giving the fickle a mouthfull ..... I had similar years ago whilst trying out a season ticket in the West Stand Upper .............I had a Vinny Samway hater nearby and game after game it was "Samways you're shite" , "Samways you c**t" and the stewards did nothing .... Well one game I'd had enough and a few beers pre match Keane Drunken_smilie and when he launched into his usual expletives and "Samways you aint fit to wear the shirt", I'd had enough , stood up , pointed at him with , " and you aint fit to call yourself a Spurs a fan you twat"! which got a round of applause by those in ear shot ... I then got told by a steward to sit down and not to harrass other fans ! ...
    At least it did the trick and the so called fan toned down his anti Spurs comments ....

Nowadays Keane at times is so frustratiing and he is struggling for his past form but he dont deserve some of the stick he gets .....

RIP... Bobby Smith
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 19 2010, 20:27

I don't really agree that Keane had that poor a game yesterday you know. Now don't get me wrong, I was just as frustrated as everyone else at his wastefulness in front of goal but, I have since watched the game again, without the jangling nerves, and took more note of the part he played in the game.

In a nutshell, Keane was everywhere. He ran tirelessly into the channels, giving VDV and Hudd a plethora of opportunities for through balls. He opened up space that Bale had a Whale of a time exploiting on the left. He was constantly there offering an option to midfield and his attacking partner and, most telling for me, was how often he pressurised that Twat Hanneman every time he wanted to waste time.

Crouch got MOM for doing the hard yards but I don't think he covered one blade of grass more than Keane did. ............. And Crouch didn't score either. In fact, had Crouch been a little more aware, he could have put a brace on a plate for Keane who was in the right place at the right time almost constantly.

I still believe his days are numbered at Spurs, but I hate to see unwarranted criticism, as you all well know.

Keane worked his socks off yesterday and should be lauded for his effort.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 19 2010, 20:34

keane had a great game yesterday , it was his first start in 8 months for spurs, to boo him just dont make sense to me, but there are those who wont forgive him when he jumped ship to liverpool when we were in the shight bottom of the table under ramos
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 19 2010, 21:04

I have never booed any Spurs player even when they were crap. I don't think its right to boo the shirt for one thing and another thing is it doesn't help the player gain any confidence. In my mind I might think"I don't rate that player" but I would never boo a Spurs player.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Sep 20 2010, 02:10

Keane played ok yesterday, missed a few half chances. He just isnt the same player, its probably age. No reason to boo your own players tho, thats just unacceptable.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20 2010, 08:56

i thought keane had a good game. i heard some spurs fans booed galas during the line ups being read out. hows that guna help us. our own fans booing a player whos playin at the back
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Sep 20 2010, 09:56

ionman34 wrote:
    Crouch got MOM for doing the hard yards but I don't think he covered one blade of grass more than Keane did. ............. And Crouch didn't score either. In fact, had Crouch been a little more aware, he could have put a brace on a plate for Keane who was in the right place at the right time almost constantly.

I agree with you entirely my observation was that Keane did ok if not trying too hard, he was just a bit unlucky. I noticed that it is as if Crouch did not knock down any headers for Keane to feed on whether that was deliberate or not I am not sure. My impression is that he would have done so if Defoe was palying.

I also agree with what has been said that true fans should not boo their own players if so they should be banned from White Hart Lane
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Sep 22 2010, 00:10

Loughtonlegend wrote:i thought keane had a good game. i heard some spurs fans booed galas during the line ups being read out. hows that guna help us. our own fans booing a player whos playin at the back

could have been the wolves fans
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Sep 22 2010, 00:23

LOBO wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:i thought keane had a good game. i heard some spurs fans booed galas during the line ups being read out. hows that guna help us. our own fans booing a player whos playin at the back

could have been the wolves fans

Dont know why, maybe because he went to Coventry after them, there was lots of booing going on when we played Brom, maybe directed at Keano.

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Sep 22 2010, 01:03

Yes, it's an odd thing to call ones self a fan (fanatic) then boo your own team!
    I thought you was supposed to save the boos for the opposition! Not to demarolise your own team.
    Glad there no Fickle Boo Boys on Here.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Sep 22 2010, 06:56

Can You Here The Boo Boys Sing!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 00:04