The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Self Destruct ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Self Destruct ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Self Destruct ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Self Destruct ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Self Destruct ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Self Destruct ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Self Destruct ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Self Destruct ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Self Destruct ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Self Destruct ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Self Destruct !

Self Destruct ! Empty Self Destruct !

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20 2010, 20:55

Whether or not it is true but i read in a sunday paper that gallas was booed by a small section of the crowd (at times ) as i said, i read it in the paper but if this is true i really worry about the mentality of some supporters.

FFs, he turned down a new contract at the goons to move to spurs, and the bloke is french, apart from playing for them over a few seasons what has the bloke done wrong ?

Yes he has played for our fiercest rivals but all players these days go to where they will be paid the most, if some section of spurs supporters seriously believe otherwise then they need their heads testing.

I can understand the animosity toward campbell, and its rightly deserved but gallas can do a good job at spurs, and i just hope these idiots dont effect gallas,s performances for us..........talk about self destruct, and i bet the goons just love it.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Self Destruct ! Empty Re: Self Destruct !

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 20 2010, 21:33

Yea agree with you lew if this story is true , i didnt hear any booing on the broadcast so it must have been localized, if anything he should be cheered for joining us over them
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Mon Sep 20 2010, 21:44

Shouldn't this be under the thread named 'Gallas'?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 20 2010, 22:09

Thanks Sarf .. I thought I were the only one ..... so many threads opened up on the same subject, at times makes this forum a hard read ... We dont even have a match thread, meaning we have to open up a dozen threads on the same game ,,,,,strange Self Destruct ! Icon_scratch
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 20 2010, 22:20

just like the old aol board then :P

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20 2010, 22:35

sarflondonar wrote:Shouldn't this be under the thread named 'Gallas'?

I havent looked much at the gallas thread, did it mention booing gallas sarf ? if not then this subject is on this board in its own right.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Mon Sep 20 2010, 23:28

lewspurs wrote:

I havent looked much at the gallas thread, did it mention booing gallas sarf ? if not then this subject is on this board in its own right.

Yeah it did, it mention the reception he got at the Lane.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Mon Sep 20 2010, 23:32

ArnieArdiles wrote:Thanks Sarf .. I thought I were the only one ..... so many threads opened up on the same subject, at times makes this forum a hard read ... We dont even have a match thread, meaning we have to open up a dozen threads on the same game ,,,,,strange Self Destruct ! Icon_scratch

I'm glad i aint the only one who notices it too, cheers Arnie.
    good point about the match thread, although i guess it would be fairly long, but atleast you'd know where to go.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 20 2010, 23:45

There is a way for Admin to merge threads but I can't work it out at the moment.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21 2010, 00:55

sarflondonar wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Yeah it did, it mention the reception he got at the Lane.

Yeah and nobody answered whether or not he did get a good reception.

This thread is about booing players of your own team, and gallas,s thread is about how he did with a reference to his reception by one other poster.
    It therefore doesnt belong to the gallas thread because this is an ongoing problem at whl, i saw it many times when i was a regular, and it rears its ugly head from time to time.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21 2010, 01:06

sarflondonar wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:Thanks Sarf .. I thought I were the only one ..... so many threads opened up on the same subject, at times makes this forum a hard read ... We dont even have a match thread, meaning we have to open up a dozen threads on the same game ,,,,,strange Self Destruct ! Icon_scratch

I'm glad i aint the only one who notices it too, cheers Arnie.
    good point about the match thread, although i guess it would be fairly long, but atleast you'd know where to go.

I cant speak for others on here regarding starting threads that cover the same material, but the prime theme of this thread is about booing your own players, gallas just happened to be the latest target according to a sunday paper ? the gallas thread is about how he did performance wise........there is a difference if you take the time to think about it. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Sep 21 2010, 01:29

BazSpur wrote:There is a way for Admin to merge threads but I can't work it out at the moment.

I know these forums pretty well ive made a few gaming forums using forumotion

You can either click the merge button above your quick mod tools or select 'merge topics' from the quick mod tools drop down menu, the next page will tell you the title of the topic you have chosen to merge. Click the 'select' button. You can then choose the forum of the topic you want to merge with, using the upper right hand drop down menu and check the topic that you want to merge with. The next page will again show you the topic you want to merge and now the topic you want to merge with. Click send, lol sounds confussing cos it is, but practice makes perfect

Hope it helps
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Tue Sep 21 2010, 01:32

BazSpur wrote:There is a way for Admin to merge threads but I can't work it out at the moment.

It's not really your Job Baz, it's down to 'the' poster to read other peoples posts and check they are not duplicating. Good manners imo...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 21 2010, 02:46

Lew, Marks opening Gallas post couldnt be more clear : What sort of reciption did he get hard to tell on tv hope it was good he is yid now its not like we signed one of Arsne best bum boys like Walnut Bender or Judas back

So along with Sarf , found it a little odd why another thread was opened up .... Your post is not about 'booing our own' in general but its about Gallas' treatment by our fans , a small minority it has to be said mainly from the Park Lane and Shelf Side corner ... I just felt you couldve added your opening post there in response to Marks query, igniting the debate ..?

You just want to Self Destruct ! 99038 us simpler folk innit ? Self Destruct ! 131528

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21 2010, 13:11

ArnieArdiles wrote:Lew, Marks opening Gallas post couldnt be more clear : What sort of reciption did he get hard to tell on tv hope it was good he is yid now its not like we signed one of Arsne best bum boys like Walnut Bender or Judas back

So along with Sarf , found it a little odd why another thread was opened up .... Your post is not about 'booing our own' in general but its about Gallas' treatment by our fans , a small minority it has to be said mainly from the Park Lane and Shelf Side corner ... I just felt you couldve added your opening post there in response to Marks query, igniting the debate ..?

You just want to Self Destruct ! 99038 us simpler folk innit ? Self Destruct ! 131528

lol! Arnie ! so are you and sarf telling everyone where to put their comments and not use their own initative ? so are you saying that we have to read through every thread to double check someone hasnt posted the same. lol! even you must admit that some threads are more interesting than others , some you read some you dont, but next time you and sarf post something that i have read previously dont expect me not to comment about it, as you both have felt you should pick me up on my opinion, then you have to be prepared to have it reciprocated.

Self destruct was primarily a post using gallas as an example to what certain fans have done to players over the years, and how it wont help the main cause (tottenham success) if we undermine players confidence through the madness of booing them !

Think of other players over the years that have been subject to the boo boys and take gallas out from the equasion? now does it still belong to marks original thread ? lol!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22 2010, 04:40

Silence is golden !
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Sep 22 2010, 05:08

Ah erm ok Lew ...easy , lets not get to deep into this or we will end up getting the herpes ,,,erm harpies.......... argh, harps!

Okay ..... Its not for me to say about starting up threads , that's up to the individual poster but this instance just hit out and with, Sarf spotting it also .......

Anyway , for example, if theres a thread about how the team performed away at the Brittanica Stadium and posters are throwing in their thoughts , if you prefer not to join in and prefer to open up another thread next to it with say , 'Gomes dodgy at Stoke', that's your prerogative..

As for pulling me up for a similar instance, feel free to do so but we do mean similar instance, yes? Where a thread is but two threads down on our portal page list with the opening post staring me in the face and is not a week or more old dormant thread and some 20 or more threads away ? If so, I will happily hold my hands up and take my medicine....

I will say no more to you on the this , I promise ... Self Destruct ! Icon_silent

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22 2010, 17:44

ArnieArdiles wrote: Ah erm ok Lew ...easy , lets not get to deep into this or we will end up getting the herpes ,,,erm harpies.......... argh, harps!

Understood arnie, i am treating this light heartedly but with a little bit of seriousness too !

Okay ..... Its not for me to say about starting up threads , that's up to the individual poster but this instance just hit out and with, Sarf spotting it also .......

Well thats two of you arnie so it makes it right ! yeah ?

Anyway , for example, if theres a thread about how the team performed away at the Brittanica Stadium and posters are throwing in their thoughts , if you prefer not to join in and prefer to open up another thread next to it with say , 'Gomes dodgy at Stoke', that's your prerogative..

But that could actually be two different threads arnie, and busom pal sarf ! a thread about gomes isnt the same as a thread about how the whole team performed during a certain game, now is it?

As for pulling me up for a similar instance, feel free to do so but we do mean similar instance, yes? Where a thread is but two threads down on our portal page list with the opening post staring me in the face and is not a week or more old dormant thread and some 20 or more threads away ? If so, I will happily hold my hands up and take my medicine....

lol! now dont you and sarf go worrying yourselves, i will be completely fair about this, but do i detect the same reaction that i myself had when i was picked up by you and sarf ( oh gosh golly ) which was that have i now got to read every thread so i am not guilty of being accused of starting a thread that has already been done in another form.
    My point arnie that you havent acknowledged, is that the gallas post asked of his performance and reception, other posters debated on his performance but nobody said much about the booing until i myself found mention of it in a sunday paper, not one poster (until later after i had posted) made mention of this fact.
    This self destruct thread means just that with gallas as an example, but it actually applies to many spurs players over many years and it isnt good that certain fans do it.

I will say no more to you on the this , I promise ... Self Destruct ! Icon_silent

As i said arnie i am treating this with light heartedness, and have tried to make you and sarf feel the same in return as i did on reading both your comments............just be careful what you write thats all lol! lol! lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 23 2010, 00:25

Mistakes sometimes happen and I have in the past put up a similar thread without noticing the other thread. It can be difficult sometimes. Sometimes you may want to answer a thread where although the new thread is along the same line it might take the current thread off on a different direction. In that case it might be the right thing to open a new thread. I have done this myself in the past. Its up to the posters to decide whether they stick with the current thread or open another. By the same token if a poster feels the original thread is answering the questions then you always have the option of ignoring the new thread. Hope that makes sense.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 01:15

BazSpur wrote:Mistakes sometimes happen and I have in the past put up a similar thread without noticing the other thread. It can be difficult sometimes. Sometimes you may want to answer a thread where although the new thread is along the same line it might take the current thread off on a different direction. In that case it might be the right thing to open a new thread. I have done this myself in the past. Its up to the posters to decide whether they stick with the current thread or open another. By the same token if a poster feels the original thread is answering the questions then you always have the option of ignoring the new thread. Hope that makes sense.

Perfectly baz ! and in my case nobody reported that gallas was booed as i said was mentioned in a sunday paper, so i made a thread of the same because it wasnt covered in marks gallas case.

Honestly baz, i am really mucking about a little here with sarf and arnie ! i know perfectly where they are coming from and i suppose it is frustrating for some to read the same subject on an earlier thread, but, and its a big but, and i am repeating myself here, that nobody mentioned gallas was booed by a small sectiopn of crowd, unless i have gone all googly eyed and cant read anymore. lol!
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Thu Sep 23 2010, 03:35

Lew you don't have to read every thread, the title will give you a clue
    At the weekend you started a Hutton thread, when there was already one, and it was near the top.
    And you even started a second version of this thread, which you can argue all you want but it should have gone in the Gallas thread.
    How many Taarabt posts? Or new rep point posts Did we need.?
    As for Baz saying we all make mistakes, that is fair enough, i've done it myself.
    But in my opinion you've been guilty of this since the aol days.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 06:07

sarflondonar wrote:Lew you don't have to read every thread, the title will give you a clue
    At the weekend you started a Hutton thread, when there was already one, and it was near the top.
    And you even started a second version of this thread, which you can argue all you want but it should have gone in the Gallas thread.
    How many Taarabt posts? Or new rep point posts Did we need.?
    As for Baz saying we all make mistakes, that is fair enough, i've done it myself.
    But in my opinion you've been guilty of this since the aol days.

Well you know what the answer is sarf ! dont fcking well read my posts then.

Why cant you get in into your head that the self distruct thread doesnt belong in marks gallas subject,? how many times do i have to say that its an old problem at spurs (boo boys) and that it isnt needed ? gallas was just an example of what certain players have to put up with and that it is self harming to the tottenham cause.

If you care to read back on the old taarabt posts you will find that lought flamed the fire in most cases by defending his own opinion of the player........so dont hang that one on me mate.

As for rep points, you and arnie can go on awarding them to each other on this thread as much as you like because you have both found a common cause and can clap each other on the back over it !

Sarf ! at the end of the day its a fcking thread mate ! it isnt life threatening, if you dont watch out life will pass you by because you are too busy getting wound up over things that i have long learnt to ignore.

You know what they say ! get a life sarf ! lol!

sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Thu Sep 23 2010, 10:34

Lew, i do usualy skip your threads because you can garuntee somebody has already posted what you've written maybe a day before, but you've not bothered to read it.
    I can only asume that you think your opinion is better than everyone elses, because like you said you don't bother reading anyones posts.
    Also.....
    I find it ironic that the person telling me to get a life is the same person who was bitching for months about his rep points. Also the same person who pulled up an old thread about J. cole to prove he had more views than another thread, like it is a popularity contest.....

You think me and Arnie are ganging up on you? WRONG!
    More paranoia, which is becoming a monthly event for you.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 12:01

sarflondonar wrote:Lew, i do usualy skip your threads because you can garuntee somebody has already posted what you've written maybe a day before, but you've not bothered to read it.
    I can only asume that you think your opinion is better than everyone elses, because like you said you don't bother reading anyones posts.
    Also.....
    I find it ironic that the person telling me to get a life is the same person who was bitching for months about his rep points. Also the same person who pulled up an old thread about J. cole to prove he had more views than another thread, like it is a popularity contest.....

You think me and Arnie are ganging up on you? WRONG!
    More paranoia, which is becoming a monthly event for you.

.............well thats very strange sarf, strange indeed, that you can guarantee somebody has written something i post a day after, i think maybe i might quote a very able writer on here without naming names " that my posts usually evoke reaction and thought " i think sarf that i might take their opinion over yours, because he is more of a revered poster on here than what is evident from your token ramblings...........also..........

hang on a minute mate ! dont put words into my mouth here.........i didnt say i cant be bothered to read other posters views on here i actually said that i respond to those that i find interesting to myself, which i am sure you yourself do too.

I can see you skip my posts, because when i pulled up the joe cole thread of weeks back it was simply because burger was blowing his own trumpet that he had hit a thousand views ! it was laughable that he believed it had,nt happened on here..........no mate not a popularity contest just proving a point to burger and i actually apologised to baz for doing so !

.......and once again you have to bring up rep points, you are such an opinionated person that you didnt bother to read the facts behind it.........and they were that baz could put me on zero if he liked, and he still can for that matter, it wouldnt stop me posting an opinion if i felt like doing so, but scroll back sarf and actually read what i said in those posts because i am not going to repeat it just for your sake.

As for paranoia ! do you know the meaning ? its something that the mind imagines, i didnt imagine you and arnie demeaning the thread by deciding it should be put into marks gallas post, and then the little green line appearing as if to say " well done mate " have a rep.

The thing here sarf is that you have tried to embarrass me into not starting threads under the guise that others have mentioned the same subject before ! and thats wrong mate ! i come on here in fits and starts, i steal the odd minutes in the middle of the night, i have a look in when the wife is cooking, in an attempt to contribute to what is an opinions forum, others might do the same as myself...and that is to think over the latest things going on with tottenham and want to share the same thoughts with like minded people.......and like others i post sometimes in an excited fashion when the team has just won, the hutton thread i did was because i was genuinely pleased for the bloke and for spurs after he played a blinder against wolves, had i waited until the next day i probably would have calmed down and seen your hutton offering.........but to finish...

funny enough i dont usually read your posts either ! simply because they bore me to tears as mine do to you, so i would suggest we avoid each other posts.......and if you cant get a life .....then get a brain !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content