The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Unfortunately ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Unfortunately ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Unfortunately ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Unfortunately ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Unfortunately ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Unfortunately ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Unfortunately ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Unfortunately ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Unfortunately ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Unfortunately ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Unfortunately !

Unfortunately ! Empty Unfortunately !

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22 2010, 12:23

Well heres a new thread and i hope that the theme hasnt already been covered, ? if it has then many apologies to arnie, sarf etc etc ! lol!

I was saying to my man utd mate that harry,s putting out a load of fringe players and i think we are going to lose, now ! i have no problem with mainly second team players being given a run out in the carling cup because the league must always be priority number one, but its unfortunate that it had to be against the goons.

A 1-4 defeat at home is hard to accept against any team but against the fcking goons its many times worse, but i feel that harry hasnt done anything wrong, yeah bentley on the left is a strange one but, perhaps he had his reasons.

We have to accept that we have bigger fish to fry competition wise, its just unfortunate that it was against them...............its a bitter pill to have to swallow, but the lads will be fresh for the next game and hopefully 3 points will be the reward.

Oh and i was going to call this thread " are the gods conspiring against us " because just when we are able to experiment a bit on the playing field it has to be against the gooners ! couldnt have been fcking hartlepool could it ? lol!
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Unfortunately ! Empty Re: Unfortunately !

Post by shearspur Thu Sep 23 2010, 01:58

they know what this game means to us, should have put out a stronger team from the off and tried to blitz them early on knowing what their likely 11 would be. then if we had a couple of early goals have some youth on bench to bring on.thing was wenger out foxed harry and put out a stronger 11 than he normally would cos he knows the rumblings are there with their supporters not winning anything and also wanting to beat us.i dont mind going out the c cup cos hopefully we have more important matches, but not to them and their 2nd string players ffs.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Sep 23 2010, 02:08

shearspur wrote:they know what this game means to us, should have put out a stronger team from the off and tried to blitz them early on knowing what their likely 11 would be. then if we had a couple of early goals have some youth on bench to bring on.thing was wenger out foxed harry and put out a stronger 11 than he normally would cos he knows the rumblings are there with their supporters not winning anything and also wanting to beat us.i dont mind going out the c cup cos hopefully we have more important matches, but not to them and their 2nd string players ffs.

Shear, I share your frustration, but it was hardly their second string. We have players like Modders whos coing back from injury and players like Bale thats played twice a week since the start of the season. Harry does know what it means to us, but cant sacrifice the whole season on one game, no matter who it is. Im guessing the same people moaning about losing to the Goons, will be the same ones moaning when we dont get into the top 4 because we played key players like Bale,Modders,Hudd etc for them to get injured in a game thats not as important as others that we will be playing very soon.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 02:20

why did he play 3 defensiv midfilders at home.

the midfeild of
    bentley sandro jena/wp kranker
    pav gio

hardly players that will be startes. maybe swap jenas for wp.

at half time we was cryin out for an attackin midfeilder

wenger fked harry over by makin harry think he play hes kids.

harry worry about ur own team. where was our attackin mideilder
    why play wp on right. thanks harry

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 06:13

Why are people knocking 'arry ? Loads of posts on this forum alone about how he doesn't give fringe players a chance etc. So when he does he's criticised ! Can't have it both ways. He picked players that people wanted to see given a chance and saved others for the Bubble Blowers & FC Twente games. Don't knock a manager for doing what fans wanted then moan when it don't work out. For 90 minutes we where in the game. 2 soft/iffy pens turned the tide . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 23 2010, 06:15

My only gripe vis, as I have put elsewhere was he played certain players out of position and that didn't help. WP looked lost on the right for instance.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 06:22

VisionarySound wrote:Why are people knocking 'arry ? Loads of posts on this forum alone about how he doesn't give fringe players a chance etc. So when he does he's criticised ! Can't have it both ways. He picked players that people wanted to see given a chance and saved others for the Bubble Blowers & FC Twente games. Don't knock a manager for doing what fans wanted then moan when it don't work out. For 90 minutes we where in the game. 2 soft/iffy pens turned the tide . . . . . .

Have to agree vis its ridiculous but it was because it was the goons.

I think also many might have pre-empted a tottenham victory and we can understand that all the fun has been taken out of it by such a result.

Personally i thought it was going to happen (not 1-4 ) but a loss anyway.

Harry now has to prove he was right by taking all 3 points against the spams.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 06:25

But what option did he have Baz ? Said last night during the game that Bentley sudda been right side to help out Naughton. With the 4-3-2-1 line-up he had to make certain decisions and playing players out of posistion was one of them. You couldn't play both Sandros and WP in the holding role. Sandro's debut so play him in his favoured spot and ask an established player to do his professional duty. 4 debuts, 4 squad players and only 3 established players in the starting line-up. 'arry done what was asked of him and also what was expected. Fair do's aresnil where the better team but if not for a mad 5 minutes and 2 pens the scoreline would have been different and people may not be criticising a manager for doing what they hoped for ! I'm not making excuses but I do feel that the scorline has clouded peoples judgement. Hey it's only a 'mickey mouse cup' so it doesn't really matter . . . . . .

Last edited by VisionarySound on Thu Sep 23 2010, 06:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol had a formation of 12 players. Maybe we whould have a chance eh)

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 06:44

harry did have options. jeanas kranker could of played in the middle. kranker on left to give us balance. i dont mind harry playing the kids but he should of given them a chance and told them to attack

i thought livemoor looked ok untill he got booked. would def like see him again. caulker 1st game he did ok same with basson take away the pens. gio and bentley did nuffing though

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 08:02

FFS, what is this all about ? every champions league team puts out mainly a second team for the domestic cup comps? why ? simply because maintaining your status in the league is more important than throttling the life out of your strongest team by playing them in every game possible, the only problem i can see here is that it was against the goons, and that was unfortunate.

If the first team had played , and won, but with injuries to key players we would be hearing " why the fck did harry play them when we have more important matches coming up "

The team put out on tuesday was never going to beat the gooners, lets get that straight because that was quite a strong a*se side, and we were fielding a real mixed bunch, under the circumstances i thought they did ok until they tired.....(extra time )

You can blame harry for playing players out of position, but the important games are coming up.......lets move on and be positive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 21:05