The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
jenas EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
jenas EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
jenas EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
jenas EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
jenas EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
jenas EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
jenas EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
jenas EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
jenas EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

jenas Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

jenas

jenas Empty jenas

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24 2010, 09:51

Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas is pleading with Harry Redknapp to keep him in the side for the London derby against West Ham even though Luka Modric is fit again.

Jenas, 27, looked to be heading out of the exit door at White Hart Lane after failing to secure a regular first team place.

But with Wilson Palacios struggling to find his best form and Modric having missed the last three games with a leg injury, the England midfielder has been handed a recall to the side.
    “This is the best squad the club have had since I've been here”Jermaine Jenas

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp believes Jenas was outstanding against Werder Bremen and Wolves and now has a major decision to make on whether to keep him in the side.

Modric has now returned to training and is certain to make an immediate return, but Jenas feels he has done enough to keep his place in the team.

Jenas said: "It's been quite difficult for me not being involved as much I'd like, but I've been in full support of the team while working hard day in, day out, waiting for a chance.

"I was fortunate to get that against Bremen. Now I have to hope that the manager will stick with me, but it's the same for all the players, we all get rotated.

"It's all part of the process and it's a long hard season, so we've all got to be ready to play whenever we are called upon.

"Without any doubt, this is the best squad the club have had since I've been here and, if you ask me, in terms of strength in depth I think we've got the best squad in the league."

jenas Empty Re: jenas

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24 2010, 09:52

i think he derserves to start.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24 2010, 16:02

He,s got to up his passing accuratacy though lought ! someone did a pass ratio and he really does give the ball away quite often, having said that...yes he should retain his place imo.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Sep 25 2010, 05:36

lewspurs wrote:

He,s got to up his passing accuratacy though lought ! someone did a pass ratio and he really does give the ball away quite often, having said that...yes he should retain his place imo.

Lately most of the midfield have been giving the ball away to much especially WP and Hudd also. But I think that Jenas has been more influential with his passing and has looked really good. In fact I think he is playing some of his best football since he came here.

I know it's a different role but I would play him instead of Lennon and have Bale, Modric, Hudd and Jenas as our midfield against the Hammers and have Lennon come on mid 2nd half.

Mikey M
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Sep 25 2010, 06:12

yeah he deserves to keep his place. hes done ok since coming back in the side and i like his attitude cos hes never in the papers moaning or trying to get a move. seems like he keeps his head down and grafts in training to try and get back in team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:55