The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Reserves EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Reserves EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Reserves EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Reserves EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Reserves EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Reserves EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Reserves EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Reserves EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Reserves EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Reserves Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Reserves

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Reserves Empty Reserves

Post by seebee1944 Fri Sep 24 2010, 23:20

After the other night with so many new faces in the side, it looked as if they had never played together, which of course they haven't. I wonder then if now is the time to re-instate a regular resrve side in competition. With so many players out on loan at different clubs playing different ways it surely makes sense to have a team playing together regularly as back up to the firsts.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Reserves Empty Re: Reserves

Post by sarflondonar Sat Sep 25 2010, 00:08

I would like a reserve side because it's an affordable way to see Spurs. But players going out on loan must be better for them. 1st team experience is nothing like playing reserve team football infront of a couple of hundred people.
    But it's a good arguement pointing out that you benefit as a team when you play together.
    Not sure which is better, but since we have scrapped it we finished fourth and are now in the champions league.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat Sep 25 2010, 01:00

Yes take your very valid point but it was just a thought that with so many games a back up of players used to playing together in the Spurs way may be benificial.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Sep 25 2010, 05:04

seebee I agree with you, and from what I can remember we did very well in the reserves. Do you remember back in the late 50s and into the 60s the first game at White Hart Lane was between the Blue's and White's, I think the Whites were the regular first team, Blanchflower & Co and the Blues were the reserve's. I went along to these games, they were ok but not very physical which was understandable, nobody wanted to injure a team mate. I wonder when these games stopped?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content