The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Spurs start to the season. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Spurs start to the season. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Spurs start to the season. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Spurs start to the season. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Spurs start to the season. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Spurs start to the season. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Spurs start to the season. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Spurs start to the season. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Spurs start to the season. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Spurs start to the season. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Spurs start to the season.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Spurs start to the season. Empty Spurs start to the season.

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 28 2010, 00:04

September 27th 2010 by Ben McAleer Apologies, first of all, for another Spurs related post. However, their poor start to the season is something I can’t turn a blind too, being a Spurs fan and all.Admittedly, it wasn’t as bad as the 08/09 season when we had 2 points after 8 games yet, for a team hoping to become a solid top 4 outfit, things aren’t looking ideal at the moment.A massive contributing factor to this has to be the current injury crisis facing Tottenham. Gallas has since become the latest defensive casualty joining Dawson and Kaboul along with frequent visitors King and Woodgate in the physio room coupled with Gomes and Defoe playing their trade in there at the moment, it isn’t a position I was hoping to find Spurs in so early into the new season. The 4-1 defeat to Arsenal on Tuesday night was swiftly followed by a 1-0 defeat to a West Ham team that took full advantage of a weakened Tottenham team and kudos to them for doing so.However, to be hitting the crisis button now would be a mistake of immense proportion. Spurs are in a bad run of form to put it bluntly. The North London outfit have the players to make things right as was proved when Redknapp took over in October 2008 and make it right they will. A positive result on Wednesday night against FC Twente will give confidence back to the players ahead of the visit of Aston Villa at the weekend. Personally, I have no idea on the outcome of Wednesday’s fixture and I don’t care how it’s done as long as Spurs win with Redknapp today stating he will go on the offense against FC Twente simply because he has 2 centre backs to pick from – Bassong and Corluka. Yes, Huddlestone can fill in at CB if need be yet, to take him out of Midfield would be a bad move by Redknapp as much as I dislike Corluka at CB.Sticking with Redknapp briefly, he today claimed he would like to mirror the style of Arsenal’s play by purchasing more ‘flair’ players instead of defenders when he is given the opportunity either in January or in the summer transfer window. There are 2 mistakes with Redknapp’s statement here. 1) What Wenger has done with Arsenal has taken over 10 years to accomplish whilst, with Capello leaving his post as England manager in 2012 and with Redknapp the favourite to succeed him, I can’t see how he would accomplish this feat in just over 18 months. 2) Preferring to buy ‘flair’ players ahead of a much needed world class CB is criminal especially as we are facing a minor defensive crisis. With Woodgate on the verge of retiring and King with his long standing knee problems, another CB and a new striker should be taking priority in January. Granted, South African CB Bongani Khumalo (Mbulelo Mabizlea MK: II perhaps?) is set to join in January but he doesn’t strike me as a world class CB. For all I know, I could be proved wrong and I hope I am yet, I cannot see that being the case.All in all, I am praying for a win against FC Twente on Wednesday night in Spurs’ first ever, proper, Champions League fixture at White Hart Lane not just for the sake of the Champions League but to give Tottenham confidence ahead of the visit from Aston Villa over the weekend to gain all 3 points and propel the North London outfit back up the league.

Spurs start to the season. Empty Re: Spurs start to the season.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 01:38

Good article baz ! have a rep......
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 28 2010, 01:55

Cheers Lew.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 02:01

its a good read baz.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 11:28