The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Manager Lought ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Manager Lought ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Manager Lought ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Manager Lought ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Manager Lought ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Manager Lought ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Manager Lought ! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Manager Lought ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Manager Lought ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Manager Lought ! - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
LOBO
totalytot
HotspurRoper
ArnieArdiles
8 posters

Manager Lought !

djfitzo
    International
    International

Manager Lought ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Manager Lought !

Post by djfitzo Wed Sep 29 2010, 19:41

SuneJim wrote:
    Right if it's true about all the defencive absentee's & Gomes being back i'd go for,,,,,,,,

Gomes
    Corluka Huddlestone Bassong Assou-Ekotto
    Sandro Palacios
    VD Vaart Modric Bale
    Pavlyuchenko

Sub's, Cudicini Hutton Jenas Lennon
    Dos Santos Keane Crouch

I'd prefer Huddlestone as a CB than Corluka just on sheer ability. Then i'd add the protection of Sandro & Palacios for the back 4, leaving the front four to cause havoc up front with skill, pace & trickery.

As for the Lennon debate i'm sticking to my being made the scapegoat for England's first two games in WC by being the only one dropped playing with his head, theory. It's definitely mental with that boy.

Sandros not registered for cl Jim

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 20:30

YID FROM DAV wrote:so u are saying that lennons drop of form is due to us giving the ball to bale more, and u get all this information off live 5 on a saturday afternoon.

No mate ! its a collection of seeing the evidence for myself, the quote from radio 5 was used to back up my statement of what i have seen for myself.

Dont take my word for it ! anyone reading this thread should watch for themselves and make up their own mind.

You are entitled to your view that lennons fitness is at question and that his private life is affecting his game, but mine is that he simply isnt get the service he used to because of bales fantastic form, but as i have already said surely it makes sense to bring both wingers into the game to attack both opposing full backs.

At the moment bale is getting two markers on him because all our creative play is involving him, snuff him out the game and half the job is done for opposing teams, use both wingers and it poses problems for those teams using two markers on bale.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 20:38

MAXIMUS wrote:Redknapp has warned that Lennon must develop his game and used the example of the intelligence of some of his Tottenham team-mates.

Redknapp told The Sun, "Aaron's not playing like he did last year, that's for sure.

"Before he got the injury he was absolutely flying.

"He has to learn to come off the line, pop up in little holes like Luka Modric does or like Rafael Van der Vaart can do and maybe add that to his game. He doesn't always have to stay wide.

"One game can turn it for him but he needs a bit of confidence."

"We have to work with him and get him going again. That's what we get paid to do as coaches, to work with him, to find the key to getting him on the ball more.

"When someone has that talent you have to find a way to work with him, get his confidence back and get him playing well."

Redknapp also said that he is confident that under his guidance, Lennon’s game can develop just like it did with fellow Tottenham star Gareth Bale .

Redknapp continued, "We worked hard with Gareth on his game and look at him now. Too many times, people sign players and say: 'He can't do this and he can't do that'.

"Well, clever coaches will get the best out of them and improve them. If something's not happening, help them with their problem. You can't just write them off."

http://www.imscouting.com

Another fine quote max ! dunno what we would do on here without your contribution and you have to be up for the best poster award when it comes round again ! i would certainly vote for you.

Yeah i go along with that ! my view of service starvation isnt set in concrete, harry is better placed to know his players, and he is more qualified to know the answer than myself.

My view is from seeing games lennon and bale have been involved in together, and then from comments off the radio 5 during coverage of a spurs game, i will stick by my view unless i see otherwise.

Great info max.have a rep. Very Happy
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Sep 30 2010, 01:44

djfitzo wrote:

Sandros not registered for cl Jim

Well that puts a big fly in the oinment of this budding young (lol) Manager. Change with Jenas then. Didn't know that i must admit.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30 2010, 02:06

lew if theres 2 men on bale then it should give lennon more space. lennon been bad since hes injury. everyone can see that he gets the ball a lot then passes back or sideways.

and whayt about the games bale hasnt played or has played left back. lennon still not looked good.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Thu Sep 30 2010, 02:58

i agree with that loughtonlegend, the injury was the start of his problems followed by the way cappello dealt with him. i love lennon and was hoping he would kick on this season, but he has gone backwards or sideways maybe a better word, at the start of last season when huddlestone got it in middle of park, he would always look up and lennon would be running in behind the left back, huddlestone would drop it in the hole and lennon would get there nearly every time, now he dont make the runs or not as much as he was, harry needs to work with lennon and get him doing what hes best at and using his electryfying pace, because if he dont he may as well not be playing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 00:46