The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
 Sheikh to buy spurs EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
 Sheikh to buy spurs EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
 Sheikh to buy spurs EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
 Sheikh to buy spurs EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
 Sheikh to buy spurs EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
 Sheikh to buy spurs EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
 Sheikh to buy spurs EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
 Sheikh to buy spurs EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
 Sheikh to buy spurs EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Sheikh to buy spurs Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
DJSR
LOBO
6 posters

Sheikh to buy spurs

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Sheikh to buy spurs Empty Sheikh to buy spurs

Post by LOBO Tue Sep 28 2010, 18:27

Wouldnt it be great, still for now we will have to make do with reality, and we really can't complain the club is in a good healthy finacial posistion .

For years now spurs have always done everything on the cheap even down to the wage cap or structure at the club, we won't pay these big wage demand yet we all expect the best players to join , looking at citeh you have to question why is it they can buy these world super stars when they aint even in the CL , answer money " wages " the players are doing it for the money so bang goes the theory they dont play for money they play for the love of the game yeah righto !!

seriously do we really think we can compete long term with clubs like Chelski & Mancity in the transfer market ? NO i dont think so, in this modern game its winner takes all or who has the biggest cheque book at hand , in a couple of years it will be all about chelski & city i think with the old gaurd at UTD getting old you will see there slow demise and the new or established order taking over simply because they have money to do so

And now we have this injury crisis at Spurs, we have a few players that can fill in but we dont have the quality to fill in, how much did we spend in the summer window ? ok peanuts to be fair we got everyuthing on the cheap even VDV was a good cheap as chips deal , but now we're facing a mounting injury list, why didnt we go out and buy these players in the summer, why because we couldnt afford the wage demands so we end up short this is the bottom dollar no two ways about it, ok from less skeptical view you could say well we're top 4 we have a wonderful squad , but in reality we only added 2 midfielders and one crooked defender, its the story of my life as a spurs fan.

If spurs want to seriously compete with these clubs we have to be on the same level, and that means selling the club to people who have the money to compete, for so long now thius club has struggled and underachieved , now we have the chance of a life time , we need to grasp this moment and start bringing in the players world class players to keep us top four and stop kidding ourself that we are better than we really are, if we wont spend how can we compete?

now that the stadium has more less been given the green light surely this woould be a great club for some oil rich Sheikh to buy, finacially sound no debt , it would be good business from levys point of view and it would be a fitting legacy to leave behind .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Sheikh to buy spurs Empty Re: Sheikh to buy spurs

Post by DJSR Tue Sep 28 2010, 20:12

Maybe your right Lob's and i dont think Levy would spend big or increase the wage's demanded by the so called better players like you mentioned. But we also have to take into consideration the new law's being implemented by Platini. I think those new law's will have a major effect on the clubs such as Chelski & Citeh. So what i'm saying is, if Spurs were to sell the club to a rich oil tycoon, would it make that much difference once the new law's come in? If they are to compete with the likes of Chelski/Citeh, they would need to sell the club before Platini's rules are introduced. I cant see it happening, platini's new policies will put the buyer's off, thats his incentive.

But like i've mentioned in other posts, the Spurs scouts know what they are doing, they have brought in quality over the years, with the likes of Berbatov, Bale, Modric & now VDV. But to compete with the top 4, we need more of those kind of signings and quick, this is our chance to cement our name as a top 4 side, otherwise the chance could slip very quickly and that could happen at the end of this season if we dont finish top 4.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Sep 28 2010, 21:20

I can't see how on earth we can compete with citeh, come january they will yet again add more quality, if they have injured players they will just go out and buy replacements, spurs will be looking to snap up a barging striker from somewhere which probably wont be done until the last day of the window, remember Resiack we never learned from that and again this season it nearly happened again , well in many ways it did cos we got a VDV when we really needed a class striker and all i read about was the wage demands was delaying the signing, why sign for us when they can get 3 times as much elsewhere unfair yes but reality until platini rules come into effect i think we're on borrowed time unfortunately
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Sep 28 2010, 21:27

Its these oil tycoons who are ruining football. Lets hope Platini sorts it out. But, from what i have heard, many football fans are against his policies.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 23:16

Oh dear turn the club into a tycoons plaything ? Down this road lies madness ! DJ makes the point about the new finacial fair play rules that will come into force & this will have to be taken into consideration. Ok you look at Chelski & Citeh, and no we can't compete with them but neither can anyone else ! And as nice a pipe-dream as it may be for a RICH owner to come in, who love's Spurs and would throw money at everything, for every Chelski & Citeh you have to look at the reality of Liverpool & Man Ure (possibly Villa as well). Sometimes a quick fix is not what is needed but a long term plan for the future, which in all fairness Levy seems to working to . . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 28 2010, 23:54

Stick with Levy. He has done us proud so far.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 00:11

BazSpur wrote:Stick with Levy. He has done us proud so far.

Im with you BAZ!!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Sep 29 2010, 00:36

VisionarySound wrote:Oh dear turn the club into a tycoons plaything ? Down this road lies madness ! DJ makes the point about the new finacial fair play rules that will come into force & this will have to be taken into consideration. Ok you look at Chelski & Citeh, and no we can't compete with them but neither can anyone else ! And as nice a pipe-dream as it may be for a RICH owner to come in, who love's Spurs and would throw money at everything, for every Chelski & Citeh you have to look at the reality of Liverpool & Man Ure (possibly Villa as well). Sometimes a quick fix is not what is needed but a long term plan for the future, which in all fairness Levy seems to working to . . . . . . . .

Im not saying the club is in finacial ruin im saying if we don't make top 4 this season we realy cant complain given the fact we alway dilly dally in the transfer market, if were short in numbers then we should act quicker in the market not sit and wait for a bargin to come along, levy has done very well for us but why do we always fail when it comes to transfers.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 02:37

Repped vis ! to get a shiek owner would turn us into a cash cow for all those mercenaries out there.

Who couldnt give a sh*t about the club and its traditions, just the wages in their pockets.......
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Sep 29 2010, 07:17

Have a rep point for the post. I take your point, but i cant see Levy selling up. Levy is a Buisness man at heart, and feel that he is enjoying doing things his way and to a point has been sucssesful in doing so. There is no guarentee of sucsses even if we have an oil rich arab come in. There are for me a few realities, and they are, that not all teams in the worl or the prem can have incredibly wealthy backers. If they did have we would all be back to square one, a level playing field so to speak. The other point as i see it is this, if all the teams had wealthy backers, there are only so many class players up for grabs, simply not enought o go round.

If we look at clubs like, leeds! Pool, Man ure and to a degree Newcastle, Portsmouth. All have had the Money men come in and all have Money Problems. With the exception of, Chelsea and Citeh.

Under Levy we are a well run club in profit with a new stadium on the way with out the help of an oill rich sheihk.

Your question of how will we get to stay as a top 4 club with out the money. The answer is we may not. But we are in good company. We have made it to top 4 without the Money so far. I would rather, stay in the prem and Battle it out every week instead of Gamble the Club to some rich Play Boy.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 29 2010, 08:12

As I have said before. We will bring in more money once we have a bigger stadium in place. That is at the forefront of Levy's plans for the future.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Sep 29 2010, 12:03

It always seems to be the same old diatribe when we suffer a setback at this club, the players aren't good enough, the manager's not good enough, the policies aren't good enough, blah, blah, blah.

The one area, as I see it, where we didn't get it right, in the closed season, is in the striker department. I've been saying for Months that we are weak in this area and this has never been more apparent than now. What I will say, though, is that the management team has acted in the best interests of the club and not bowed to pressure to spend silly and get in a striker for stupid money and ridiculous wages.

What some don't seem to realise is the knock on effect that will have with the rest of the squad. We bring in a new player, pay him anywhere between 20 and 50 grand more than the rest and suddenly we have a squad full of players wanting, no demanding, parity.

Bang goes any team spirit and bang goes all our financial stability. All because of a ropey start and the resultant panic.

We are currently in the midst of an injury crisi in defence. Now this had sweet FA to do with us not strengthening as we currently have 4 top drawer Ch's sidelined along with our first choice Left back. Now I see some complaints on here that we should have strengthened but I have a few questions for you guys;

1) Who was available that could improve on what we had? I only saw one and we got him, feel free to name me the others.
    2) If any were available, why would they want to come to us when, at the time, we had ALL of our CH's fit, apart from Woody.
    3) Why would we want to get more when, after bringing in Billy, we had King, Dawson, Gallas, Kaboul and Bassong available with both Charlie and Thudd able to slot in if required?

Considering the above, I can just see the reaction of the faithful had we splurged on another CH ............. 'What the Hell are we spending for? Harry you've lost the plot spending for spending's sake.'

We've had our issues in midfield too. The end of last season was special because we'd found a superb, if unlikely, pairing in Thudd and Moddle. Against Citeh they started off on fire and ran the show, despite being outmanned in midfield. Lennon has blown cold more than hot and WP is a shadow of the player pre his brothers murder. Now I think we've made 2 superb buys in Sandro and VDV. VDV in particular because we have a World Class player who wants to play Football. If it was the wages he was interested in he'd have stayed at Real. We got rather excited about getting a midfielder of his quality in and that was at the end of the window. What that tells me is that there wasn't really anyone else available of better quality than what we have.

The striker department is where we are really suffering though. Lack of goals has cost us all those points, not a leaky defence. I agree with Lobo that we need that Drogba type striker who will score regularly with droughts few and very far between. All the strikers we currently have, barring Defoe, are 2nd strikers, back up strikers if you will. None are capable of leading a line.

Now I don't blame Spurs for not getting one in and I certainly don't blame the manager, he's Harry Redknapp not bloody Harry Potter! He can't wave a wand, shout STRIKORDIUS!! and miraculously produce a 30+ goal wonder, not for the money we are restricted to anyway. He needs to find a young gem or get lucky with an Henry type, out of favour and desperate for a move.

We're Spurs though ............... We don't get that kind of luck.

So bite your lip guys. There are those hitting the panic button straight away, mostly because we lost to the goons. In all honesty I really didn't give a toss about that, I was far more upset about the loss to the Spam as that was league, I couldn't give a toss about the CC as I've maintained it should be a training ground for our fringe and youth for a long while now. So we lost to the goons, we spent over 10 years doing that so it's not so unusual and getting revenge in the league will be so much sweeter.

Get a grip please. We are a far better team than some of you are giving us credit for and are currently seriously underachieving. That's the crux of it there, we're underachieving, we didn't overachieve last year at all so we know we're good enough to mix it with the best. All you people saying we need 6 World Class players to contend need to take a good, long, hot shower and get your brains working again.

A) Name them.
    B) Identify that they are for sale.
    C) Show ME that they'd want to come let alone themselves.
    D) Let me know how we'll outbid richer clubs, particularly Citeh, who are currently building a shitload of glass cases so that they can display all the players they've bought but have no intention of playing.
    E) Show me the money.

We're once more with the Jol scenario. A terrific season giving us a taste of European competition, followed by an injury ravaged start to the following campaign, riddled with indifferent results, that has the usual suspects baying for the managers blood. The similarities are frightening, as are the displayed inabilities of the few to learn from previous errors.

If you're going to criticise then make it constructive. There's nothing worse than a whinging tart who whines for the sake of it. Whinging Poms the Aussies would call it and they'd be right on the money here.

Well I've enjoyed my little rant, not that I think it makes any difference because I've done it before and it mattered not then. I'll be intersted to see if any have learned from previous lessons, I seriously doubt it based on the last few days posts, but I'm ever the optimist.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 17:46

Ion ! great post and speaking for myself you are preaching to the converted, but the worrying side of all the harry debate is that we once again go down that road to outing another manager and starting again.

Some have actually stated (seems like they meant hopefully) levy will sack harry or he will walk if things dont improve ? i mean six games into the season ! What the fck? its just crazy.

Harry hasnt become a bad manager overnight but the anti harry posters dont seem to take on board the injuries we have at the moment, and counteract that by saying we have a large quality squad, it shouldnt affect results, and while thats true, its simple fact that harry has a preferred eleven, and from that preferred eleven many are missing so he has to play players that are usually on the bench, and why are they on the bench ? because harry has more faith in someone else to start a game.

You wont stop human nature ion ! ie - i want something and i want it now, and if i cant get it then fck off i will get from someone else, in other words lets move on to the next manager and the next set of players, and it wont be the last time it happens at tottenham hotspur football club.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Sep 30 2010, 04:21

Ionman wrote: It always seems to be the same old diatribe when we suffer a setback at this club, the players aren't good enough, the manager's not good enough, the policies aren't good enough, blah, blah, blah. ........full post

Sheikh to buy spurs 940866  Sheikh to buy spurs 268750  Sheikh to buy spurs 24840
    post Ion ...Rep points for a top rant mate lol

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30 2010, 04:32

and I certainly don't blame the manager, he's Harry Redknapp not bloody Harry Potter!

Absolute class Ion. Rep . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 30 2010, 04:47

He can't wave a wand, shout STRIKORDIUS!!

Brilliant. Rep point from me too.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Sep 30 2010, 07:29

ionman34 wrote:It always seems to be the same old diatribe when we suffer a setback at this club, the players aren't good enough, the manager's not good enough, the policies aren't good enough, blah, blah, blah.

The one area, as I see it, where we didn't get it right, in the closed season, is in the striker department. I've been saying for Months that we are weak in this area and this has never been more apparent than now. What I will say, though, is that the management team has acted in the best interests of the club and not bowed to pressure to spend silly and get in a striker for stupid money and ridiculous wages.

What some don't seem to realise is the knock on effect that will have with the rest of the squad. We bring in a new player, pay him anywhere between 20 and 50 grand more than the rest and suddenly we have a squad full of players wanting, no demanding, parity.

Bang goes any team spirit and bang goes all our financial stability. All because of a ropey start and the resultant panic.

We are currently in the midst of an injury crisi in defence. Now this had sweet FA to do with us not strengthening as we currently have 4 top drawer Ch's sidelined along with our first choice Left back. Now I see some complaints on here that we should have strengthened but I have a few questions for you guys;

1) Who was available that could improve on what we had? I only saw one and we got him, feel free to name me the others.
    2) If any were available, why would they want to come to us when, at the time, we had ALL of our CH's fit, apart from Woody.
    3) Why would we want to get more when, after bringing in Billy, we had King, Dawson, Gallas, Kaboul and Bassong available with both Charlie and Thudd able to slot in if required?

Considering the above, I can just see the reaction of the faithful had we splurged on another CH ............. 'What the Hell are we spending for? Harry you've lost the plot spending for spending's sake.'

We've had our issues in midfield too. The end of last season was special because we'd found a superb, if unlikely, pairing in Thudd and Moddle. Against Citeh they started off on fire and ran the show, despite being outmanned in midfield. Lennon has blown cold more than hot and WP is a shadow of the player pre his brothers murder. Now I think we've made 2 superb buys in Sandro and VDV. VDV in particular because we have a World Class player who wants to play Football. If it was the wages he was interested in he'd have stayed at Real. We got rather excited about getting a midfielder of his quality in and that was at the end of the window. What that tells me is that there wasn't really anyone else available of better quality than what we have.

The striker department is where we are really suffering though. Lack of goals has cost us all those points, not a leaky defence. I agree with Lobo that we need that Drogba type striker who will score regularly with droughts few and very far between. All the strikers we currently have, barring Defoe, are 2nd strikers, back up strikers if you will. None are capable of leading a line.

Now I don't blame Spurs for not getting one in and I certainly don't blame the manager, he's Harry Redknapp not bloody Harry Potter! He can't wave a wand, shout STRIKORDIUS!! and miraculously produce a 30+ goal wonder, not for the money we are restricted to anyway. He needs to find a young gem or get lucky with an Henry type, out of favour and desperate for a move.

So bite your lip guys. There are those hitting the panic button straight away, mostly because we lost to the goons. In all honesty I really didn't give a toss about that, I was far more upset about the loss to the Spam as that was league, I couldn't give a toss about the CC as I've maintained it should be a training ground for our fringe and youth for a long while now. So we lost to the goons, we spent over 10 years doing that so it's not so unusual and getting revenge in the league will be so much sweeter.

Get a grip please. We are a far better team than some of you are giving us credit for and are currently seriously underachieving. That's the crux of it there, we're underachieving, we didn't overachieve last year at all so we know we're good enough to mix it with the best. All you people saying we need 6 World Class players to contend need to take a good, long, hot shower and get your brains working again.

A) Name them.
    D) Let me know how we'll outbid richer clubs, particularly Citeh, who are currently building a shitload of glass cases so that they can display all the players they've bought but have no intention of playing.
    E) Show me the money.

We're once more with the Jol scenario. A terrific season giving us a taste of European competition, followed by an injury ravaged start to the following campaign, riddled with indifferent results, that has the usual suspects baying for the managers blood. The similarities are frightening, as are the displayed inabilities of the few to learn from previous errors.

If you're going to criticise then make it constructive. There's nothing worse than a whinging tart who whines for the sake of it. Whinging Poms the Aussies would call it and they'd be right on the money here.

Well I've enjoyed my little rant, not that I think it makes any difference because I've done it before and it mattered not then. I'll be intersted to see if any have learned from previous lessons, I seriously doubt it based on the last few days posts, but I'm ever the optimist.

So ion, you still not said, if you think we need a Sheihk to Buy the Club. lol
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Oct 01 2010, 09:05

cstmrsking wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:It always seems to be the same old diatribe when we suffer a setback at this club, the players aren't good enough, the manager's not good enough, the policies aren't good enough, blah, blah, blah.

A) Name them.
    E) Show me the money.

exactly when i have a rant its a load of bullshit and im as thick as 2 short planks , thats where the debate ends .
    lonman knowns as much about spurs as i do> nothing lol! to be exact

Its my opinion and im fcuking proud of it, now do i get a rep for my rant

answer no , cos i dont post in a lovely tainted blue  Sheikh to buy spurs 959550
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 01 2010, 09:13

There's a storm a brewin lol.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Oct 01 2010, 09:17

BazSpur wrote:There's a storm a brewin lol.

no not at all Baz just banter , i wont insult people though for having another view no matter how outragous ions is lol! .

i see " Bullshit " never made the banned words list then  Sheikh to buy spurs 348204
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 01 2010, 09:23

It has now. bullsh*t lol.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 01 2010, 23:42

LOBO wrote:
    cstmrsking wrote:

A) Name them.
    E) Show me the money.

exactly when i have a rant its a load of bullsh*t and im as thick as 2 short planks , thats where the debate ends .

answer no , cos i dont post in a lovely tainted blue  Sheikh to buy spurs 959550

Wow. So You are admitting that you are after Redknapps head then?

Now I never said you knew nothing about Spurs. Why you'd make such a dopey statement that I know nothing about them though is beyond me and really makes you look stupid. I don't need to call you thick as two short planks, and never have, but you seem to want to make a point of proving it.

It's Gods own truth that you need no help from me in that department.

I'm starting to wonder about your affiliations too. 'Tainted Blue?'

Surely the only 'Fan' who'd view Blue as 'tainted' would be one that wears Red?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02 2010, 00:26

Surely the only 'Fan' who'd view Blue as 'tainted' would be one that wears Red? chainsaw

lol!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 02 2010, 00:35

ionman34 wrote:
    LOBO wrote:
    cstmrsking wrote:

A) Name them.
    E) Show me the money.

exactly when i have a rant its a load of bullsh*t and im as thick as 2 short planks , thats where the debate ends .

Wow. So You are admitting that you are after Redknapps head then?

Now I never said you knew nothing about Spurs. Why you'd make such a dopey statement that I know nothing about them though is beyond me and really makes you look stupid. I don't need to call you thick as two short planks, and never have, but you seem to want to make a point of proving it.

It's Gods own truth that you need no help from me in that department.

I'm starting to wonder about your affiliations too. 'Tainted Blue?'

Surely the only 'Fan' who'd view Blue as 'tainted' would be one that wears Red?

its should read "tinted blue" it was late and dark it had been a long day

see now im dopey, i can't win can i , even a joke goes right over your head , you just see red lol!

just out of interest who was you calling thick as two short planks , i know it was only me and lought that were expressing our concerns about the recent results cant think of hand who else you was talking about lol  Sheikh to buy spurs 912733

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:59