The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
See-Saw EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
See-Saw EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
See-Saw EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
See-Saw EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
See-Saw EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
See-Saw EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
See-Saw EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
See-Saw EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
See-Saw EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

See-Saw Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
MarkA249
DJSR
6 posters

See-Saw

See-Saw Empty See-Saw

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30 2010, 08:54

Well people that was a real roller-coaster ride ! Goals, peneltys, red cards, elbows, fire & brimstone. We came up against a well organised & skillfull side who seemed well versed in the dark arts. Man did they ever enjoy moaning at the ref. Thought VDV was outstanding apart from getting his-self sent off for a totally unnessecary challenge. All 3 pens where on the fortuitous side but how many times in the past have we suffered similar (last Tuesday springs to mind) ? 1st half was a bit harum-scarum and disjointed. 2nd half much more composed. Moddle was subdued and the defence looked shaky at times but hey a 4-1 victory in the C/L is something worth savouring. Gomes didn't have much to do but, lol, still had a couple of flaps at balls he shouldn't have. Hutton looks as tho' he has nailed down the right back slot for the forseeable future. Ekkotto had a better game then I've seen of late (IMO). Always nice to have Deadly Ledley and his calming influence at the back and he marshelled Bassong well, and we even got to see probing forward runs from both of them. Thudd was quiet 1st half and very foolish with the 'flailing' arm but 2nd half was 100% improvred and started to control the midfield, Moddle very quiet. Bale, as ever, was full of running and guile and as ever gave his all and a magnificent performence. VDV awesome except the daft mid air challenge where he had no need to but I suppose that shows commitment to the cause, but still bloody daft and we will miss him at the San Siro. Not too much from Crouchinio but won a pen & nodded down for VDV wonder goal. Same for Pavy except his 2 measured penelties. Jay-Narse came on and done what he had to do in midfield when it was needed. Lennon didn't see enough of the ball to make an impact and Keane managed to find time to flap his arms about. Enjoy it people it's a win, 3 points in the C/L and however they come the victorys are to be celebrated . . . . . .
    (ps; liked the look of the Twente 19, Douglas. Reckon he would fit in well at Spurs)
    . . . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

See-Saw Empty Re: See-Saw

Post by DJSR Thu Sep 30 2010, 21:05

Good assessment Vis, agree with that mate. I was most impressed with Hutton, looking him old self again, determined and commited to the cause, good on him.

I liked the look of that number 10. Bryan. Looks a skillfull player with a very bright future! One too look out for Harry!!!
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Sep 30 2010, 21:24

Yes Hutton looks like the player we got for 9 Million he started off like that but went down hill but as Arry has said he just needs to work on his defensive side of the game which is what hes trying to do by the looks of it VDV quality but off his rocker lol. Modders was quite but when VDV went off he came alive a bit think everyone knew how important it was Pav started running around like he had been told u can have a freebie with Crouch's Tart
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Sep 30 2010, 22:05

MarkA249 wrote:Yes Hutton looks like the player we got for 9 Million he started off like that but went down hill but as Arry has said he just needs to work on his defensive side of the game which is what hes trying to do by the looks of it VDV quality but off his rocker lol. Modders was quite but when VDV went off he came alive a bit think everyone knew how important it was Pav started running around like he had been told u can have a freebie with Crouch's Tart

Was at the game Mark and Pav did a lot a running off the ball all game. Like the penalties, if you give him a chance anywhere in the 18 yeard area, he will score, so we need more balls in the box from both sides, now Huttons back on form, we should see that.

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Fri Oct 01 2010, 01:43

Agree with you Dave, Pav was dragging their defenders all over the place throughout the match. Made a lot of space for others. Two completely different penalties one driven one chipped both sending the keeper the wrong way. On Modric he seemed quiete but I wonder whether that was because VDV was involved in just about everything and Modders finds it harder to run the game when he is trying to do the same thing. Also think one of Twente more obvious tactics was to wind VDV up and they succeeded.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Oct 01 2010, 20:19

seebee1944 wrote:

Agree with you Dave, Pav was dragging their defenders all over the place throughout the match. Made a lot of space for others. Two completely different penalties one driven one chipped both sending the keeper the wrong way. On Modric he seemed quiete but I wonder whether that was because VDV was involved in just about everything and Modders finds it harder to run the game when he is trying to do the same thing. Also think one of Twente more obvious tactics was to wind VDV up and they succeeded.

Again, Modders did a lot of unselfish work in the middle , especially when we went down to 10 men. Came looking for the ball, retaining possession was crucial and in this and many games you really see Modric give the ball away. I know its slightly off thread,
    but you have to give Harry credit this time for his substitutions, Jenas came on and made sure that we didnt get overrun in midfield and to occupy their left back with Lennon was tactically astute, had no option with bringing Keane on, as Pav was knackered by then and in Keanes little cameo role, once again proved that we have to offload in Jan and get another striker in.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01 2010, 20:31

Not off thread at all Dave as the post is about the whole game & the team in general. Agree with you about the use of subs . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Oct 02 2010, 00:09

I know Modric was playing in a deep role role but why Alan Smith and the sky commentator kept going on that he were out of the game ? I thought he was fantastic , one of his best games for us , so assured and at times for me it really did look like we had Johan Cruyff out there! ... Modric is like our own Iniesta , Xavi ...

The game itself ...you've all said it ...With three penalties and a sending off and Ive never seen so much shirt pulling by one team ( We were just to fast for them in to many positions ), it were highly controversial and full of drama ( TV should bin the other 3 english bores , Spurs is where its at ) ..... One thing is certain whether FC Twente need the points or not in the final group match, they are gonna go for our throats , their players have said us much in TV interviews as they really feel hard done by ....
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 02 2010, 00:41

ArnieArdiles wrote: I know Modric was playing in a deep role role but why Alan Smith and the sky commentator kept going on that he were out of the game ? I thought he was fantastic , one of his best games for us , so assured and at times for me it really did look like we had Johan Cruyff out there! ... Modric is like our own Iniesta , Xavi ...

The game itself ...you've all said it ...With three penalties and a sending off and Ive never seen so much shirt pulling by one team ( We were just to fast for them in to many positions ), it were highly controversial and full of drama ( TV should bin the other 3 english bores , Spurs is where its at ) ..... One thing is certain whether FC Twente need the points or not in the final group match, they are gonna go for our throats , their players have said us much in TV interviews as they really feel hard done by ....

possible statment

a/ deep hole role ?
    b/ deep role hole
    c/ deep role with a hole

sorry arnie its friday lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Oct 02 2010, 00:47

opps ...well spotted Lobo ..... I must be See-Saw 180436