The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
we MUST drop Crouchinho EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
we MUST drop Crouchinho EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
we MUST drop Crouchinho EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
we MUST drop Crouchinho EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
we MUST drop Crouchinho EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
we MUST drop Crouchinho EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
we MUST drop Crouchinho EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
we MUST drop Crouchinho EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
we MUST drop Crouchinho EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

we MUST drop Crouchinho Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

we MUST drop Crouchinho

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

we MUST drop Crouchinho Empty we MUST drop Crouchinho

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 30 2010, 20:31

I do believe we need to drop crouch, after he went of lastnight we finally got the ball down and played some really decent stuff on the ground " yes the ground " just like chelsea arsenal & utd do , play it on the gorund , you know that green stuff called " GRASS " lol! .~

When crouch is on the field we have no creativity upfront simply because the long ball to crouch is being played time & time again , now i dont want to upset the spurs can't do anything wrong amongst you by having a dig @ crouchinho , but i seriously think he is why we're not scoring atm

Problem Redkanpp wont start pav & keane togeather , come saturday crouch will no doubt start and the long ball will be god

Last edited by LOBO on Sat Oct 02 2010, 01:47; edited 1 time in total

we MUST drop Crouchinho Empty Re: we MUST drop Crouchinho

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01 2010, 00:45

Actually quite agree with some of that Lobo. As much as I admire Crouchinio's work ethic & team ethos the rest of the side do seem to reley on the long, high ball to him. Not his fault as he dosen't supply crosses to him-self ! Also I feel he is better recieving the ball on the deck than in the air, he holds it up better and brings others into play. As a partnership him & Pavy don't seem to work but I also think Keane may not be the answer, but the only way to find out is to play him & Pavy . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01 2010, 01:17

yes at last. how many crosses and corners have we put in lately. crouch not on the end of 1 of them. did u see him run lol he cant run or shoot lol. pav was so much better when he was on hes own

crouch is def worth a place on the bench and he works hard for the team
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri Oct 01 2010, 01:27

I agree that Crouch doesnt perform consistantly enough, although he does work hard. But we tried Pav up front on his own before, and he couldnt cope by himself.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Oct 01 2010, 01:39

VisionarySound wrote:Also I feel he is better recieving the ball on the deck than in the air, he holds it up better and brings others into play

yea agree he does , but playing the longball we just play certain players out the game, i was screaming at the telly lastnight for someone to get the ball on the floor and get a decent passing game going eventually we did simply because we had no choice after crouch was subbed, RedKnapp i think finally saw that and took crouch of to his dismay , and the shackles were of it felt , maybe we should field 10 from now on lol we do play better

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01 2010, 01:43

lobo harry was about to take pav off. then he scores the pen and was on a hat trick so he changed the sub and took rodney off.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Fri Oct 01 2010, 05:14

Les Ferdinand was better at heading than Crouch, and he was half the size.
    I agree with Vis he's much more a technical player than a target man.

I went to Southampton v's spurs a whie back, and crouch and Harry were the oposition that day. Southampton won and crouch was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. All there football was on the floor that day, and crouch got motm.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Oct 02 2010, 01:43

LOL. In view of our new found understanding Lobo, I'll let the sarcasm go as part of your earlier 'pique'.

I also agree with you and would back up Vis's comment that it's not Crouch but the mentality of the other players. Seeing a tall bloke seems to affect their ability to keep their head over the ball when they pass it. It must be the looking upwards at the 6'7" has them leaning back every time they kick a ball in his direction.

It's no secret that I like Crouch a lot and feel he's far more skilled than given credit for. Be that as it may, his presence does bring out the worst in our passing game, kills it stone dead actually when I feel, I know, that he would enhance it.

I think it's too much of an easy option for the other players though ............ 'What do I do? Ummm, ummm, I know, I'll knock it long to Crouchy.'

It's lazy really and the poor bloke cops so much flack for it.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 02 2010, 01:53

ionman34 wrote:
    LOL. In view of our new found understanding Lobo, I'll let the sarcasm go as part of your earlier 'pique'.

I also agree with you and would back up Vis's comment that it's not Crouch but the mentality of the other players. Seeing a tall bloke seems to affect their ability to keep their head over the ball when they pass it. It must be the looking upwards at the 6'7" has them leaning back every time they kick a ball in his direction.

It's no secret that I like Crouch a lot and feel he's far more skilled than given credit for. Be that as it may, his presence does bring out the worst in our passing game, kills it stone dead actually when I feel, I know, that he would enhance it.

I think it's too much of an easy option for the other players though ............ 'What do I do? Ummm, ummm, I know, I'll knock it long to Crouchy.'

Yea i see your point and a good point to, its not his fault and its true he does get a lot of stick, i think crouch is a problem that needs to be resolved, do we play a different style nope

answer is we need Defoe back, crouch without Defoe is like Starsky without Hutch , the two have a good understanding that actually works really well.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Oct 02 2010, 02:23

LOBO wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

Yea i see your point and a good point to, its not his fault and its true he does get a lot of stick, i think crouch is a problem that needs to be resolved, do we play a different style nope

answer is we need Defoe back, crouch without Defoe is like Starsky without Hutch , the two have a good understanding that actually works really well.

Funnily enough, if you look back at when the two were on together, Crouch did actually see a lot more balls to feet and had the knack of bringing Lennon into the play as well. I think it had a lot to do with Defoe's movement. Defoe plays right across the back 4, not through the long ball channels meaning that a Crouch flick on would be a waste of time because, more often than not, Defoe wouldn't be in the position to run off a flick, it's not part of his game.

Crouch has cracking vision and helped with making Lennon look great as the ball was coming square to him, preventing the defence from double teaming him as he would be receiving the ball higher up the pitch rather than having to carry it at the fullback from relatively deep, Crouch also used to lay off the balls that put Lennon in for shooting chances too.

Maybe this is one of the reasons Lennon hasn't looked the Superstar he did early doors last season.

Here's a thought, If the team suddenly start playing the ball into his feet and Lennon starts finding space then we'll KNOW that Harry is reading this board!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Oct 02 2010, 04:54

Here's a thought, If the team suddenly start playing the ball into his feet and Lennon starts finding space then we'll KNOW that Harry is reading this board!
    arkblue]]
    Just the thought of Mr Redknapp reading our board would have me creaming my pants lol.Maybe not but you know what I mean?
    [/size]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:41