The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Celebrities.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Celebrities.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Celebrities.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Celebrities.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Celebrities.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Celebrities.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Celebrities.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Celebrities.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Celebrities.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Celebrities.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Celebrities.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Celebrities.  Empty Celebrities.

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 03 2010, 07:22

On a Magic forum I go on they have famous Magicians come on every now and then to chat with posters. Wouldn't it be great if we could get Spurs footballers to come on here and talk to us. The first I would invite would be Gary Mabbut. Anyone know him? lol.

Celebrities.  Empty Re: Celebrities.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 07:46

isnt he the guy who nodded past ray clemence to give coventry a famouse cup shock win lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 03 2010, 08:02

That would be my first question Lought. Why? lol.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 08:19

my 1st would be why didnt you hit paul walsh back lol
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Oct 03 2010, 11:59

Baz, I used to go out with a girl, back when I had hair, who's family were close friends with the Mabbutts. I met him a few times socially and he was a lovely bloke who was very patient with a youngster who was a tad starstruck after meeting him for the first time.

My ex actually saved his life once, so she told me, when he'd gone into one of those Diabetic 'Coma's'.

I seriously doubt he'd ever remember me now though.

I don't know if he still owns it, but Chivers used to run the Brookmans Park Hotel where quite a few Spurs greats used to call in for a drink. Maybe someone can pop in and see if the great man would like to grace us with his presence?

Otherwise, maybe someone could twitter some of the players to pop in for a 'chin wag'?

Hang on .............. Harry's on here, he could get the lads to come and say hello surely?
    lol!

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 16:35

Years ago a mate of mine who is sadly dead now , worked in a village where jimmy greaves lived, he said jimmy greaves used to walk past where he was working to get the daily newspaper, he said jimmy was always up for a chat, but my mate being a non footie fan just used to banter with him using that famous old saint / greavsie phrase " its a funny old game " as far as i understood it jimmy just used to give him a little grin, probably heard it so many times before .

When i was a kid and the local team drew west ham in the cup the local newsagent alf mullish (spurs fan) long deceased now, reckoned martin peters and bobby moore came into his shop, this was before peters moved to spurs, i remember him saying that peters was a perfect gentleman, but bobby moore was full of his own importance.

Not putting down the memory of moore to anyone who might be offended, just telling the story word for word.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 03 2010, 20:43

The best way to get a star to come on here is via invite, most stars are contactable via twiiter , facebook , myspace , out of the three i'd say twitter would be the best bet
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 03 2010, 21:45

The only problem with Twitter and facebook etc is how do you know you have the real person.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 03 2010, 21:46

ang on .............. Harry's on here, he could get the lads to come and say hello surely? Celebrities.  348204
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 03 2010, 22:26

BazSpur wrote:The only problem with Twitter and facebook etc is how do you know you have the real person.

I think there is ways of finding out because a lot of TV personalities use twitter

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 23:01

Baz you could always be audacious and email the Club & people at it (Press office, public relations, secretary's, any players mails that are in the puclic domain etc) directley explaining what the forum is and that should anyone at the club like an instant 'straw-poll' of general opinions regarding Tottenham Hotspurs there is no better place to find this out, free of charge and with with some of the most pleasent people they could hope to meet . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 03 2010, 23:06

Well that's the thing isn't it Vis. If any of them want to come on here there will be no fee. How many do you think would do that? I am sure there is another forum somewhere that have had past stars on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:09