The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Is this mouthwatering or not ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Is this mouthwatering or not ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Is this mouthwatering or not ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Is this mouthwatering or not ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Is this mouthwatering or not ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Is this mouthwatering or not ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Is this mouthwatering or not ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Is this mouthwatering or not ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Is this mouthwatering or not ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Is this mouthwatering or not ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Is this mouthwatering or not !

Is this mouthwatering or not ! Empty Is this mouthwatering or not !

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 22:04

I ! like the rest of you see van the man as something of a player we have needed for years, and the way he has a go at goal i can see defoe benefitting from his style of play.

Defoe is just the type of player that will thrive off vdv,s constant goal threat to the opposition, a scoring midfielder rather than a supplier, rebounds and keepers only being able to block shots i can see feeding defoes predatory goal scoring nature.

I know things often look rosy when its thought of as theory but personally speaking defoe back from injury is something i am looking forward to.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Is this mouthwatering or not ! Empty Re: Is this mouthwatering or not !

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 03 2010, 22:07

I think you are right Lew. If Defoe can't feed off VDV then he can't feed off anyone. Defoe will be in 7th heaven working with VDV I reckon.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 03 2010, 22:19

lewspurs wrote:

I ! like the rest of you see van the man as something of a player we have needed for years, and the way he has a go at goal i can see defoe benefitting from his style of play.

Defoe is just the type of player that will thrive off vdv,s constant goal threat to the opposition, a scoring midfielder rather than a supplier, rebounds and keepers only being able to block shots i can see feeding defoes predatory goal scoring nature.

I know things often look rosy when its thought of as theory but personally speaking defoe back from injury is something i am looking forward to.

Totally agree lew , you make a good point , VDV is better than i though, after watching MOTD i thought Real Madrid must be crazy to let a player in his prime go, still there loss is our gain , when Defoe comes back i can seriously see us Challenging for second or third spot, because Defoe is the best Box preditor striker in the prem imo and no doubt he will score more now we have VDV on board, i can picture it now VDV hits a half volley Goal keeper spills it Defoe is in like a shot "Goal"

good post lew rept cheers

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 22:26

Thanks lobo ! as i said it looks good when you think about it, but i thought bale and lennon bombing down the right and left wing, switching play , attacking both full backs was a great thought too ! it hasnt quite happened like that but .........give it time ! lol!

Yes i can see defoe,s scoring rate going up because half the time the lad has to make his own chances up to now, with vdv around i can see a different defoe latching onto those vdv attempts.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 03 2010, 22:34

lewspurs wrote:

Thanks lobo ! as i said it looks good when you think about it, but i thought bale and lennon bombing down the right and left wing, switching play , attacking both full backs was a great thought too ! it hasnt quite happened like that but .........give it time ! lol!

Yes i can see defoe,s scoring rate going up because half the time the lad has to make his own chances up to now, with vdv around i can see a different defoe latching onto those vdv attempts.

I think wednesday was the turning point in our season, i know its only 6 games in but we really cant afford to let the rest get away from us, we have missed defoe bigtime and i think the team has struggled to find a replacement , VDV came in and its taken time for him to settle in and the team as a whole is learning to play togeather with so many injurys, our problem really isnt defence its going forward , we have so much attacking talent in our squad in theory we should be scoring more goals, and what a mouth watering prospect we have instore when Defoe comes back. with hindsight i suppose i could say well its better Defoe is out now because he can get himself sorted and after cristmas we will really need him , its been hard and the team have struggled to find a balance without Defoe in the squad.

Alan Hason lastnight , i quote " spurs team is as good as anyones in the prem, its exciting times at spurs "

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 22:40

Yeah i heard hansen say that too lobo !

What is heartening is that not too much damage has been done by the injuries, we have to hold onto the club that is in 4th place, not worry about the top team that has gone so many points clear of everyone else, and then lose hope because it looks unattainable !

Of course it would be great to challenge chelsea and man utd but although we are closer i dont think we are quite there yet.

Getting there though ! cheers

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 22:52

Will Defoe act as a new 'signing for us when he comes back ? Fresh & raring to go ? Who will 'arry pair him up with ? Probably Crouch but I would go Pavy. We will also see a change in midfield. I would look to 3 at the back, in home games at least, to allow this. I'm saying that all players are fit and back & I would go like this for home games . . ..

Gomes
    Gallas King Dawson
    Thudd
    Bale Modric Lennon
    VDV
    Pavy Defoe

And this for away games . . . ..

Gomes
    Ekotto King Dawson Hutton
    Bale Thud Jay-narse Modric
    VDV Crouch

Then you have the subs to play with. Defoe & Lennon coming on in away games with 30 or so minutes left ! Crouch at home if the bus is parked. Thats with the likes of Kranky, Sgt Wilson, Keane and many others who could give us tactical options thro' the course of a game or varying opposistion. When you look at the squad it's exciting days at The Lane . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04 2010, 01:56

your right lew defoe will feed of vdv.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 04 2010, 02:08

I bet he can't wait to get back.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04 2010, 03:14

VisionarySound wrote:Will Defoe act as a new 'signing for us when he comes back ? Fresh & raring to go ? Who will 'arry pair him up with ? Probably Crouch but I would go Pavy. We will also see a change in midfield. I would look to 3 at the back, in home games at least, to allow this. I'm saying that all players are fit and back & I would go like this for home games . . ..

Gomes
    Gallas King Dawson
    Thudd
    Bale Modric Lennon
    VDV
    Pavy Defoe

And this for away games . . . ..

Gomes
    Ekotto King Dawson Hutton
    Bale Thud Jay-narse Modric
    VDV Crouch

Then you have the subs to play with. Defoe & Lennon coming on in away games with 30 or so minutes left ! Crouch at home if the bus is parked. Thats with the likes of Kranky, Sgt Wilson, Keane and many others who could give us tactical options thro' the course of a game or varying opposistion. When you look at the squad it's exciting days at The Lane . . . . . .

Good team vis ! but worried about hutton away ? a little suspect i think, i dont even know if corluka is the answer, and harry doesnt think walker is ready.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04 2010, 03:34

Do y' know Lew I completely forgot Kaboul ! ! ! Strength in depth or what . . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Oct 04 2010, 04:24

Just worked out who jay-Narse is.I Thought he was some new summer signing that i missed, so i Googled the name Jay-Narse to Spurs. Nothing there. gutted
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 04 2010, 04:41

Don't forget your coat Kingy. Is this mouthwatering or not ! 103888 lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:45