The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Walker extended loan ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Walker extended loan ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Walker extended loan ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Walker extended loan ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Walker extended loan ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Walker extended loan ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Walker extended loan ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Walker extended loan ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Walker extended loan ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Walker extended loan ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Walker extended loan !

Walker extended loan ! Empty Walker extended loan !

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16 2010, 05:15

Now this would P*ss me off if walker goes the way of taarabt, very cheap to qpr.......yes its only an extended loan but thats what happened to loughts adel last season, and then ! well we know the rest........

Ok i didnt rate adel but thats old news and lought and me have argued the toss about it but walker is (imho) better than what we have at right back at the moment, and it really does seem that harry is slow to give our youngsters a chance, remember bale only got his moment when ekotto was injured.

Deju vu lought ? and any vids on kyle walker and a fix you background !?
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Walker extended loan ! Empty Re: Walker extended loan !

Post by YID FROM DAV Sat Oct 16 2010, 19:52

warnock is playing these kids and getting the best out of them. tarrabt was a big mistake and so is extending walkers loan period. we have a long hard season ahead and these lads will be needed. walker imo is our best right back and is ready now. sending all these lads out on loan aint good when it leaves u short. rose,bostock,naughton,walker and others are on loan now and harry needs to be straight with us about them. are they good enough or not because no one will find out when there playing for qpr,hull or bristol city. i understand the development thing but these guys would develop more playing with modric,vdv,lennon,bale etc.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16 2010, 20:38

Yeah i have to say in some parts i agree yid ! i sometimes wonder if harry has an embarrasment of riches and is taking the easy option ie...loaning some out to get them out from the equation when it comes to player selection ? who knows ?

I had no doubts about harry at all until it took an injury for bale to get his chance,now you just wonder what other players deserve a run out.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16 2010, 23:07

Would have better loaning Corluka out to see if he could regain his form a couple of seasons back . . . . . ..

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17 2010, 05:04

VisionarySound wrote:Would have better loaning Corluka out to see if he could regain his form a couple of seasons back . . . . . ..

He has been good for spurs vis ! lost what little pace he had, but still a battler, we can do better.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17 2010, 06:18

At the moment "has been" sums him up Lew ! Yes he has put in many good shifts in the shirt but at the end of last season & so-far this one, he has looked a shadow of the player we fondly called Charlie. I would rather Walker had a chance to battle Hutton & Kaboul for right-back . . . . ..
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Oct 17 2010, 11:07

lewspurs wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Would have better loaning Corluka out to see if he could regain his form a couple of seasons back . . . . . ..

He has been good for spurs vis ! lost what little pace he had, but still a battler, we can do better.

Guys to be fair on Charlie ...I read that he's got a nagging back injury and this could be the reason he's lost his snail like pace? lol

Of the three , Charlie is probs the best at defending but offers little upfront , whilst Hutton is good goin forward but his defending is a little iffy for me ... Kaboul for me is probs the best choice as he offers both defending and attacking qualities .. As for Walker , I expect him to feature in plenty of games for us next season and beyond whilst, Naughton whom we signed at the same time from Sheff Utd Im not so sure will make a premeirship player......

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17 2010, 15:42

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Guys to be fair on Charlie ...I read that he's got a nagging back injury and this could be the reason he's lost his snail like pace? lol

Of the three , Charlie is probs the best at defending but offers little upfront , whilst Hutton is good goin forward but his defending is a little iffy for me ... Kaboul for me is probs the best choice as he offers both defending and attacking qualities .. As for Walker , I expect him to feature in plenty of games for us next season and beyond whilst, Naughton whom we signed at the same time from Sheff Utd Im not so sure will make a premeirship player......

I think someone on here posted that we really wanted only walker but sheff utd insisted naughton came as part of the deal ? i dont know if thats right but from what i have seen of walker in the pre season friendlies it does ring true, so maybe you are right arnie, naughton wont make a prem player.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:46