The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
galas EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
galas EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
galas EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
galas EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
galas EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
galas EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
galas EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
galas EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
galas EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

galas Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

galas

galas Empty galas

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18 2010, 07:15

I know he's had his critics &, whilst he was at the Scum especially, I was chief amongst them, but since he's come here I've been really impressed with his attitude.

I genuinely think he brings something extra to our team. His performances have been decent without being outstanding but he definitely has a presence that, in the past, I feel we have lacked, particularly in defence.

Yesterday at Fulham, when the Home side looked to be getting the upper hand, Gallas was clapping his hands, shouting at his team-mates & encouraging them to up their game, telling them to puff out their chests and stand tall. It was great to see a player in a Spurs shirt behaving this way. He has had a reputation in the past as a bit of a moaner, someone who likes to whinge, but I've not seen evidence of that yet at Tottenham. He's quietly got on with it &, at the same time, has used his influence positively & is vocal only when necessary

The other thing that occurred to me yesterday at Fulham was just how often he pops up in the opposing box. He's a central defender & yet he keeps on appearing in their 6-yard box sniffing around, making a nuisance of himself & looking for any tap-ins. Not just from set-plays, but in open play too. Somehow he is back defending 1 second & then he is up the other end challenging their goalkeeper the next. As long as he doesn't get caught out of position, which he somehow doesn't seem to be, I really like that about his game.

We signed him because of his experience & that is exactly what we are benefitting from at the moment. I'm sure, as his fitness improves, his performances will also but that will only be a bonus really because I think he has made the impact we hoped he would in terms of his influence in the dressing room.

i think he is a excellent partner for dawson when dawson comes back, i know some people will say kaboul is better but gallas experience gives him the edge for me.

galas Empty Re: galas

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18 2010, 07:57

Gallas is class lought ! forget the goon connection, he will be good for spurs.......for a couple of seasons at least, well done harry for signing him .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 18 2010, 17:55

Did he play for the Goons? Wink
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Mon Oct 18 2010, 18:35

will be needed more than ever now after ledley getting injured. his experience will be vital.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18 2010, 22:07

BazSpur wrote:Did he play for the Goons? Wink

Cant remember baz ! lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Oct 19 2010, 08:55

lewspurs wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Did he play for the Goons? Wink