The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Crouch is rubbish EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Crouch is rubbish EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Crouch is rubbish EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Crouch is rubbish EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Crouch is rubbish EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Crouch is rubbish EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Crouch is rubbish EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Crouch is rubbish EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Crouch is rubbish EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Crouch is rubbish Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
philip
DJSR
ionman34
LOBO
8 posters

Crouch is rubbish

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Crouch is rubbish Empty Crouch is rubbish

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 24 2010, 00:43

Hes lost his form and should not have started he was crap today absolutely crap infront of goal and all we did all game was long ball , yet another chance of getting a foot hold in the prem is lost, if you think crouch isnt the problem plz tell what is
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Crouch is rubbish Empty Re: Crouch is rubbish

Post by ionman34 Sun Oct 24 2010, 00:47

He was very frustrating today Lobo. Three gilt edged chances was it? He looked like he was striking the ball with legs made of Spaghetti!

To give him his due, he caused problems and really should have got at least one penalty, the ref was giving free kicks against us for identical fouls but Crouch got nothing today, he was clattered everywhere and got no protection whatsoever from the tosser in the black.

He should have put the game to bed today though, absolutely gutted.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Oct 24 2010, 01:20

Should of started the game today with Pav upfront, as Crouch didnt do well against Inter midweek. We were good enough to win todays game, but we lack firepower upfront. Cant wait for Defoe to come back.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 24 2010, 01:36

ionman34 wrote:
    He was very frustrating today Lobo. Three gilt edged chances was it? He looked like he was striking the ball with legs made of Spaghetti!

Exactly how i feel, the problem i feel is when crouch plays we do nothing but play long balls floated crosses that really don't cause defences problems, it makes Crouch look bad because he has to deal with the crosses whilst trying to hold of defenders, its unfair on him and because of his size the ref always gives it the otherway, ok crouch anit rubbish but the expectation when he is in the team is to great , he has the world on his shoulders, we really need to adopt a new approach if we're going to continue using crouch for target practice.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 24 2010, 01:37

DJSR wrote: we lack firepower upfront. Cant wait for Defoe to come back.

We should have won today, we let a goldern oppertunity slip to get a foot hold in the top four, now we have to rely on other results going our way, Redknapp screwed up in his selection
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Oct 24 2010, 01:56

ionman34 wrote:
    To give him his due, he caused problems and really should have got at least one penalty, the ref was giving free kicks against us for identical fouls but Crouch got nothing today, he was clattered everywhere and got no protection whatsoever from the tosser in the black.

I agree with everything you said except I do not agree regarding Crouch being awarded a penalty. Crouch was easily pushed around without making a genuine attempt to win the ball, for such a big guy it is amazing. Why the hell should the referee award him a penalty, in other words the perception is that he looks to be awarded fouls instead of playing the ball to score.
    He is really rubishshould be replaced

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 02:06

hes crap. did you see him go through on goal he didnt know what to do and when he did shoot it was a tame shot cos he cant strike the ball propley. all we do when he plays is put high crosses in all day yet we never score from them.

4 goals in 2010 im guna dig out hes stats and see how many starts hes had in 2010. poor robbie keane cant get a start
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Oct 24 2010, 02:19

philip wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

I agree with everything you said except I do not agree regarding Crouch being awarded a penalty. Crouch was easily pushed around without making a genuine attempt to win the ball, for such a big guy it is amazing. Why the hell should the referee award him a penalty, in other words the perception is that he looks to be awarded fouls instead of playing the ball to score.
    He is really rubishshould be replaced

But how can you say he shouldn't be awarded a penalty when they were awarded free kicks for identical fouls? Whether you agree on the free kicks is irrelevant, the ref awarded them and, by that benchmark, should have given a penalty.

No consistency at all from the ref, the most blatant one was the first. The camera angle was directly over the refs head, showing he had a perfect sighting of that filthy little Manc Neville barging him in the back just as he was about to jump.

It doesn't excuse his misses, but if the free kicks stood then the penalty was nailed on.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 24 2010, 02:19

Personally I would off load Crouch and Keane come next Summer. Don't think we will get a decent replacement for any of them until the summer. As ion said in another thread we need a proven goalscorer to pair up with Defoe who doesn't really get enough goals on his own. Crouch has some good qualities, unfortunately he hasn't got that one that matters..........Goal scoring ability on a regular basis.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 24 2010, 02:26

I'm waiting for Lew to start a thread of the back of this one called the Long Ball Appreciation scociety lol!

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 02:34

LOL lobo. did you see the gimp smile when he missed again. harry should of taken him of for pav and then brought kranker or jenas on for last 10mins
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Oct 24 2010, 04:12

First of all I thought today's effort by all our players was exceptional considering the advantage Everton were handed by those that run the game and compile the fixtures. We gave it our all but we didnt really have a cutting edge ..I dont think their goal keeper is likely to add his name to the recent list of heroic opposition goalkeeping displays at the Lane ..

I'm not gonna criticise Crouch to much as we all saw the game today , we all know along withe the world and his dog bar Harry it seems , that he aint gonna score many goals for us so now Im at the stage where I'm a little bemused at the expectation ...

My criticism this time round is for Harry , who for me it has to be said , his biggest failling at Spurs ( theres not many ) is his faith in the big man Crouch .....

I sat there watching the team line ups and thinking surely after the efforts on Wednesday night Crouch would be rested and Pav start ?
    No ,,okay Harry knows best ........

Okay ,,,.70 mins gone get a sub on for the struggling Crouch ,,,Pav will do ....
    Oh we're taking off our winger Lennon for Pav ....So we put on Pav take off Lennon , okay fair doos , Harry knows best .....

Nope , nothings changed we still dont look like we're going to score and Crouch is really struggling now ... Keane on for Crouch , go on Harry forget Dublin for a minute , for the good of the team , go on Harry you know you want to ....
    No ? Okies , Harry knows best ....

5 mins to go , try Niko for Crouch Harry and maybe we can win the game ? .
    Oppps sorry Harry I forget .........

Harry knows best ....1-1 it is then .....,
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 24 2010, 04:47

I have to say I agree with that Arnie. Harry does make some strange decisions sometimes. Can't really complain though as he is doing the business for us.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Oct 24 2010, 05:05

Oh for a Berbatov & Keane (when he were good ) , a Crooks & Archibald , a Sheringham & Klinsmann... Lets hope Harry sorts this out Baz , with the midfielders we currently have it would be a great shame if he dont...
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 24 2010, 05:08

I am sure things will improve when Defoe comes back to play with VDV. Lets just hope we get by until then.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 05:13

LOBO wrote:I'm waiting for Lew to start a thread of the back of this one called the Long Ball Appreciation scociety lol!

Dont bring me into it lobo ! bales my hero and he plays the ball along the ground.

Long ball would be one of many tactics i would use if i were a manager, but it is only an option, along with many other options.

But thanks for the mention ! Very Happy i must be infamous on here........... Rolling Eyes
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Sun Oct 24 2010, 21:08

harry fustrates me with his selection and formation sometimes. crouch should of been rested yesterday and pav should of started. i felt this fixture was always going to be tuff after our midweek exploits. a loss in europe and 2 dropped points at home. im sure if harry would have selected differently in these games we could of won at least 1 of them. ahh well its gone now but like ardilles says, harry knows best.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Oct 24 2010, 21:46

Did anyone notice that when the Park Lane started the super Pav chant Crouch turned to them and applauded? Was he being ironic or did he agree he should have been subbed I wonder.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 24 2010, 22:12

Loughtonlegend wrote:LOL lobo. did you see the gimp smile when he missed again. harry should of taken him of for pav and then brought kranker or jenas on for last 10mins

LOL the tongue face like hes just about to take the body of christ at Midnight Mass lol!

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 23:00

YID FROM DAV wrote:harry fustrates me with his selection and formation sometimes. crouch should of been rested yesterday and pav should of started. i felt this fixture was always going to be tuff after our midweek exploits. a loss in europe and 2 dropped points at home. im sure if harry would have selected differently in these games we could of won at least 1 of them. ahh well its gone now but like ardilles says, harry knows best.

Have to agree, fresh legs and all that from the cl game ! pav should have started but we are missing defoe.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Oct 25 2010, 05:28

Crouch cant head a ball to save his life and heres the video evidence to back that up lol!

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 05:39

With that amount of back-spin on the ball even Gilzean would have missed . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Oct 25 2010, 05:50

Vis, defend Crouch if you must but please dont use Gilzean to do so...
    Gilly whatever age he is now, would've scored with that header in the San Siro!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 25 2010, 05:57

Gilly was a master at heading the ball. They ought to get him in to give Crouchy lessons. I'm not joking Arry.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 06:24

Arnie I will always defend Crouchinio if he deserves it lol, but to put him down using CGI surely allows me to use Gilly in his defence ? LOL poor ole Crouchinio, only place he can score is a Spannish brothel . . . . .. .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content