The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Spurs v Manu EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Spurs v Manu EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Spurs v Manu EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Spurs v Manu EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Spurs v Manu EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Spurs v Manu EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Spurs v Manu EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Spurs v Manu EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Spurs v Manu EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Spurs v Manu Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Spurs v Manu

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Spurs v Manu Empty Spurs v Manu

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 25 2010, 22:20

We lost ground on saturday to a team we should have beaten to keep amongst the pigeons so to speak and keep the pressure on the others around us, but we failed to grasp hold of that game to keep us on level terms with a*se & utd it was an opperturnity yet again lost .

This game saturday is the biggest game of the year for us so far, not only do we need to win this to keep amongst the pack we also cant afford to lose, a draw is ok but still not good enough, if you look at the other around us who they play you can se nothing but a win for them, if we lose we will be 5 points adrift of the top four , i pray Redkanp drops you know who and go'es with pav and play some football on the ground, utd have decent defenders the long ball will be playing into there pockets.

But for the first time in a long time UTD look beatable and im praying Redkanpp goes there to win the game and not play bum licky time, we need this win and we need it now.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Spurs v Manu Empty Re: Spurs v Manu

Post by DJSR Mon Oct 25 2010, 23:10

I think that at Old Trafford it wont be an easy place to go and win even with their current poor form, but on our day, we can beat anyone, the whole team needs to be up for it. I personally would be happy with a point. But i reckon Rooney will be available for that game.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 06:26

we said that last season. man u had been poor and we played them and they done us.. We wont win we never win at man u. even when rooney and there big names dont play harry stil bottles it and plays a defensiv line up.

the best thing to happen in this game is to go a goal down early.

i hope we get a draw but we wont win. whos the ref

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 08:24

Talking to guy at work today, a contractor Boss who only attends when we have major problems that need sorting. He's a lad I consider a mate but, mores the pity, I don't see that often. Top fella. ManUre fan, so I asked his opinion about Shrek etc. Gave me his thoughts and I countered with mine. Said he was fearing playing us but he was hoping to get to the game, and hoped they got as lucky again as they did the night Pedro Mendes 'scored' from the half-way line (he was there and said 57,000 people saw a goal but the Ref was only one who didn't). Reckon's Spurs have a team to be proud of. Now this isn't some glory hunting Southern Red. This is a Dublin Boy who really knows his football and goes to as many games as he can, not just Utd, and when he says he is feeling trepidation about playing us I take a bit of heart from that. 'arry has to get his tactics right, his selection spot-on and make sure minds aren't on the Inter game . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 08:54

untill we beat a top 4 team away then i stil feel we wont challange. this looks like being another season thats really open yet we already slipping up to small teams and yet we aint really played anyone of real note yet. lose at man u who have no rooney then wil show again that harry doesnt have that winning urge that jose has.

i seen us play man u 4 times away under harry and we lost everyone. even the 2 cup games when man u feilded a weaken team harry stil feared them yet teams like west brom go and score 2. everton should of beat them
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Oct 26 2010, 21:38

W e got to attack and not play the long ball because utd have players that can cope with that alday long , if we can get the ball down and play like we should be then we have a chance, if we start lofting it to crouch will will effectively cut out the midfield, we might aswell field 4 defenders and two striker if thats the tactics harry will use
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Wed Oct 27 2010, 01:45

its all about team selection and systems for me, if he goes 4 5 1 we wont win, if he goes 4 4 2 i think we can win. pav/keane/vdv between them must be the top 2. lennon,bale,modric and hudd in midfield. if he goes crouch as a lone striker i wont even watch it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02 2024, 13:51