The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
WHISTLE EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
WHISTLE EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
WHISTLE EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
WHISTLE EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
WHISTLE EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
WHISTLE EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
WHISTLE EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
WHISTLE EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
WHISTLE EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

WHISTLE Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

WHISTLE

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

WHISTLE Empty WHISTLE

Post by SuneJim Sun Oct 31 2010, 10:20

One of the first things your taught play to the whistle,,,,,,,,,,,,, pay heed Mr Gomes!

That goal was a cock up in so many way's with some many caulpable, but we never let ourselves down this evening we have to remember this. We played Utd at there own game & it could of so easily been different.

I'm strangely upbeat,,,,,,,,, but i have been on the sauce all day lol.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

WHISTLE Empty Re: WHISTLE

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 31 2010, 11:49

I think we were woeful. No real get up a go. Once again we let our selves down. I am sick of hearing how we looked good. Looking good wins fcuk.all.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Sun Oct 31 2010, 19:01

we played ok but we had no cutting edge,

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31 2010, 19:50

SuneJim wrote:One of the first things your taught play to the whistle,,,,,,,,,,,,, pay heed Mr Gomes!

That goal was a cock up in so many way's with some many caulpable, but we never let ourselves down this evening we have to remember this. We played Utd at there own game & it could of so easily been different.

I'm strangely upbeat,,,,,,,,, but i have been on the sauce all day lol.

I thought we could have won the game jim ! the lads ran all day and in the end they ( man utd ) had all the luck.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31 2010, 19:52

BazSpur wrote:I think we were woeful. No real get up a go. Once again we let our selves down. I am sick of hearing how we looked good. Looking good wins fcuk.all.

The thing is baz is that its a horrible place to go to because they get all the decisions, the lads ran all day and certainly didnt curl up and die !

We can do them 4-0 at whl, they are beatable when they dont get all the decisions in their favour.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Sun Oct 31 2010, 19:56

we were never going to win that game yesterday, like we aint won over the big 4 in over 60 games away from home, that record is a shambles and is the main reason we are in the next section in the prem league. we play too defensively at these places and invite them on, this dont work for us
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 31 2010, 21:34

BazSpur wrote:I think we were woeful. No real get up a go. Once again we let our selves down. I am sick of hearing how we looked good. Looking good wins fcuk.all.

Totally agree Baz

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 04:03

they let us have the ball because we had no goal threat. take away vdv and modric shot and i dont think we had a shot on goal.

Like others have said we could of played all night and not scored. only pav seem to want to shoot

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 06:57

MAN UTD TOTTENHAM
    Possession
    Man Utd 48%Tottenham 52%

Attempts on target
    Man Utd 10Tottenham 5

Attempts off target
    Man Utd 8Tottenham 6

Corners
    Man Utd 1Tottenham 4

Fouls
    Man Utd 12Tottenham 10

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 08:17

vis stats meaan nuffin. ask most people who watched the game and they will say we didnt really look like scoring

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 08:30

Then if stats mean nothing Lought, Crouchinio is the best striker in the World, should have started and we would have the game if he had . . . . . . lol!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 08:53

if crouch had started up front then we can rule out a goal from our striker lol

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 08:56

Loughtonlegend wrote:they let us have the ball because we had no goal threat. take away vdv and modric shot and i dont think we had a shot on goal.

Like others have said we could of played all night and not scored. only pav seem to want to shoot

Modric and vdvs shots at goal didnt count then lought, or bales, or jenas ?
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Nov 01 2010, 08:58

Seems to me we played Keane and he's done cock all all season, without a knock down man he's easily knocked off the ball and against Man U he had no chance, we would of done better with crouch up front from the start and bringing keane on later IMO.

Anybody ever thought of the idea of no strikers whatsoever??
    Gomes
    Hutton Gallas Kaboul Ekotto
    Kranjca Palacious Bale
    Lennon Van d Vart Modric

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 09:07

yea sid thats a good idea. i though harry should of taken crouch of aganst inter and kept modric on and play keep ball usen lennon and bale as outlets.

lew i was counting vdv and modric shot. the only other shots i remember was pavs. be honest did you think we looked like we was guna score 2nd half.

harry should of left crouch on the bench brought on kranker which would help us keep possesion and play the ball on the ground more
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:46

I think its about being able to play anyone regardless , if we cant bring on a certain player because he wont be good enough then why is he in the squad, our manager should in theory be able to look at the bench and say right your on swap like for like, if we cant do that then we have major problems, the team has got to start playing as a team and not rely on modric or VDV or crouch to knock down a ball or lennon to make one of his runs or bale, no it should be a team game and we need to start getting tighter to eachother and supporting the front men not knocking the ball wide all the time and saying there you go Bale/lennon now make a run and hopefully someone will be there to knock it in, we need to push up together and press, we didnt do that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:30