The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What really happened ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What really happened ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What really happened ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What really happened ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What really happened ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What really happened ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What really happened ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What really happened ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What really happened ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What really happened ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

What really happened ?

What really happened ? Empty What really happened ?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31 2010, 19:45

Just my interpretation of the game , first the choice of keane to play up front with vdv was apparently to ensure the game was not played into the hands of ferdinand and vidic, two tall defenders who will grab everything in the air, hence no crouch who wouldnt have got a sniff with those two, whether it was a good selection by harry to play keane is debatable, pav did no better when he came on.

For all those saying we looked like wigan ! well you are entitled to your opinion as i am ! we actually looked quite good when attacking, the final ball was usually well defended by united, but we could have done better finishing.

Huttons raids down the right negates lennon a bit, i couldnt fault huttons defending today because he did well, he certainly wasnt at fault for the vidic goal, the whole defence allowed him to power home unmarked.

Bale wasnt at the races today, he has been playing a lot of games for club and country and harry gave him three days off..............but united were aware of his threat and showed that by tight marking on the lad.

Well finally the second goal, kaboul did grab nani so scrict interpretation is a penalty, but the ref waved play on and missed nani handling the ball, that then should have been a sending off for nani, but gomes was at fault because he should have retained the ball.

I didnt like the way ferdinand was allowed to listen in on the ref and linesman discussion of the incicdent while the spurs players were told to go away, ferdinand should have been told to fck off too.

I can understand why man utd dont lose many at old trafford, their players go down at the merest touch, they are a bunch of wimps who dont like being tackled fairly and look to the ref by play acting they have been pulverised, and unfairly usually get the decision....horrible team.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

What really happened ? Empty Re: What really happened ?

Post by YID FROM DAV Sun Oct 31 2010, 19:50

horrible team maybe, the most successfull team in england they are most definately. i agree with most of that but im sick of people blaming other players for lennons performances. when at england we blame johnson now at spurs we blame hutton, this is wrong imo, lennon is the problem not everything around him,im hearing he is leading a very active social life and im certain this is whats to blame for his performances, harry needs to sort him out and bring him back into line.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31 2010, 19:58

Well in my opinion yid ! if you want the best from lennon then dont have a bloke that runs the full length of the pitch behind him, corluka brings lennon into the game more because he doesnt run much pass the half way line, hutton is different because his runs by pass lennon, and then usually gets flung from the right side to bale on the left.

Not saying anyone is wrong in saying lennon is out of form, maybe he is ? but i am sure if lennon is doing his fitness levels no good with what he gets up to in his private life then harry would have sorted that problem by now.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 31 2010, 21:00

lewspurs wrote:
    Just my interpretation of the game , first the choice of keane to play up front with vdv was apparently to ensure the game was not played into the hands of ferdinand and vidic, two tall defenders who will grab everything in the air, hence no crouch who wouldnt have got a sniff with those two, whether it was a good selection by harry to play keane is debatable, pav did no better when he came on.

For all those saying we looked like wigan ! well you are entitled to your opinion as i am ! we actually looked quite good when attacking, the final ball was usually well defended by united, but we could have done better finishing.

Huttons raids down the right negates lennon a bit, i couldnt fault huttons defending today because he did well, he certainly wasnt at fault for the vidic goal, the whole defence allowed him to power home unmarked.

Bale wasnt at the races today, he has been playing a lot of games for club and country and harry gave him three days off..............but united were aware of his threat and showed that by tight marking on the lad.

Well finally the second goal, kaboul did grab nani so scrict interpretation is a penalty, but the ref waved play on and missed nani handling the ball, that then should have been a sending off for nani, but gomes was at fault because he should have retained the ball.

I didnt like the way ferdinand was allowed to listen in on the ref and linesman discussion of the incicdent while the spurs players were told to go away, ferdinand should have been told to fck off too.

I can understand why man utd dont lose many at old trafford, their players go down at the merest touch, they are a bunch of wimps who dont like being tackled fairly and look to the ref by play acting they have been pulverised, and unfairly usually get the decision....horrible team.

what really happened, simple we played to wide , we didnt press, the space between every spurs player was 10meters , it was horrible , boring dare i say it, it was a boring performance, im not going to blame any player, im going to blame redknapp, because i want to see us going at teams not standing of or blaming the ref, the problem is the team didnt press and when we got anywhere near the 18 yard box we lost the ball .

Last edited by LOBO on Sun Oct 31 2010, 21:03; edited 1 time in total
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Oct 31 2010, 22:08

lewspurs wrote:

Well in my opinion yid ! if you want the best from lennon then dont have a bloke that runs the full length of the pitch behind him, corluka brings lennon into the game more because he doesnt run much pass the half way line, hutton is different because his runs by pass lennon, and then usually gets flung from the right side to bale on the left.

Spot on INMO Hutton is great going forward but tend to encroache into Lennon's area they should play in tendon so that the right back area is not too exposed.

I blame the selection were too open, gaps everywhere with no holding midfielder like Sandros or Palacious, Lennon could have come in later on as an impact player as he has successfully done in the past.

Maybe Rednap is spoiled for choice

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 00:27

LOBO wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

what really happened, simple we played to wide , we didnt press, the space between every spurs player was 10meters , it was horrible , boring dare i say it, it was a boring performance, im not going to blame any player, im going to blame redknapp, because i want to see us going at teams not standing of or blaming the ref, the problem is the team didnt press and when we got anywhere near the 18 yard box we lost the ball .

There is many interpretations of the game lobo, yours and mine are but two ! blame harry if you like but i didnt see him in the defence when vidic was allowed a free run at the header that scored the first goal.

Seriously lobo ! we dont have a full compliment of first choice players at the moment, its called treading water until defoe, king, dawson and co are fit again, and now we have more problems with vdv coming off with a hamstring problem.

Also 10 metres is approx 31 feet imperial, hmmmmmmmm ! seems a little exaggerated to me lob but i know where you are coming from.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 00:29

philip wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Spot on INMO Hutton is great going forward but tend to encroache into Lennon's area they should play in tendon so that the right back area is not too exposed.

I blame the selection were too open, gaps everywhere with no holding midfielder like Sandros or Palacious, Lennon could have come in later on as an impact player as he has successfully done in the past.

Maybe Rednap is spoiled for choice

repped phil !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:23