The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Mick McCarthy EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Mick McCarthy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Mick McCarthy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Mick McCarthy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Mick McCarthy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Mick McCarthy EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Mick McCarthy EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Mick McCarthy EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Mick McCarthy EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Mick McCarthy Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
philip
MarkA249
LOBO
7 posters

Mick McCarthy

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Mick McCarthy Empty Mick McCarthy

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 31 2010, 21:27

Can you imagine the type of game we would get if he were manager, week in week out we would one of the hardest teams to beat, he wouldnt stand for any nonsense and would expect 110% from each player no favourites with him, he plays proper mens football, personally i'd love to see him at spurs because we have the talent but we're lacking desire that nasty edge you need to win , i reckon if he had been incharge yesterday it would have been a different tottenham out on that pitch, what i like about Mick is hes not full of himself hes a real football hard man, spurs should seriously look at him as our next manager and do away with big fat money hungry show bizz wanabies , we need to get hard and take the game to them ..

After the game yesterday Harry shook rednoses hand and smiled like they were old buddies i was sickened , god dam it , i think we starting to see the true redknapp , theres a bit of the Venables about him ..lol

so im starting the " I want Mick McCarthy Campaign " lol!

But seriously guys its not the players fault

Last edited by LOBO on Sun Oct 31 2010, 23:09; edited 1 time in total
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy

Post by MarkA249 Sun Oct 31 2010, 21:35

Yes he would of played the reserves and said no point in trying to win here dont like the man. Sorry lobo just dont
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 31 2010, 21:36

MarkA249 wrote:Yes he would of played the reserves and said no point in trying to win here dont like the man. Sorry lobo just dont

its not about liking the man is it , i dont like redknapp never have done but hes still a good manager
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Oct 31 2010, 21:39

dont think mccarthy is a good manager
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 31 2010, 21:48

MarkA249 wrote:dont think mccarthy is a good manager

I look at it this way, if he can get his players to play and press teams you dont need to be a good manager if the team is talented, Mick get wolves to play week in week out yet on paper wolves aint really a great team no where near as good as spurs , Wolves have been mightly unlucky against teams of late but you have to grive credit where its due they will give anyone a good game
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Oct 31 2010, 22:12

i would never ever turn spurs into a dirty team not our style and wolves r dirty and what manager not even beginning or end of season puts his reserves in a league game stupidity sorry lobo we can go all day mate we both have different opinions on McCarthy the way it is lol!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 31 2010, 22:22

MarkA249 wrote:i would never ever turn spurs into a dirty team not our style and wolves r dirty and what manager not even beginning or end of season puts his reserves in a league game stupidity sorry lobo we can go all day mate we both have different opinions on McCarthy the way it is lol!

a*se play dirty when they need to so do utd and so do Chelsea, its why they are consistanly top four

Mick dont play dirty football anymore but he gets his team to fight and challenge ever lose ball and header , looking at yesterdays game the players were afraid to tackle incase they happen to tred on someones toes lol
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Oct 31 2010, 22:34

No Lobo I do not want Mick McCarthy near WHL

Rednap is fine but too naive thinking that we can play the same way all the time. A mark of a good team is to be flexible

He need to listen to advice, what happen to his army of advisors and couching staff?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 31 2010, 23:08

philip wrote:No Lobo I do not want Mick McCarthy near WHL

Rednap is fine but too naive thinking that we can play the same way all the time. A mark of a good team is to be flexible

He need to listen to advice, what happen to his army of advisors and couching staff?

im using Mick McCarthy as an example of the type of mind set we need to win games, Mick McCarthy i know wont happen in a zillion years, but we got to make it hard for teams to play and get in there faces

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 01:01

philip wrote:No Lobo I do not want Mick McCarthy near WHL

Theres the tottenham way of winning phil ! and that is with style, its been the proverbial monkey hyper on our back since the push and runs teams of the early sixties, sometimes we just need to go out there and grind out results like the dross of the prem do with us, and rely on a breakaway goal to steal the points.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 01:12

LOBO wrote:Can you imagine the type of game we would get if he were manager, week in week out we would one of the hardest teams to beat, he wouldnt stand for any nonsense and would expect 110% from each player no favourites with him, he plays proper mens football, personally i'd love to see him at spurs because we have the talent but we're lacking desire that nasty edge you need to win , i reckon if he had been incharge yesterday it would have been a different tottenham out on that pitch, what i like about Mick is hes not full of himself hes a real football hard man, spurs should seriously look at him as our next manager and do away with big fat money hungry show bizz wanabies , we need to get hard and take the game to them ..

After the game yesterday Harry shook rednoses hand and smiled like they were old buddies i was sickened , god dam it , i think we starting to see the true redknapp , theres a bit of the Venables about him ..lol

Funny enough he would probably do ok ! for a while, as would owen coyle and a few others i could mention.

What the prem is about lobo is that all the managers know each others way of playing their respective teams, thats why a new bloke can do well to start off with and then the bubble bursts when he gets sussed, unless of course you have unlimited amount of funds to get in the top performers then you move on a gear.

Mick is doing a good job at wolves, and i like wolves because they have history like we do but they arent having the best of seasons this term, and i think he would go the same way with us if he ever got the job. lol!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 01 2010, 01:18

lewspurs wrote:
    LOBO wrote:Can you imagine the type of game we would get if he were manager, week in week out we would one of the hardest teams to beat, he wouldnt stand for any nonsense and would expect 110% from each player no favourites with him, he plays proper mens football, personally i'd love to see him at spurs because we have the talent but we're lacking desire that nasty edge you need to win , i reckon if he had been incharge yesterday it would have been a different tottenham out on that pitch, what i like about Mick is hes not full of himself hes a real football hard man, spurs should seriously look at him as our next manager and do away with big fat money hungry show bizz wanabies , we need to get hard and take the game to them ..

Funny enough he would probably do ok ! for a while, as would owen coyle and a few others i could mention.

What the prem is about lobo is that all the managers know each others way of playing their respective teams, thats why a new bloke can do well to start off with and then the bubble bursts when he gets sussed, unless of course you have unlimited amount of funds to get in the top performers then you move on a gear.

Mick is doing a good job at wolves, and i like wolves because they have history like we do but they arent having the best of seasons this term, and i think he would go the same way with us if he ever got the job. lol!

Thing is its not all about money, apparently city are in dire straights at the moment, it does look at the moment its going to come down to us & city , i think the westbroms and villa will struggle later on in the season , us having a larger squad will cope ok

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 03:43

LOBO micks doing well. we need sumone who hates losen. i was also sickined by harry and fergie laughing about it.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 03:51

Are people really suggesting they want a manager in the mould of McCarthy ? I thought it was Halloween not April Fools Day . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 04:01

i want the specal 1. i want a manager that hates wenger fergie and hates losen. i want a manager on the touchline to motivatin the players. Not twitchy on hes seat with a look of sumone whos not sure what to do.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 01 2010, 04:19

Loughtonlegend wrote:i want the specal 1. i want a manager that hates wenger fergie and hates losen. i want a manager on the touchline to motivatin the players. Not twitchy on hes seat with a look of sumone whos not sure what to do.

Bang on lought . we need some screaming orders shouting abuse at everyone lol true though
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Nov 01 2010, 05:31

Sam Allardyce???? lol!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 06:08

I know Old Trafford, Emirates/Highbury, Anfield, Stamford Bridge are and were all very tough places to win, but our away record against them is simply unacceptable. Aston Villa won at 2 of those grounds last season. Can you ever imagine us doing that in the same season? Even Blackpool won at Anfield this season and yet we couldn't beat them last season without Gerrard and Torres. It's not just the big 4 we struggle against, we rarely win at Newcastle, Sunderland, West Brom to name a few
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 01 2010, 06:46

Loughtonlegend wrote:I know Old Trafford, Emirates/Highbury, Anfield, Stamford Bridge are and were all very tough places to win, but our away record against them is simply unacceptable. Aston Villa won at 2 of those grounds last season. Can you ever imagine us doing that in the same season? Even Blackpool won at Anfield this season and yet we couldn't beat them last season without Gerrard and Torres. It's not just the big 4 we struggle against, we rarely win at Newcastle, Sunderland, West Brom to name a few

Exactly.

Redknapp has done well for us hes got us playing but it seems almost like he's got his eye on other things , i can't put my finger on it but its almost as if hes to big for us , you heard him says he would love to be england manager, now you tell me he wouldnt be of in a jiffy if they came calling, hes a career manager he's like most other managers will always take what better being offered, not all managers are like that but redknapp is , you only have to look at what he did with southampton and portsmouth, he got no loyalties .

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 06:54

bang on lobo. he went from portsmouth to southampton then back to portsmouth. and then claimed he didnt know they are rivals. he will go if a better offer came along. i want jose or a tottenham man to take us to the next step

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 08:53

Loughtonlegend wrote:bang on lobo. he went from portsmouth to southampton then back to portsmouth. and then claimed he didnt know they are rivals. he will go if a better offer came along. i want jose or a tottenham man to take us to the next step

Well keep whistling down the fcking wind lought because jose goes where the money is, to buy the best players, to buy the best to compliment his fcking inflated ego, so he isnt a failure, give him a team like bolton and see what he does ? he would be like all the rest, fcking sh*t unless you are brian clough who was a football genius.

Listen we get 36,000 max at whl, and compare that to other prem teams and we are doing ok and i dont want a pr*ck like mourinho at spurs where he will become bigger than the club, we would be like second choice to this portugese w*nker.

Cut harry some slack, we are in the champions league ! what more do you want ? he has injuries to key players, so he shakes hands with ferguson, thats being professional in defeat mate, what do you want him to do, jump up and down shouting you cheating lucky bas*ard............lought you amaze me, your football knowledge is great but your loyalty to a bloke who has got us where we are , and expectant of more stinks.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 09:04

PORTO yea because jose had loads of money to spend when he was at porto and won the champions league. I expect him to shake hands but not to go off and joke about it. if things was reversed fergie would be moanin all day long about it.

lets see what everyone else thinks about 2pm next satruday when we slipped down to mid table with prob west brom could be 6points in front of us and liverpool over take us.

take the blinkers off lew. harry trying fit vdv in is mucking up our shape

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 09:20

Loughtonlegend wrote:PORTO yea because jose had loads of money to spend when he was at porto and won the champions league. I expect him to shake hands but not to go off and joke about it. if things was reversed fergie would be moanin all day long about it.

lets see what everyone else thinks about 2pm next satruday when we slipped down to mid table with prob west brom could be 6points in front of us and liverpool over take us.

take the blinkers off lew. harry trying fit vdv in is mucking up our shape

Yeah keep reading the worst into every situation lought ! its crazy mate, you crash in every time we lose, old trafford is a hard place to win, especially when you are missing key players like king and defoe.

The blinkers are all yours lought ! and they dont help you to run straight as they do a racehorse.

We are where we are because of harry and his team, harry is his own worst enemy because our expectation has risen because of what he has achieved in a short amount of time at our great club.

Pity we cant say the same about jol, hoddle, or all the other time wasters that were employed to get us somewhere near where harry has......think about it....
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Nov 01 2010, 18:50

Everybody knows Jose will be the next Man Utd Manager. Why shouldnt Harry shake Fergies hand its the refs fault the linesman and Gomes fault. Harry will get a charge from the fa for his comments about the ref. Has for trying to fit VDV in its going to take time for the whole team to adjust u go from playing 442 for a number of seasons to 4411 dont happen over night. Once the teams get used to it we will be fine even better its a better formation than 442. People rekon we played crap its all about playing teams at the right time if we played Everton earlier in the season we would have won and if we played Utd a couple of weeks earlier we would of got something
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 02 2010, 00:28

Jol had Comoli fcuking him up Lew. I don't blame him for not getting CL football.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content