The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Hounding out the bloke ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Hounding out the bloke ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Hounding out the bloke ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Hounding out the bloke ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Hounding out the bloke ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Hounding out the bloke ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Hounding out the bloke ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Hounding out the bloke ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Hounding out the bloke ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Hounding out the bloke ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
LOBO
YID FROM DAV
philip
7 posters

Hounding out the bloke !

Hounding out the bloke ! Empty Hounding out the bloke !

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 09:08

I understand the frustration at results like the man utd game, i was pig shut at their luck, they werent any better than us and will struggle all season with that team.

Look at vis,s stats, its tells a different story than what is being bandied about here.

Those singling out harry have short memories and its a tall order to expect a victory at old trafford, not many teams go there and get a result, but all of a sudden harry,s team should have taken the points.

Yeah put that onus on wenger and every other prem manager and they would soon tell you to fck off.

So next up is inter ! lets get behind harry for that game because going forward to the next stage of the cl wins us more cash in this mercenary game of football, cash to allow us to buy players like vdv ! pure class.

Dont keep knocking harry, we are playing a different game than we were under all our past managers.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Hounding out the bloke ! Empty Re: Hounding out the bloke !

Post by philip Mon Nov 01 2010, 13:28

lewspurs wrote:I understand the frustration at results like the man utd game, i was pig shut at their luck, they werent any better than us and will struggle all season with that team.
    our past managers.

Lew n IMO nobody is hounding Harry I don’t think there is a manager at the moment Spurs fans would like to replace Rednap.

However, fans including myself are sometimes forced to view our feeling if changes of tactic or selections are needed. I am sure Rednap does not mind he is a strong character.
    To me it is common sense that you do not go to Old Trafford gung ho with an open attacking team and tactic, of course you will be slaughtered. I would say in the first 20 minutes Spurs players could not get near Manu, no pressing, no tackling and poor passing. The score could have been worse but for Gomez and the defence. This seems to be the same story every time remember against Young Boys etc. You have to earn the right to play.

Why the heck play two wingers and an attacking minded midfield when you have Palacious and Sandros on the bench, I think it is barmy in my view, bring in Lennon or Bale etc later.

The frustrating thing is that this is the best team we have had for years, one of the best bench in the premiership but either Rednap does not know how to use it or stubborn not to use it.

Football is like chase, you have to outwit the other manager otherwise he will outwit you. The problem with Renap is that he is often too slow to make changes and if he does sometimes they are strange ones. For example why the f**k bring in Crouch instead of Kranjar or De Santos to partner Pav in the second half.

We love Rednap but for someone surrounded by loads of assistants he is very slow to grasp situations which many people can see, maybe he should do with such a long list of assistant managers and trainers.

No Lew nobody is hounding the bloke, I think by nature he is enjoying taking risks he can look after himself
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:27

no one is hounding harry out, they have concerns about him and whether he can take us forward, im one of them. his tactics and formations blow me away some times. and his favouritism towards crouch aint good for us longterm. bale needs a rest,lennon needs dropping, we need a right back that is regualar, not hutton,corluka,kabloul and whoever sharing this position. im the same as philip i can see we are close but close aint good enough for me, im 24 and seen spurs win a carling cup, when all these goons,cheslscum and manu fans that live near me can say they seen there team win doubles etc, i want my team to win the prem amongst other things, i cannnot see it happening before my 34th birthday.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:35

philip wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:I understand the frustration at results like the man utd game, i was pig shut at their luck, they werent any better than us and will struggle all season with that team.
    our past managers.

Lew n IMO nobody is hounding Harry I don’t think there is a manager at the moment Spurs fans would like to replace Rednap.

However, fans including myself are sometimes forced to view our feeling if changes of tactic or selections are needed. I am sure Rednap does not mind he is a strong character.
    To me it is common sense that you do not go to Old Trafford gung ho with an open attacking team and tactic, of course you will be slaughtered. I would say in the first 20 minutes Spurs players could not get near Manu, no pressing, no tackling and poor passing. The score could have been worse but for Gomez and the defence. This seems to be the same story every time remember against Young Boys etc. You have to earn the right to play.

Why the heck play two wingers and an attacking minded midfield when you have Palacious and Sandros on the bench, I think it is barmy in my view, bring in Lennon or Bale etc later.

The frustrating thing is that this is the best team we have had for years, one of the best bench in the premiership but either Rednap does not know how to use it or stubborn not to use it.

Football is like chase, you have to outwit the other manager otherwise he will outwit you. The problem with Renap is that he is often too slow to make changes and if he does sometimes they are strange ones. For example why the f**k bring in Crouch instead of Kranjar or De Santos to partner Pav in the second half.

We love Rednap but for someone surrounded by loads of assistants he is very slow to grasp situations which many people can see, maybe he should do with such a long list of assistant managers and trainers.

No Lew nobody is hounding the bloke, I think by nature he is enjoying taking risks he can look after himself

Yea that desrves a Rep philip.

One thing we have to remember about redknapp is this CL and top four status is all new to him like it is to us fans, when harry came to spurs he came with a pretty decent CV , winning the FA cup with portsmonth was the pinnacle of his Career to date, then he lands the Spurs job and for the first time in his career he has a team that is full of internationals , we we're at the time struggling at the foot of the table not because we were a poor team more the fact are previous Manager Ramous new as much english as a new born baby dus causing a communicational problem and from that day onwards the team was in free fall.

Then along came Harry , new idea's a fresh approach to the game he was a revelation, but for all of harrys comings and goings in his football career never had he been given such a posistion of power like he has at spurs with money to spend and an abundance of talent sitting on the bench, all this is new to harry, i still think hes learning and thats where the problem is, in this league you have to learn quickly there's little if any room for error , i think some of Redknapps problems are the fact he has a massive squad of players, who do you play? without up setting the apple cart, harry has got to start making the right decisions soon because time will catch up with him and in this Result driven game there's a lot of casualties and managers are the first in the firing line.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 23:38

philip wrote:
    our past managers.

But thats how it starts phil! expectation was high to get a result at a place like old trafford and when it didnt happen all of a sudden we are going to be mid table by next weekend , lol ! then of course harry cant see what all of us see, and thats why we are where we are at the moment, because harry is so naive he hasnt the sense to see the writing on the wall.

It all started the same with jol years ago, when he got us two fifth place finishes, and then the following season most of his defenders were out and we know how the story ended.

Harry at the moment has a similar problem, key players out and i think all of us should cut the bloke a little slack and see what happens when the likes of defoe and king are back.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Mon Nov 01 2010, 23:42

Lew i don't think anybodies trying to hound out Harry Mate i just think on this forum you have a lot of people who are really honest in there opinions i know i am & when i think Harry's dropped a clanger i'll point it out & moan about it to all and sundry. But bottom line is i'm still 100% in Mr Redknapp's corner & will be for the foreseeable future.

I actually welcomed his starting line up at OT & the way we tried to play & we took the game to them in long periods in the first & we well pleased. I don't remember many other teams having the ball that often & in dangerous area's there.

But second half Fergie had changed his tactics to close down VD Vaart & come on to us more & that's when Redknapp needs to step up to the plate. He doesn't seem to be able to change things & try a different approach. It's some thing he's going to have to learn but i'm still fully behind him.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 02 2010, 00:35

I back Redknapp for now , but nothing takes away the fact he made it damn well clear he want to be the next england manager, jol was commited for life , Redknapp isnt here for the long haul how ever you paint the picture

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 02:56

lew when everton score 3 at old trafford and west brom score 2 in the last month then yea i expect us to have scored a goal. but again we had loads of the ball but didnt really look like scoring 2nd half.

harry waits untill 60mins to make a sub. hes plan b is always long balll.

why have krankar gio on the bench and not use them. why say bale nackerd and not give krankar a game

I dont want harry sacked but i dont think he will take us to the next level. hes signins havent been great. our best players or players jol or ramos brough. vdv is a present from levy.

imagine if harry had got the players he wanted in. sol charlton cole james viera to name a few
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 02 2010, 03:08

Loughtonlegend wrote:lew when everton score 3 at old trafford and west brom score 2 in the last month then yea i expect us to have scored a goal. but again we had loads of the ball but didnt really look like scoring 2nd half.

harry waits untill 60mins to make a sub. hes plan b is always long balll.

why have krankar gio on the bench and not use them. why say bale nackerd and not give krankar a game

I dont want harry sacked but i dont think he will take us to the next level. hes signins havent been great. our best players or players jol or ramos brough. vdv is a present from levy.

imagine if harry had got the players he wanted in. sol charlton cole james viera to name a few

Lought, you will never be happy, you made the same kind of posts about Jol on aol, couldnt take us to the next level, blah, blah, blah, now your saying he was committed for life to us, even though you thought he was not good enough. Its all about balance and you stick gio on the right , he comes inside, you stick Kranj on the right, you said he was too slow and wasnt very keen on him. you should look back on some of your posts and remember what you actually say about players, before you post that you want them playing ahead of the likes of Bale whos been nothing short of incredible and cos his not been at that standard for the last two games you want to replace him. So his plan b is long ball, we played a (along the deck) and didnt score, what other plans do you have in mind?

All of a sudden we should just be beating all teams and conquering the world.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 03:22

i dont think kranker should be a starter every game but hes good enough when players need a rest. jol had no bottle thts why we kept throwing away leads.

they sayin on talksport that spurs mentality all wrong. how can we go to old trafford play a striker whos 4th choich up front and expect to win.

walcot not very good on the wing so when wenger moves him up front he scores loads. is gio really a bad football or harry just dont know how to use him. levy no mug and he wont put up with harrys stranges buys. harry already had sly digs about levy so im sure if a top manager comes becomes free levy will think about it
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 02 2010, 03:56

loughtonlegend has some good concerns, well there the same as mine so i have to agree. im not too sure sure harry will lose his job on the strength of what he says anyway so again cannot understand the hounding out comment. as fans we are allowed our opinions and because they aint all the same dont mean they are right or wrong. if every fan thut the same it would be a very boring game and forum for that matter. now as far as i see it, harry will be spurs manager till at least the end of next season so i will give him my utmost support at least till then, harry saved us from relegation, harry has qualified us for the champ league in his first 2 seasons, this is a good record for any manager and he deserves his time to finish the job, so on the strength of that we should support harry as much as we can. but if we dont qualify for champ league because we dont finish top 4 i do think that may be the time that levy looks for the next manager, and i will support that if the next guy has the proven pedigree, van gaal would be nice. we need to continue going forward and to continually improve, sitting on what u have dont work in football. chelsea are the best side in england at the moment and they have 5 managers in the last 5 seasons, mourinho,grant,scolari,hiddink and ancellotti and everyone has taken chelsea on, imo harry aint in the same league as any of these guys.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 02 2010, 06:55

It's not Harrys fault , I blame Baz for letting on that Harry reads this forum clown

So Harry if you're reading this .....When playing the lone striker, you got to get the speedy wide men Lennon and Bale nearer to him and not have them hugging the touchline..

Also, I know its been said already, but we're not winning our tackles or making enough challenges higher up the pitch and invariably when out attacks break down we quickly find ourselves defending our own box .... Its exciting for the neutral as its akin to a basketball match , you try score, then we will ...But after an hour of that and against better oppositon , especialy away from home, the end result is nearly always negative from our point of view . We need to be more compact and more unconpromising!
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Tue Nov 02 2010, 09:12

lewspurs wrote:[Harry at the moment has a similar problem, key players out and i think all of us should cut the bloke a little slack and see what happens when the likes of defoe and king are back.
    Point taken
    However this is the very reason why Rednap should be smart and ruthless to mix up and substitute players from the bench.
    In a whole he is doing a good job but should be more smart

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 11:26

apart from defoe all our main injuries are to center backs but we aint lettin in many goals so our defence aint the problem. its our strikers
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Nov 02 2010, 15:47

Loughtonlegend wrote:apart from defoe all our main injuries are to center backs but we aint lettin in many goals so our defence aint the problem. its our strikers

Which is, pretty much, what I've been saying from the closed season.

Just thought I'd add that Philips comments, concerning Harry being a little smarter with his squad, I feel are on the money. Having said that, I don't think they apply to the Utd game. There seems to be this consensus of opinion that Utd are there for the taking. Why? They are no weaker than last season when they finished 2nd, if anything they are stronger with the likes of Ferdinand and Brown coming back. The team is littered with Internationals and they only had Rooney missing.

Don't you think you're being just a tad blase about turning them over on their own patch?

We know that they always up their game against bigger opposition. They weren't lack lustre in this game but we were worthy of a point in this game IMO, we matched them and then some. The difference between the two teams? One set piece, finished by a defender, and one farcical Clattenberg event that gift wrapped the game nicely for them.

I'm sure the return 'gift' from OT will be surrepticiously wrapped in plain brown paper.

However, yes Harry could have, and maybe should have, made more intelligent substitutions, both with personnel and timing. But that is Eagle eyed hind sight at its best, knowing what SHOULD have happened after you've seen the failure. Had he brought on say, Krankjar, and he dropped a clanger gifting them a second, before the Nani debacle, then Harry would be slaughtered for bringing him on in place of whoever.

Get some perspective guys, Utd were at home and had to work hard for their win, needing a huge slice of luck/fortune/bribery/favouritism to really win the game. From the extended highlights I saw, we had the chances and actually spent more time in their half than ours.

So, on the whole, yes it is disappointing to lose at any time to anyone but, though we lost, we were not beaten, if you see what I mean.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Wed Nov 03 2010, 03:46

united were for the taking because the week before west brom took them to pieces and we are better than them aint we not, di matteo (good manager btw)changed his system and personal at half time, had a right go and nearly beat them. a week later we go there sit back,play 4 5 1 and get beat 2 0, another decent performance that got us no where as our manager lacked the same imagination as di matteo did, no one has any right to go to any ground and win let alone ot, but its the manner of defeat and the now very regular sit back and invite them on system that harry adopts against the top 4 thats getting to me. when we play other teams we smash them with pace,power,intelligant football and nearly always win, when we play top 4 we change our style completely around and it dont work. i wish harry could see that as a fan i would rather lose trying to win than just sitting back with no plan b

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 04:14

well said. if arsenal had played that man u team they would of beaten them. man u look so averge.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 05:42

YID FROM DAV wrote:united were for the taking because the week before west brom took them to pieces and we are better than them aint we not.

The thing is yid that if all sporting events went by the norm,or current form ! then the bookmakers would be out of business.

It just doesnt happen like that in real life, who would have thought the spams or wigan would beat us ? us who are giving the cl champions a fcking good game .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:30