The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
LOBO
seebee1944
SuneJim
7 posters

EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER Empty EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER

Post by SuneJim Mon Nov 01 2010, 23:24

Just seen him going through the events leading up to the UTD second goal on SSN & it was very interesting! Far from the backing Clattenburg to the hint i expected. He said people would have been leaving Old Trafford feeling some thing just wasn't right there.

OK it's been established within the rules we don't have a leg to stand & i take that point on board, but there was a lot more to it than that.

The first point the Dermot raised was about the advantage Clattenburg (Allegedly) gave us,,,,,,,,,,, as we so clearly didn't get any advantage he should have blown up & pulled the play back & given us the free-kick. Just as Ref's do all the time for free-kicks in attacking area's

Secondly he was obviously told by the assistant ref about the handball so he had another out because he can reverse a decision after giving it as long as the game hasn't been restarted.

So how come the goal was given this is a top English ref we're lead to believe but he made such a wrong call with both those outs available to him. WHY? Simple he didn't have the bottle to do any thing at OT in front of Old Red Nose.

The only thing Mr Gallagher defended Clattenburg on was the Rio incident. He said he got rid of the Spurs players & was completely concentrating on what his fellow official was saying because it was a big call, he said, he may not have even realised he was there. Flimsy i reckon but i can see where he's coming from.

So the up shot is while within the rules of the game the goal was legitimate, giving it was certainly an injustice to us!
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER Empty Re: EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER

Post by seebee1944 Mon Nov 01 2010, 23:33

Also as shown on MOTD he had his hands behind his back and should surely have given a completely clear signal and waved Gomes to play on. As for Ferdinand to say he didn't know he was there is nonsense cos Ferdinands gob was going for a good 30 secs. All in all a s Harry said a complete cock up.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 23:45

Ferdinand has already stated on his twitter account that he spoke to Prattenburg to confirm he hadn't blown his whistle. So straight from the Utsd captains mouth the fact that yes he did confer with Prattenburg (also say's he didn't swear at him - yeah whatever Wavy-Lips)! You've already posted about playing to the the whistle Jim and botton line is thats what Gomes should have done but the whole incident still leaves a very nasty taste . . . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 02 2010, 00:25

Bottom line is Gomes fu*ked up, he should have checked his area behind him or held the ball, it was sloppy play from him, he gave the ball away simple as
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 02 2010, 03:59

i blame gomes for this as well, he should no alot better.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Nov 02 2010, 05:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLbXVj8Iu6c

The Ref may have played to the letter of the Law, but he certainly didn't play in the spirit of the game.

Gomes i, i think truly believed that he was allowed to get the Game going again, the ref, appeard not have seen x,y,or,Z. He couldnt see that Gomes was walking backwards to take a run up to kick the ball? Is the Ref Wenger in disguise, ( I didnt see what happend) or is he Maure fan?

Either way, it was unsporting, I thought that sort of thing was not condoned now.
    If the Blame game is to go on, on balance i blame the match officials, thats there job.

Check the link above.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 02 2010, 05:57

I agree with you guys here saying , Gomes mucked up .... But I were also saying all last week to her indoors ( Manure fan ) ..Your lot will probs beat us as we aint playing well and definatly the ref will do you a favour...

Apart from Clattenberg's incompetance in the Nani goal incident , I felt he were on to us for most of the game ... Both our center backs booked early for 50-50 challenges and it seems in the midfield, if its not Scholes on the pitch nipping away, then Fletcher ( Yes , Wenger is right about him ) is given the freedom to do so...

Also theres a few Lennon knockers out there but at Old Trafford I counted three fouls on him by Evra, one was a swipe at his shins which Lennon did well to evade when the ball had already been passed by our man ... There was a delibrate pull down which shouldve been a booking but just a free-kick and one blatent hack from behind on Lennon right infront of the dug outs, but because again the pass had already been completed by our boy the idiot Clattenberg waved play-on ...
    Evra gave Lennon a scowl that had written all over it , 'you got Inter Milan on Tuesday night and if you want play in that game , be a good boy '!

We will have to score a bundle there if we are ever to beat them..

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 06:54

1-0 will do Arnie, but first we have to beat officials fear of the wrath of Ole Red Nose! Yes Gomes should have played to the whistle. Yes by the letter of the rules of the game it's a perfectley legal goal. But, would it have been allowed if we had of scored it ? Of course not. Prattenburg is a disgrace as a ref and although he can't be held culpabble (indeed many Spurs fans are making excuses for him)entirely, I for one hope he is demoted a league or 3 and made to learn his trade correctly . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 02 2010, 07:00

Agree with you about Clattenberg Vis .......For me , he's a poor ref and I would've said that before Saturdays game ..
    But I disagree with you on winning at Old Trafford with a narrow scoreline .... I genuinely believe we will have to score a few up there to beat them as 1-0 to Spurs will not be allowed happen...

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 08:00

ArnieArdiles wrote:Agree with you about Clattenberg Vis .......For me , he's a poor ref and I would've said that before Saturdays game ..
    But I disagree with you on winning at Old Trafford with a narrow scoreline .... I genuinely believe we will have to score a few up there to beat them as 1-0 to Spurs will not be allowed happen...

And why do you think 1-0 Spurs will never be allowed Arnie ? Surely you're not suggesting collusion by officials ? Tsk tsk lol . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 02 2010, 09:46

VisionarySound wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:Agree with you about Clattenberg Vis .......For me , he's a poor ref and I would've said that before Saturdays game ..

And why do you think 1-0 Spurs will never be allowed Arnie ? Surely you're not suggesting collusion by officials ? Tsk tsk lol . . . . .
    lol ...Vis ... ....Im genuinely shocked and hurt that you're suggesting that Im suggesting errrm bungs ? English premeirship officials are as honest as the day is long .. EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER 868343

Suspect pay off the buisness debts , missus wants a Bahamas holdiay this year , nice conservatory oh and not forgetting the EX REF DERMOT GALLAGHER 692316 rooneycrouchy girls ....
    tanku very much Mr Fergie sir Suspect Cool
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 02 2010, 09:54

Colusion by officials at OT Vis? Whatever do you mean?
    Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:39