The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Kaboul - Is he the Prince? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Kaboul - Is he the Prince? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Kaboul - Is he the Prince? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Kaboul - Is he the Prince? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Kaboul - Is he the Prince? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Kaboul - Is he the Prince? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Kaboul - Is he the Prince? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Kaboul - Is he the Prince? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Kaboul - Is he the Prince? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Kaboul - Is he the Prince? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Kaboul - Is he the Prince?

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Kaboul - Is he the Prince? Empty Kaboul - Is he the Prince?

Post by ionman34 Thu Nov 04 2010, 09:55

Over the last few weeks I've been debating the merits of certain players with my old man, the one that we seemed to spend the most time on was young Younes.

Now we all know his history with us, bought on the recommendation that he was the next best thing in France, played too early, fell to pieces and was offloaded.

Pretty succinct, I know, but you lot always reckon I talk/type too much! lol!

Anyway, we were talking about him and I made the observation that Kaboul reminds me of one of the top defenders in England. No, it's not Ledders it's Ferdinand.

That's Rio btw, not Anton.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is about him that reminds me of Ferdinand though, he just does. Possibly his movement, his positional sense or his reading of the game.

It might even be because he can contort his lips into some very strange shapes. Anyone else noticed that?

Give him 30 years and he'll make a World Class Gurner!!

What it all boils down to for me is that, at the risk of sounding sacreligious, we have a player who is showing signs that he could be every bit as good as the King himself, a man you all know I rate as the best of his generation. Anywhere.

Think about it, and tick off the boxes along with me;

King has terrific positional sense, Kaboul too is showing this.
    King is one of the best in the World for reading a game/situation in order to position himself to intervene. Kaboul, for a number of games since last season, has proven that he too can read a situation to his advantage.
    King is terrific in the air. So is Kaboul.
    King has great pace, as does Kaboul.
    King has a knack for taking a ball off a player with consumate ease, so does Kaboul.
    King exudes a calm in his work, I'm noticing this more and more with Kaboul.

Personally, I'm convinced that this young man is the perfect replacement for King, particularly as he has King there to bring out the very best in him.

We need look no further chaps, the Prince is already with us and I think we can thank Harry for seeing that in him, when no one else did, and bringing it steadily to the fore.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Kaboul - Is he the Prince? Empty Re: Kaboul - Is he the Prince?

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 04 2010, 11:06

I make you right on all counts ion. He is a real WHL legend in the making. I think he is the new Ledders. The King is dead. Long live the Prince. I mean no disrespect to Ledders when I say that.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 04 2010, 11:11

By the way ion REPPED.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04 2010, 12:18

i was so glad when we brought him back. the guy is class. hes strong hes got speed. and hes so good at bringing the ball out of defence.

I think hes a better all round player then dawson
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Fri Nov 05 2010, 03:33

yes i liked kaboul the first time, hes a big man with pace but also a nice touch and is very comfortable on the ball. he is doing a good job at the moment and it wouldn surprise me if he forces himself in full time at centre half

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05 2010, 04:26

LOL Kaboul, me & my ever expanding waist-line due to 'umble pie. When I first saw the lad I didn't rate him & when we bought him back I wasn't impressed. But he has shown that he is a very good prospect since his return & has the look of a class player for the future about him . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content