The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
losing 3 nil EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
losing 3 nil EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
losing 3 nil EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
losing 3 nil EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
losing 3 nil EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
losing 3 nil EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
losing 3 nil EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
losing 3 nil EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
losing 3 nil EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

losing 3 nil Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
seebee1944
MarkA249
BazSpur
LOBO
8 posters

losing 3 nil

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

losing 3 nil Empty losing 3 nil

Post by LOBO Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:00

scratch I'm speechless, stunned even

Last edited by LOBO on Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:21; edited 1 time in total
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

losing 3 nil Empty Re: losing 3 nil

Post by LOBO Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:11

Also we are below Bolton in the league now and we could slip to 10th by tea time
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:13

Can you fcuking believe that sh*t?. The players ate just not putting in a shift. I don't blame Harry, It's the players that can take the blame.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:19

3 nil now

They are walking alover us, its embarrasing to watch
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:25

im disgusted thats been the worse performance ive ever seen from them. Making Bolton look like Barcelona its derserved too thats what the P*ssing off point is too if Harry does not slag them off he needs shooting
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:37

I am sure Arry will slate them. I would fine them all a week's wages.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:39

4 - 2 fine harry a weeks wages
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:44

4-2 still a shocking performance two goals out of nothing woo hoo still a load of crap im not saying we have got play like we did againt Inter every game but for gods sake look like u care
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:54

Anybody still believe there's nothing wrong with the defence?
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:55

What defence lol!
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:57

Exactly Apparantly when Kevin Davies heard Gallas was playing he punched the air in delight. I can see why.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Nov 07 2010, 02:06

Top 4? Not unless we pull our finger out. The sooner these CL group stages are over the better. We obviously can't cope with that and the Prem.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Nov 07 2010, 02:25

kranjr looked lost. i know he hasnt been playing recently but when your given a chance well grasp it with both hands. missed a good oportunity to bring us back into it at 2 down and blasted it over
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Nov 07 2010, 03:04

I'm really dissappointed with the whole team today, that just killed my weekend. Everyone is at blame! For me, harry changed the team too much and there was no shape to the team. Should of started with Hudds, the midfield was lost, although little Modders was trying his hardest. Kranjcar didnt do anything, same with Palacios. Dissappointed with Crouch once again, i would have started Pav & Keane up front and we would of prob won todays game. Gutted!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Nov 07 2010, 03:13

DJSR wrote:I'm really dissappointed with the whole team today, that just killed my weekend. Everyone is at blame! For me, harry changed the team too much and there was no shape to the team. Should of started with Hudds, the midfield was lost, although little Modders was trying his hardest. Kranjcar didnt do anything, same with Palacios. Dissappointed with Crouch once again, i would have started Pav & Keane up front and we would of prob won todays game. Gutted!

Agree, i thought we lack pace in the final third, Crouch missed an absolute sittier from a bale cross identical to the one on Tuesday and crouch failed to get anywhere near it, we would have gone one up, to many changes and to many chances wasted, on that note i though Hutton, Bale , Pav , Modders all did there bit the rest were Wa-nk
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Nov 07 2010, 05:05

to many changes maybe, but the players who do come in have to be up for it and up to standard because we are going to have to change players at times but lets be honest the ones waiting in the wings are prob not up to it. today was always going to be difficult but bolton did their job well and closed us down all day. sloppy play at times and some sloppy passing did for us today and if we want to be serious contenders this has to be dealt with. i thought gallas had a bad day today , not with it at times

Post by Guest Sun Nov 07 2010, 19:04

shearspur wrote:to many changes maybe, but the players who do come in have to be up for it and up to standard because we are going to have to change players at times but lets be honest the ones waiting in the wings are prob not up to it. today was always going to be difficult but bolton did their job well and closed us down all day. sloppy play at times and some sloppy passing did for us today and if we want to be serious contenders this has to be dealt with. i thought gallas had a bad day today , not with it at times

i have said this all along shear, we have a massive squad but some arent good enough.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Nov 07 2010, 20:33

LOBO wrote:Agree, i thought we lack pace in the final third, Crouch missed an absolute sittier from a bale cross identical to the one on Tuesday and crouch failed to get anywhere near it, we would have gone one up, to many changes and to many chances wasted, on that note i though Hutton, Bale , Pav , Modders all did there bit the rest were Wa-nk

I don't want to start another thread RE:Crouch, you are right his anticipation is poor he just throughs himself and pushed around easily
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 09 2010, 03:26

lewspurs wrote:
    shearspur wrote:to many changes maybe, but the players who do come in have to be up for it and up to standard because we are going to have to change players at times but lets be honest the ones waiting in the wings are prob not up to it. today was always going to be difficult but bolton did their job well and closed us down all day. sloppy play at times and some sloppy passing did for us today and if we want to be serious contenders this has to be dealt with. i thought gallas had a bad day today , not with it at times

i have said this all along shear, we have a massive squad but some arent good enough.

Here's an article that may be of intrest to us all, Lew ...Spurs - A few good men.

A few good men.

All season we have talked of and heard that [color:cda0=#006400! important][color:cda0=#006400! important]Spurs have one of the best equipped squads in the Premiership, but it seems that we are either reluctant to change things around or Harry isn`t 100% convinced they are up for the task.

It is harsh to criticise players like Niko Kranjcar or David Bentley for their performances yesterday, as they are hardly likely to be match sharp in a league when it probably counts more than anywhere else to be up to full speed and understanding with your team-mates, but as we see others such as Robbie Keane and Giovani dos Santos, playing decreasing or no part in our season, you have to wonder if Harry will look to sell as many surplus players as possible to bring in one or two players of the highest quality possible.

We have read quite a lot of talk that Kranjcar may want to leave to seek regular
    [color:cda0=#006400! important][color:cda0=#006400! important]football and the same would apply to Keane, Gio and Bentley and with a potential to raise around £30+million for the four, would Harry be happier with a leaner and meaner squad and therefore be happier to rotate his troops with a confidence that he has less numbers, but better quality.

These new players may not have to be superstars, but players who may fit better into the blueprint that Harry feels will take the club forward. Some players such as Steven Pienaar or even Ashley Young may not be ideal choices for our fans, but we all know we are fickle enough to change our opinions when they hit the ground running and make us a better team.

Selling a quarter of our current squad in the next two windows would hardly alter our ability to become a very good and CL quality side as it shouldn`t really dent the first and best eleven, as we be looking to add quality and qualities we currently lack and letting squad players go to fund and make room.

As a side we certainly need a quality striker and perhaps a player of the qualities of Young or Pienaar to add pace and versatility to our attacking midfield which is rather average in pace without Lennon or Bale. Lose one and we lose our attacking drive and for all their quality, neither Bentley or Kranjcar offer blistering speed, so perhaps they wouldn`t be much of a loss to us or huge gain to our rivals.

Of course selling players isn`t quite as easy as we would like and it may well be that to move forward we have to bite the bullet and make uncomfortable losses of one or two, but if we can grab a bargain or two in the process, all may not be lost and it is only money after all...

When you look at our current squad, would we really miss Bentley, Kranjcar, Keane, Gio, O`Hara, Naughton, Rose or even Crouch/Pav, Palacios or Corluka in the next two windows. That is up to ten squad players, but would we lose sleep shedding ten to gain five players of genuine first team quality? Bring back Kyle Walker and we would probably only need four.

As we have witnessed with the purchase of Rafael van der Vaart, you don`t always have to pay 20-30+ million to get in exceptional quality players and are we better having eighteen players of real top quality in a very well balanced and versatile squad, than having 25 players, ten of whom hardly ever kick a ball in anger?

Perhaps we can follow the lead of a side like Chelsea who have a very lean and top quality core but are slowly integrating some of their best prospects into the side when needed, which bodes very well for their future if as seems to be the case it works well. Players such as Andros Townsend may soon be at a stage where they will be better served mixing and training as first team squad players than going on loan in the Championship and they also have the advantage of being free squad picks for the next year or so...

Many of the top managers operate with a leaner but high quality squad and I feel this is where perhaps Harry wants to be too....

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 06:26

Good article arnie and i like the fact that harry might be going for quality and not quantity.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:33