The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Who is not good enough EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Who is not good enough EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Who is not good enough EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Who is not good enough EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Who is not good enough EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Who is not good enough EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Who is not good enough EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Who is not good enough EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Who is not good enough EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Who is not good enough Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
LOBO
MarkA249
8 posters

Who is not good enough

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Who is not good enough Empty Who is not good enough

Post by MarkA249 Sun Nov 07 2010, 19:47

Right peeps after yesterdays ahem so called performance who do you think its time to get rid of or keep as squad player

Rid Bentley Kranky Gio Wilson Crouch Keane

Squad Ekotto Corluka Sandro only time will tell with him he needs time to adjust
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Who is not good enough Empty Re: Who is not good enough

Post by LOBO Sun Nov 07 2010, 21:46

MarkA249 wrote:Right peeps after yesterdays ahem so called performance who do you think its time to get rid of or keep as squad player

Rid Bentley Kranky Gio Wilson Crouch Keane

Squad Ekotto Corluka Sandro only time will tell with him he needs time to adjust

Several players for me that are inconsistent , these players can be blinding one minute dreadful the next or just a waste of time being here , Kaboul is our Titus Bramble no 2 ways about it , Palacious is always one tackle away from a Red , Crouch never consistent , Kranjcar to rusty , Jenas gets caught dwelling on the ball to much , keane just to slow no pace, Gio i feel sorry for he dont get a look in the team he would do better to move on abroad .

Players that work for the team who are consistently good player i would call real fighters.

Bale
    Modders
    Van Der Vaart
    Ekotto
    Hutton
    Thudd
    Defoe
    Pav
    Dawson
    Gallas
    Lennon

Players like Sandro need time to adjust, ive seen this kid play he is really good but he dont know the english game and needs time, bentley i would keep , he put in some decent crosses yesterday.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Nov 07 2010, 21:54

Thought Crouch was ridiculous yesterday, couldnt head the ball, couldnt hold on to the ball and first touch was a joke. Iv said before and i say again i hate the way we play with Crouch in the team. Ekotto was disastrous also giving the ball away constantly and the barge for the pen well it was school boy stuff. Bale should have been giving a rest IMO, too much emphasis on him at the min and you just knew they were going to stick 2/3 players on him yesterday and couldnt get into his stride. Kranjcar's confidence is rock bottom and is showing in his limited performances, Palacious has lost something from last season and he has to bounce back sharpish, for me Sandro is a yard too slow and very very sloppy i hope its just him adjusting to the English game and get get to grips with it soon because the size of him he could become a handful in the middle of the park. I dont know what it is with Gomes lately but everytime the ball goes near him i find myself holding my breath anticipating him doing something stupid. On the plus side Hutton looked sharp and bright getting forward, Pav was busy when he came on he needs to start more in Defoes absence and Modric was simply outstanding again, it seems as though the introduction of Van Der Vaart has brought out the very best in Modric again, he has always been fantastic but to the end of last season he seemed to fizzle out after coming back from injury but this season with the introduction of VDV he has been suberb. Anyhow onwards and upwards we host the Red and Whites on Tuesday and i hope we batter them.
    COYS

Post by Guest Sun Nov 07 2010, 23:14

krancjar,for starts.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 08 2010, 00:20

Of course Kranky is good enough Lew. He doesn't get enough games now, that's the problem. He was good enough in the past

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08 2010, 05:45

Baz ! i know he has been viewed as a bargain on here but i just see a bloke that has fck all mobility ! lought pointed out that he doesnt beat anyone with the ball, yeah lought changes from post to post but that comment hit home for me when i was struggling with an opinion on him.

He looks good when the team is playing well and winning games, but he is very poor in away games and you may as well play with ten men for all he does.

My heart sunk when i saw he was going to start the game at bolton, he just does nothing for me.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Mon Nov 08 2010, 19:39

how can u say krankjar aint good enuff when he dont get a chance. come on guys its ok to knock people but not after 1 game. harry was the problem again as far as im concerned playing a 4 5 1 formation is asking for trouble.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08 2010, 22:08

There are lots of them that are not good enough and i would name them if it wouldnt cause ex amount of arguments on here over a true opinion.

For me yid there are only the following names that would be on my list to play most games......

Bale, Lennon, Defoe, Van der Vaart, add to the list king and woodgate if they were free from injury and available.

The rest can have good games and have their outstanding days, so i am not knocking them , but we need to have the class and quality of the above players running through all the positions at the club.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 08 2010, 22:15

lewspurs wrote:

There are lots of them that are not good enough and i would name them if it wouldnt cause ex amount of arguments on here over a true opinion.

For me yid there are only the following names that would be on my list to play most games......

Bale, Lennon, Defoe, Van der Vaart, add to the list king and woodgate if they were free from injury and available.

The rest can have good games and have their outstanding days, so i am not knocking them , but we need to have the class and quality of the above players running through all the positions at the club.

thing is this is tottenham we're talking about not Chelski or mancity, we dont pay mega wages so we dont get mega stars, we make them instead, so its little wonder why our team fails from time to time because we just dont buy huge players or offer massive wages, this argument just keeps going round in cirlces, but the bottom line is we can only afford affordable players .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 09 2010, 00:44

And that Lobs is the best argument O have come.across. REPPED.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:30

BazSpur wrote:And that Lobs is the best argument O have come.across. REPPED.

Thanks Baz cheers
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:36

LOBO wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

thing is this is tottenham we're talking about not Chelski or mancity, we dont pay mega wages so we dont get mega stars, we make them instead, so its little wonder why our team fails from time to time because we just dont buy huge players or offer massive wages, this argument just keeps going round in cirlces, but the bottom line is we can only afford affordable players .

Problem is, unless you have a benefactor like Citeh and Chelski and start trying to pay massive wages, you go the way of Leeds, Manures up to their eyeballs in debt and clinging onto Chelski with no real money buy anyone.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 09 2010, 02:54

djfitzo wrote:
    LOBO wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Problem is, unless you have a benefactor like Citeh and Chelski and start trying to pay massive wages, you go the way of Leeds, Manures up to their eyeballs in debt and clinging onto Chelski with no real money buy anyone.

Thats very true, i would never want to see us do a leeds.

I honestly don't think buying Massive players is the answer, beating Inter is proof that even a team full of world stars is no garantee for sucess on the field.

our problem is ourselfs, we have this self destruct button.

I said in september i thought Scott parker would make a good player to gee the team up at half time, lew has recently touched on that fact, because for all our nice players we really dont have a General, someone of the mold of Roy Keane or Scott parker, not the most skilled players in the world, but the most committed player who would die for the cause, someone that can pull the team togeather as one . we need some of that imo - not pele
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 09 2010, 03:15

LOBO wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    LOBO wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Thats very true, i would never want to see us do a leeds.

I honestly don't think buying Massive players is the answer, beating Inter is proof that even a team full of world stars is no garantee for sucess on the field.

our problem is ourselfs, we have this self destruct button.

I said in september i thought Scott parker would make a good player to gee the team up at half time, lew has recently touched on that fact, because for all our nice players we really dont have a General, someone of the mold of Roy Keane or Scott parker, not the most skilled players in the world, but the most committed player who would die for the cause, someone that can pull the team togeather as one . we need some of that imo - not pele

True Lobo, but Scott Parker is one of the worst mercenaries playing, after Charlton, we have bid for him every time and his gone were the money is

Chelsea
    Newcastle
    West Ham (when the biscuit men were there and stayed because he was offered a fortune)

Now this is from a supposed boyhood Spurs fan, Scott Parker, no thanks

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Nov 09 2010, 03:41

I have to say i don't really like this thread i think it's a knee-jerk reaction due to a very disappointing performance & result against Bolton.

Now the main player this seems to be pointed at is Kranjcar & i have to say how can a player go from more than good enough to not worth his place in the team, in months. Well he hasn't he's just not fit, as in sharp, match fit. That's just because he hasn't been used.

Personally i think that's down to pulling out of the reserve league we could of had players not utilised week in week out still match fit playing for the reserves. But that's really for another thread.

Palacios, what's happened i think it's down to the death of his brother & his heart isn't really in it any more. But we do need him to get back to he was as we're second in the fair play league & that shows our soft middle again.

Sandro just needs to acclimatise to the pace of the Premiership & he'll be fine.

I don't think Saturdays defeat had any thing to do with inferior players, just attitude & heart after such a big game. It's some thing we're going to have to learn to keep up momentum on the back of CL games into the League games.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 09 2010, 03:52

i dont remember us having a reserve side but that seems a good point, what do the fringe players do to get match fitness.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Nov 09 2010, 05:53

YID FROM DAV wrote:i dont remember us having a reserve side but that seems a good point, what do the fringe players do to get match fitness.

Really it's only since Harry's first full season we pulled out of the reserve league,,,,, always played at Stevenage but moved to Orient. I used to enjoy going seeing our youth & up & coming players mixing with players trying to get fit & players not in the first 11 all the time. We won it a couple of years back as well.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 09 2010, 06:10

SuneJim wrote:I don't think Saturdays defeat had any thing to do with inferior players, just attitude & heart after such a big game. It's some thing we're going to have to learn to keep up momentum on the back of CL games into the League games.

The above, I agree with .........

But then theres an argument for, that Harry had lost VDV & Lennon from the Inter starting line-up so perhaps if Corluka had been bought in at right back and Hutton pushed into Lennon's position with Kranjcar coming in to fill the VDV role wouldve been better for team cohesion ?

The starting line-up was okay with me too but it were a gamble to change things like that and it didnt pay off .... I watched the Real Madrid La Liga game last night and Jose started the same eleven he did against AC Milan in midweek ....Harry had found a winning formula against Inter and perhaps he wouldve been better sticking to it or as near as or face the flak for his experimentation as is the case ..

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 06:21

LOBO wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Thats a fair comment lob and you have been repped for it, but what i get fed up with hearing is how we should walk over certain teams and then certain players (crouch) for instance getting flak for not sticking the ball in the net when the fcking so called stone wall defence lets in 4 goals, against ! YES......bolton.

The truth is and whether any like it or not on here is that certain players are part and party of a large tottenham squad, but they just arent good enough but if you name names on here you just get into an insidious argument.

We have to accept that the stars of tottenham hotspur are bale, defoe, vdv and lennon,and modric ! they are the creative heart of the team and can do so much damage to other teams by their quality, king and woodgate and daws to a lesser extent are the defensive core of the team, and until we get like cbs in we will ship goals, because for all the credit the stand in cbs get they arent in kings and woodgates class.

Having said all that, this is the team that managed 4th place in the prem last season, whats the difference ? champions league participation and all it involves, it will affect our prem form and the sooner everyone realises that the better.

We need to get through to the next stage as soon as possible, then the players can have a rest and concentrate on the league until february.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 06:57

so one game the defence let in 4 and up untill then had 3rd best defence and thats without king woody daws.

i will blame crouch because hes played every league game this season and not scored. hes there to score and hes missing sitters. 4 league goals in 2010 is awfull i wonder if had rasik had more then 3 games before fans got on hes back that me mite have scored.

i cant think of a prem striker who wouldnt have at least scored a few if he was up front at spurs.

so we cant blame the defence after 1 bad game

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:05

i have to say the few times i seen sandro play hes done nuffing. i know its early doors but i cant see much in him. and when he does play he makes wp look good

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:16

Loughtonlegend wrote:so one game the defence let in 4 and up untill then had 3rd best defence and thats without king woody daws.

i will blame crouch because hes played every league game this season and not scored. hes there to score and hes missing sitters. 4 league goals in 2010 is awfull i wonder if had rasik had more then 3 games before fans got on hes back that me mite have scored.

i cant think of a prem striker who wouldnt have at least scored a few if he was up front at spurs.

so we cant blame the defence after 1 bad game

The defence has conceded 4 against inter and 3 against young boys, and then concedes 4 against the mighty bolton, come on lought wake up, the defence is makeshift and its beginning to catch up with us, harry doesnt play bassong because he has no faith in him, he prefers kaboul and an unfit gallas.

We have a great defence when king and daws or woodgate are fit, but you are highlighting crouch all the time, and he has been crap but so have loads of the other players.

I keep pointing out that we have 5 quality players in bale, defoe,modric, vdv and lennon, the rest are just ok imo, they do have their good days, ekotto does, along with hutton, kaboul thud etc, but they arent of the same quality...........but as lobo says we havent got chelsea,s budget.?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:18

Loughtonlegend wrote:i have to say the few times i seen sandro play hes done nuffing. i know its early doors but i cant see much in him. and when he does play he makes wp look good

Totally agree ! he,s crap....dont believe in this settling in stuff ! vdv didnt need settling in time, or pav when he first came to spurs.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:29

yep good players dont need time to settle in. the only thing he maybe hes fitness isnt up right yet but you would think if he wasnt fit harry wouldnt play him

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:42

I just thought that after the waiting and waiting on sandro that we would be disappointed ! nothing to base my assumption on at all before i am slaughtered for saying that, yeah so lets see in a few weeks time when the old match fitness thingy cant be used in his favour.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:09