The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye !

Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! Empty Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye !

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 01:12

With all the debate going on at the moment i just cant understand why posters on here cant see the fcking problem and thats injuries to key players, a second choice central defence pairing and lack of a prolific striker.

Blame harry or crouch or who you like, we have to ride out the present point dropping and do the best we can under the circumstances.

If we carry on blaming harry we will have another jol situation and we know how that ended, jol lost most of his defenders that last fatal season , much the same as harry has lost key players this term, see it through lads because there will be indifferent results until we get players back.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! Empty Re: Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye !

Post by cynicsid Thu Nov 11 2010, 03:45

Now there's something I can agree with,

I was at the game tuesday and as far as I could tell the players were all performing well, especially in the first half, We bossed that game all over the park,

But I will say there was one aspect of Spurs performance that was appauling last night, The fans. We were shyte. I was in the opposet corner to the away fans and could hear them thoughout the game. And as the game went on the lack of support was telling, We had some terriblr refereeing go against us and yes we had a go a the ref but that was it. And then booing at the end of the match like the players need telling how poor there doing.

This negative attitude will bring down the club just as it has many times before. Not just at Spurs but look at Newcastle, fans made it impossible to perform and so they went down. We are right in that place now, crap fans could ruin everything thats been built up in a single season. You can already tell Harry's p*ssed off with it, the next step for him is to say bollox then why should he bother about the club.

I can also tell you that in the players lounge last night were a team of coaches and staff from Man City. So you dont need me to tell you what that means. When the players start getting tapped up I'd like to think they feel a bit of loyalty to the club. All this negative crap is going to make sure they go at the first oppertunity. After all, why should they care?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 11 2010, 04:12

Yep , the fans were dissapointing last night and the truth has to be said they generally are when we play teams we expect to beat ..... Bring on The Goons or the champions of Europe and the following day you can be forgiven for thinking 35,000 Spurs fans are suffering acute laryngitis......

But I do have some sympathy with the modern day fan too ...Take my Cousin and nephew ...They've travelled from Dymchurch South Kent three times this season ... Their memberships gives them a chance to get to those games that are not immediately sold out ...Three games they've been too this season ... They 're , Wigan , Everton & Sunderland ... Thats no wins , 2 draws and one defeat, 2 goals scored and 3 conceeded and as he said to me on the phone earlier , the two goals they've seen scored are carbon copies of each other . ie. flick down , prod in from a yard out .... All that , at a cost of a near £400 for the three games ...

Whilst Im not one to boo or condone booing and neither are my cousin and nephew , a groan from a few thousand at the end of the game is understandable? Maybe the £80,000 per week Harry dont think so but plenty do...
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Nov 11 2010, 05:30

Not so much the grone at the end but the lack of support from the start, & the way Bentley was geer'd I should think he went home and packed a bag. Negative fans are only ever a bad thing for a club, justyfied or not. I also think that there a re lot of poeple like your cousens that go to occational matches, myself included. When I go, i want the experiance to be a good one I dont want to sit & listen to a load of booing;. The last thing I'm thinking of right now is taking someone along for their first trip to a match so where do the next generation of fans come from?
    Clubs like Man U have one off visiter making up a large part of the crowd. I bet we dont.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Nov 11 2010, 05:34

Yeah no atmosphere last night but did the team do anything to raise them. Regards Bentley dunno if you noticed but at the final whistle he sprinted straight down the tunnel.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 11 2010, 07:02

Agree with the lack of support throughout the match and Ive said so in my first post ...It seems to me the WHL crowd are only up for the big games , an accusation they often hurl out our players ..

Having said that , Harry is not at a small city with it's one club anymore and many of our fans travel distances, from all over to be there... Perhaps he should take a leaf out of Jol's book with regards to the fans and not come across with the arrogant stuff, like as if we're playing Brazilian style football...
    He could easily say "we're all dissapointed, none more so than the players and we hope to make it up to the great fans in the next game' ... bullsh*t I know but he often tells the media that the modern players are out of touch with the fans , well I happen to think he displayed a similar trait with his after match comments .

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 07:16

i thought they was booing the ref. i think its bad harry moaning at the fans about the booing. maybe if harry came out and said he dont want the england job and wants to stay at spurs then they fans mite start singing hes name

whats the differnce in harry sayin he would like the england job who wouldnt
    to bale or modric sayin man u who woulndt wana play for them
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Nov 11 2010, 09:47

seebee1944 wrote:

Yeah no atmosphere last night but did the team do anything to raise them. Regards Bentley dunno if you noticed but at the final whistle he sprinted straight down the tunnel.
    Yeah they did actually, Loads.

1st Half we was all over them, few shots at goal Thudd rattled the cross bar Pav had a couple of near misses VdV had a few as well.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 11 2010, 09:56

I also thought in that first half there were some good play from our team ...I were happy but I must admit my heart sank a bit on hearing Crouch was coming on for Pav.. I thought Harry you t**t but then the commentator said Pav was injured lol

I
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Nov 11 2010, 10:14

lewspurs wrote:

With all the debate going on at the moment i just cant understand why posters on here cant see the fcking problem and thats injuries to key players, a second choice central defence pairing and lack of a prolific striker.

Blame harry or crouch or who you like, we have to ride out the present point dropping and do the best we can under the circumstances.

If we carry on blaming harry we will have another jol situation and we know how that ended, jol lost most of his defenders that last fatal season , much the same as harry has lost key players this term, see it through lads because there will be indifferent results until we get players back.

I can't see your argument, why is it our injury situation is ten times worse than any other prem team who have long injury lists, i was always lead to believe the manager was soley responsible for the team, we had injuries last season, king has not been right for 3 or 4 seasons , i think to blame it on injuries is just another excuse, we still manage to field 11 players each week, and like Hason says the strength in depth of our squad can match anyone's in the prem.

I think we need a leader, until we get one i dont think we're going anywhere fast

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 10:17

Yup Lobs and that leader is needed on the pitch. It's one thing we seem to be missing. A vocal, reliable player who leads by example and gets the players around him lifting their games . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 11:05

LOBO wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

I can't see your argument, why is it our injury situation is ten times worse than any other prem team who have long injury lists, i was always lead to believe the manager was soley responsible for the team, we had injuries last season, king has not been right for 3 or 4 seasons , i think to blame it on injuries is just another excuse, we still manage to field 11 players each week, and like Hason says the strength in depth of our squad can match anyone's in the prem.

I think we need a leader, until we get one i dont think we're going anywhere fast

Well thats the problem lob and others on here is the strength in depth of the squad and all answers come through that old chestnut, that we have a good squad of players and therefore we shouldnt put in bad performances.

Lets put it like this if you think my argument is an excuse, how many players in the squad would get games if the following were always available for selection, gomes,corluka.king,woodgate,dawson,ekotto,modric,bale,vdv,hudd,lennon,defoe. thats my point mate, the jenas,s bassongs et al wouldnt get a look in, because that is the core of redknapps team with pav ,crouch and hutton keane, and bassong playing at bench warming.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 11:51

vis i agree we need a leader but we cant rely on king. hes been like this for passed 3 seasons and we new king wouldnt play every game this season so did harry.

lew its not just us with injurys. the goons had walcot out for weeks and ceces and they had there center backs and goalie out for ages but they just get on with it

vermalon alumina van p bedner walcot nasri or just a few they had out.

we aint doing well because we have 1 man up front and in front of goal hes crap.

harewood elmander jones the wigan striker all these less glamore players scoring unlike crouch who has lennon vdv hudd bale bentley settin him up every game
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Nov 11 2010, 20:10

VisionarySound wrote:Yup Lobs and that leader is needed on the pitch. It's one thing we seem to be missing. A vocal, reliable player who leads by example and gets the players around him lifting their games . . . . .

Yes we actually agree for once cheers lol! Hear ye ! hear ye ! hear ye ! 959550
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Nov 11 2010, 20:12

lewspurs wrote:
    LOBO wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Well thats the problem lob and others on here is the strength in depth of the squad and all answers come through that old chestnut, that we have a good squad of players and therefore we shouldnt put in bad performances.

Lets put it like this if you think my argument is an excuse, how many players in the squad would get games if the following were always available for selection, gomes,corluka.king,woodgate,dawson,ekotto,modric,bale,vdv,hudd,lennon,defoe. thats my point mate, the jenas,s bassongs et al wouldnt get a look in, because that is the core of redknapps team with pav ,crouch and hutton keane, and bassong playing at bench warming.

fair point lew, then its up to us to buy the right quality of player in the future if these players arnt really good enough to replace our injured

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 23:26

Thats where the problem starts though lob , get in like for like players and the ideal thing is to rotate fairly, if you dont they will soon be asking for moves, unless you are man city where lots of their players are just their for the dosh.

In my opinion we do have able fill in players, i am not knocking them because they can only improve and rise to the challenge of playing regular prem footie, but they arent the same as the preferred players i mentioned earlier, i also think its time that harry stopped loaning out the townsend,s obika and walker and give youth a chance, ffs where would we be if bale wasnt given his chance?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:43