The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Telling a tale ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Telling a tale ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Telling a tale ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Telling a tale ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Telling a tale ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Telling a tale ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Telling a tale ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Telling a tale ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Telling a tale ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Telling a tale ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Telling a tale !

Telling a tale ! Empty Telling a tale !

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14 2010, 23:40

I was looking at the for and against stats for spurs in the premiership this season, and comparing them to other teams, one aspect that i noticed was that teams like everton,bolton and fulham have less goals against than us.

Now its obvious that you have to take who we and these respective teams have played this season but, if you were to go purely by this statistical statement then you have to say that our defence is in fact no better, in fact worse than those teams, and the added fact that we dont keep a clean sheet any game bares out that message, so is it because we have lost king, dawson or both ? does it mean that kaboul and gallas should be simply second choice when those injured players return or should we be looking at the likes of cahill,hangeland and maybe jagielka ?

Then the goals for ! well if we aim to be a top 4 side again then shouldnt we have a goals ratio somewhere in the range that the top 4 clubs have now?

A lot of us on here have bemoaned the loss of defoe ! would he have made the difference ? its a debatable subject ! we obviously cant rely on crouch to score more goals because he simply doesnt have the tools to do so, and pav is in and out the team like a fiddlers elbow.

So ! to sum everything up if you went by those stats alone you would have to say that harry should be looking to buy a striker, and a decent centre back come january as has often been mentioned on here, and the age old question is ..................................WHO? Surprised

Telling a tale ! Empty Re: Telling a tale !

Post by Guest Mon Nov 15 2010, 01:40

According to the meeja rumour mill Upson is being talked about (again). Jaglealka is a fine defender that you mention Lew. As for strikers I cannot see to many out there that we can tempt or that clubs would be willing to part with. Arnie mentioned Raul in another thread and I would agree with him that he may have worked as a short-term solution. This season's league is even tighter than last and some results are eye opening to say the least. My feeling is that as long as we are in touching distance of the top four slots (say no more than 6 points adrift) around Christmas we will be OK. This season is going to be full of twists & turns and could very well be the most exciting for some years . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Nov 15 2010, 08:45

since upson came back from injury last xmas thats when west ham got worse. i dont want him. bassong better.

jagilker loooks good as does cahill
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Nov 15 2010, 10:46

Loughtonlegend wrote:since upson came back from injury last xmas thats when west ham got worse. i dont want him. bassong better.

jagilker loooks good as does cahill

Definitely no Upson

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 21:22