The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
cstmrking EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
cstmrking EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
cstmrking EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
cstmrking EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
cstmrking EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
cstmrking EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
cstmrking EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
cstmrking EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
cstmrking EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

cstmrking Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

cstmrking

cstmrking Empty cstmrking

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16 2010, 12:17

Here you go

Pavlyuchenko over the last 76 games in all competitions (His time at Spurs).
    League played: 55 scored: 14
    Domestic played: 17 scored: 14
    Europe played: 4 scored: 4
    total played: 76 scored: 32 Gl/G ratio: 0.42

Crouch over HIS Spurs games:
    League played: 51 scored: 9 (bearing in mind he started way more than Pav)
    Domestic played: 3 scored: 4
    Europe played: 3 scored: 5
    57 played 18 scored Gl/G ratio: 0.31. Oh.

Robbie Keane?
    League played: 38 scored: 11
    Domestic played: 4 scored: 4
    Europe played: 2 scored: 0
    44 played 15 scored Gl/G ratio: 0.34. Still better than Crouch over less games.

Finally, our man JD.
    League played: 42 scored: 21
    Domestic played: 11 scored: 7
    Europe played: 0 surprisingly
    so 53 played 28 scored Gl/G ratio of...0.52!

These figures scream what every Spurs fan knows. Crouch is by far our worst striker, possibly EVER, Keane is not much better, Pavlyuchenko does very well on what little time he is allowed to play and JD is our best striker. But what do these figures compare like to other strikers around the world?

Well Drogba's for the past two seasons are:
    League played: 56 scored: 34
    Domestic played: 14 scored: 9
    Europe played: 15 scored: 8
    played 85 scored 51 Gl/G ratio: 0.6 for 08/09 and 10.
    Torres?
    League played: 35 scored: 23
    Domestic played:2 scored: 0
    Europe played: 10 scored: 4
    47 played 27 scored Gl/G ratio: 0.57. for the last two "injury infested" seasons.

We desperately need our good striker. even Liverpiss have got one, and though Pavlyuchenko and Defoe are both good in their own right, they are not at this level.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

cstmrking Empty Re: cstmrking

Post by shearspur Wed Nov 17 2010, 03:09

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]

These figures scream what every Spurs fan knows. Crouch is by far our worst striker, possibly EVER,
    WTF.I DONT THINK SO.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 05:30

Rasiak ? Thing is Lought you have to look at the bigger picture and what Crouchinio does for the team when he is on the pitch. You will scream he does feck all and Pavy does more but IMO Crouchinio is more of a team player than Pavy and offers more than him in ALL areas of the pitch. This is not to say I rate one player as 'better' than the other as they both play for Spurs so have my support. Watch him with neutral eyes rather than one's clouded with disdain for a change. A better striker ? NO ! ! ! Pavy is a more natural goal-scorer and has more, shall say we say, va-va-voom than Hidden Tiger Crouching Talent.But if you look away from the 18 yard box attacking areas of the pitch than I have to say Crouchinio offers a more balanced option so you have to decide which player in which game offers you the most of what is required in that particular game. But it is my belief that 'arry see's what 3meterPeter achieves on the pitch for the greater good rather than as an individual. I also feel that, as I've stated elsewhere, 'arry see's him as more of an impact sub than anything else. Whether this is right or wrong (or even a correct assumption on my part) time alone will tell. You have mentioned that I knocked Pavy for his input on Saturday. What I knocked him for was the criminal miss when one-on-one with Robbo than a penelty that would have shamed a schoolboy. I would also have criticised Crouch should he have missed 2 such gilt edged chances. It isn't a case of prefering one or the other it is a wish to see both players preform to the best of their various abilities and to see 'arry utulise both players in a way that benefits Spurs . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 06:21

but crouch has missed sitters in nearly every game. Look your right crouch does work harder then pav and hes so good in our own box when defending set peices.

You cant comnpare rasaik as he had about 4 games for us.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 07:23

I wouldn't say Crouch has missed 'sitters' in every game Lought but it's true he has missed a fair few (Vs Inter Milan at San Siro 28 minutes will always remain with me). The point I am trying to make is how I think 'arry sees it as well. My opinion of Crouchinio is he is an honest work horse definately not a thorough breed. Pavy is a skittish colt with the wind up his tail. There I managed to use a horse analogy to sum up 2 of our strikers ({would this make Defoe a Shetland Pony & Keane fit for the glue factory ?} [at least I didn't use donkeys lol]). Both players add a different edge to the team when they play and we just need 'arry to harness it (another horse reference lol) to compliment the team on a regular basis . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Nov 17 2010, 08:31

Lought many thanks for putting that up for me. I was just curious to see how our strikers measured up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 02:30