The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Emmanuel ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Emmanuel ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Emmanuel ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Emmanuel ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Emmanuel ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Emmanuel ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Emmanuel ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Emmanuel ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Emmanuel ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Emmanuel ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
MarkA249
LOBO
6 posters

Emmanuel ?

Emmanuel ? Empty Emmanuel ?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30 2010, 18:51

Wonder if theres any creedence to this story ! adebayer loaned to spurs in the transfer window?

Seems like harry is keen..................could it happen? answers on a postcard to ..mr redknapp. c/o n17.london jocolor
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Emmanuel ? Empty Re: Emmanuel ?

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 30 2010, 19:00

risky if you ask me , he has the ability but his attitude is worse than Taraabts by all accounts
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Nov 30 2010, 19:56

LOBO wrote:risky if you ask me , he has the ability but his attitude is worse than Taraabts by all accounts

Would not go that far no ones that bad lol! but id take him like a shot to be honest everyone was slagging Gallas attitude have we seen any of it nope Gallas made captain win 3 on bounce leader is what he is. Hadabadhairday hates goones as much as us now think he would do well for us
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Nov 30 2010, 20:13

Oh this story has made me laugh,,,,,,,,, regardless of whether we would take him or Harry likes him it won't happen.

Why is Bellamy at Cardiff,,,, because Man City don't want him, BUT! they don't want anyone else chasing them in the Premiership to have him. Ok Bellamy has put a positive spin on it playing for his home town club, but give him the chance of playing in Europe & in the Premiership at this stage of his career & he'd have bitten your hand off.

So that is exactly why this move will never happen, Citeh wouldn't let it simple as, no matter what we would want.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 30 2010, 20:29

SuneJim wrote:Oh this story has made me laugh,,,,,,,,, regardless of whether we would take him or Harry likes him it won't happen.

Why is Bellamy at Cardiff,,,, because Man City don't want him, BUT! they don't want anyone else chasing them in the Premiership to have him. Ok Bellamy has put a positive spin on it playing for his home town club, but give him the chance of playing in Europe & in the Premiership at this stage of his career & he'd have bitten your hand off.

So that is exactly why this move will never happen, Citeh wouldn't let it simple as, no matter what we would want.

Not forgetting jim after many season's of chanting " adebayor adebayor Your dad Washes elephants and your mum's a Whole " at him i don't think he would want to come anyway LOL

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30 2010, 21:59

SuneJim wrote:Oh this story has made me laugh,,,,,,,,, regardless of whether we would take him or Harry likes him it won't happen.

Its as plain as a pikestaff jim that city dont want to help strengthen any of their premiership competitors, apparently though (could be paper rubbish) ? city havent actually denied the rumour.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Nov 30 2010, 23:17

Far be it from me to wander through the canyons on Arry's mind and why he might fancy taking the Togolese nutcase on but with Pavlyuchenko and Crouch already on the books, and both playing well, why on earth would you want another tall central striker ? ( who is certainly not playing well despite his £150k a week wage) Smile
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Dec 01 2010, 00:44

Beats me Nic but Arry does have the knack of seeing things in players that others don't see. He also has the knack of getting the best out of players look at billy Gallas now. He is playing very well.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 01 2010, 00:58

I have to say Baz the first half of last season when he was paired with Vermaelen Gallas played his best football in an Arsenal shirt during his time at the club - pity he could not stay fit for the season. Shrewd bit of business to bring him in as cover.

The problem with Billy is not when he is playing well though, it is when he is playing badly - he is no easy character

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Dec 01 2010, 01:03

I think Arry has been shrewd though Nic. I am sure if Dawson and Woody were fit Billy would only be used as cover. That certainly would be true if King, Woody and Dawson were fit. At the moment Gallas is doing the business and it's down to Arry IMO.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01 2010, 03:49

i wouldnt mind him but it wont happen. they wont sell plus gallas and adyabwhore dont get on.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01 2010, 07:59

No thanks. Give me an instance how he would be an improvement on what we already have at Spurs ? Will he get us 25+ goals a season ? Will he have assists that bring other players goals ? Will he have the footballing brain to unlock tight defences ? Will he have the pace to beat defenders ? Will he improve our squad. I don't think so . . . . ..
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Dec 02 2010, 02:47

He's a whinger, a team spirit breaker & from what i can see a quitter things are a bit tough at Citeh, don't have the heart to fight for my place think i want out instead. Stuff the bloke don't want him.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Dec 02 2010, 03:55

I agree with the No's here , I cant see it happening simpley because he's at City and then theres the £150,000 per week wages ...

I'd rather we ship out Keane and then heavily invest in a player like the young Lukaku from Anderlecht or Suarez from Ajax... Its a gamble I know but then so is Adybayor ...

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03 2010, 07:09

From todays Mirror, that Bible of painstakingly honest football facts . . . . .

Emmanuel Adebayor is ready to go to war with Manchester City to force a loan move to Tottenham in January.

Former Gunners striker Adebayor is desperate to go to Spurs, even though he knows it would make him even more of a hate figure among Arsenal fans than he already is.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp, who already caused a furore by signing former Arsenal captain William Gallas, is keen on Adebayor and even wants City to pay half of his £120,000-a-week wages so he fits into the wage structure.

Adebayor, 26, has had a succession of bust-ups with City boss Roberto Mancini and they are now ready to let him go out on loan in January.

City have drawn up a hit-list of players they are ready to do business on in January and Adebayor is at the top along with the likes of Roque Santa Cruz and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Big-spending City have been reluctant to sell to any of their top four rivals and refused to let Craig Bellamy go to Tottenham last summer.

Liverpool have been sounded out as City would far rather Adebayor goes to Anfield but it is believed they are so keen to offload him they are seriously considering doing a deal with Tottenham.

There has also been interest from Juventus but Adebayor is keen to stay in England even if it means becoming public enemy number one at Arsenal.

Adebayor has had a string of rows with Mancini and now the City boss regards him as a troublesome figure. Adebayor will use that as a weapon if he needs to force his way out in January because he is desperate to get more regular games.

But Adebayor must still overcome the huge obstacle of persuading City not only to let him go to Tottenham but to also to get them to pay half his wages to help a rival club potentially finish above them.

Redknapp believes Adebayor could help Tottenham make a push for the title and, having won over the fans on Gallas, believes the ex-Arsenal striker would be accepted at White Hart Lane.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 00:09