The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
BazSpur
MarkA249
SuneJim
LOBO
anicoll5
ArnieArdiles
HotspurRoper
11 posters

Birmingham City Match Thread

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Birmingham City Match Thread

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 05 2010, 03:42

FFS why were we sitting back. 1-1.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Dec 05 2010, 03:46

Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 994919

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05 2010, 03:55

THAT WAS BOLLOX.!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 05 2010, 03:56

We sat back and let them come onto us for most of the second half. That and missed opportunities.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05 2010, 03:56

you could of put your house on that being a draw. 2 points dropped
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Dec 05 2010, 03:58

Lack of killer instinct in front of goal

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05 2010, 03:58

thy was rubbish. if we kept attackin we would of beat them.
    i thought crouch played well holding the ball up but he just cant shoot.

galas again played well. what else can you say.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 05 2010, 04:02

Like Seebee says we lacked killer instinct in front of goal today. I felt they were there for the taking if we kept attacking. Well disappointed with that.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05 2010, 04:04

Defoes not Fit .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Dec 05 2010, 04:04

We gifted that to them cave people Brummies ....... ......

Citeh and Goons win too so not good....... Birmingham City Match Thread - Page 2 65743

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05 2010, 04:05

We lacked desire.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Dec 05 2010, 04:24

Defoe was getting battered , Max ....And rather than lack of desire I think it was just a case of not being classy enough in our attacks........
    Check that goons Nasri opening goal tonight on MOTD ...Its that kind of finishing we're missing from our game pale
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Dec 05 2010, 04:25

I thought we looked way better then them, Defoe was sharp but didnt want to pass glory hog, Crouch was all at sixes & nines , ok nice little flick on's but needed to many touches infront of goal, the team over all played well i thought. again though we have lost that chance to really close the gap, instead its got wider again
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Dec 05 2010, 04:26

seebee1944 wrote:

Lack of killer instinct in front of goal

This....
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Dec 05 2010, 05:16

I'm gutted we didnt win the game, we were superb in the 1st half, crisp attacking football ! but as you guys said, no killer instinct in front of goal ! Should of been 3-0 Spurs at half time and the points would have been in the bag!

In the 2nd half we just sat back and let them attack ! We badly missed an attacking midfielder (VDV or Thudds). But once again, we failed in defence for their scrappy goal!

All in all, St Andrews is not an easy place to go to, so a point isnt bad, but we could of so easily won that game!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Dec 05 2010, 05:28

Harry has said in his post match interview that in the second-half we were to deep and not pressing them like we did first 45 mins ....
    Well if he felt that , do we think its not a little odd he used just the one substitute ?......He does this to often for my liking ...

Obviously he dont have enough confidence in Sandro as yet but Wilson was tiring and maybe there could've been a subsitution there ?

Also .......Crouch couldve been subbed and Dawson bought on last 15 minutes to man-mark that Zigic who was their aerial target in the pursuit of an equaliser ?.....

Yet again Harry has dissapointed me with his use of the subs bench , a bench that we keep hearing is one of the best in the league .......

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05 2010, 05:40

spot on arnie. i would of taken crouch of not because he was playing bad but leavin defoe up front with pav. wp should of been taken off he looked nackerd. again harry just sits there and does nuffing. he always waits untill we go behind before we make changes.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Dec 05 2010, 05:49

Its not a gaurantee we wouldve won the game Lought but hearing Harry on Sky Sports saying we wernt so good in the second half and Brum were more at it, has me thinking why he dont use the subs ..
    Harry done similar at home to Sunderland , on that occasion didnt use any subs.....
    Very frustrating losing points from winning positions against teams assembled at a considrably less cost to ours ...
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 05 2010, 06:22

ArnieArdiles wrote: Its not a gaurantee we wouldve won the game Lought but hearing Harry on Sky Sports saying we wernt so good in the second half and Brum were more at it, has me thinking why he dont use the subs ..
    Harry done similar at home to Sunderland , on that occasion didnt use any subs.....
    Very frustrating losing points from winning positions against teams assembled at a considrably less cost to ours ...

Spot on Arnie. I posted much the same not so long ago.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Dec 05 2010, 06:50

The thing is Baz.... Brum didnt even have to be that cute ...Just extra effort from them and put on another forward , a big target at that and lump it his way.. Their threat was increasing and our manager didnt respond .....

Our attempts at scoring were poor but today our manager was also poor ...

Judging by what Im reading on other forums, it seems you can say a player has had a stinker but not likewise the manager .....
    Im ready for the fickle accusations Basketball lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 05 2010, 06:57

Do you think he should have brought Pav on much sooner? I do. I don't think Pav had enough time to really get into the game.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Dec 05 2010, 07:49

Pav to me looked p*ssed off coming on with so little playing time Baz and its never really worked with him and Crouch has it ? ... On the touchline as Pav was about to come on , Harry was barking out instructions in his ear but he didnt look that intrested to me ...

As I said, Harry in his Sky interview said we wernt doing it in the second half and Birmingham were, so waiting until 10 minutes before the end to try something different seemed strange....
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 05 2010, 07:53

I agree Arnie. I was expecting Arry to take Crouch off but nope he takes off Defoe. I thought the same thing about Pav when he was waiting to come on. He really wasn't listening.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Dec 05 2010, 08:00

I think Keane is away in January and Pav to follow in the summer ...
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 05 2010, 08:07

I think you're right Arnie. For some reason Arry doesn't like Pav and Keano has had his day I'm afraid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 06:01