The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Golden Oldies. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Golden Oldies. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Golden Oldies. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Golden Oldies. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Golden Oldies. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Golden Oldies. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Golden Oldies. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Golden Oldies. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Golden Oldies. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Golden Oldies. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Golden Oldies.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Golden Oldies. Empty Golden Oldies.

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 02 2010, 05:24

I am starting a thread called bring back the golden oldies. Why not? Starting with Teddy. Yes he's a little over the hill but he looks young and he would solve our striker problem. Then there's Hoddle. I am sure Hod the God could step up and be just like his old self. How about gazza? He's off the wagon now apparently. I am sure Lineker could be tempted away from the MOTD studios to turn out for us on those cold wintry afternoons. Silly thread? Of course it is thay are gone and will never come back. Just like some of our other players that are never to return but if any of you can think of anyone else we could bring back......be my guest.

Golden Oldies. Empty Re: Golden Oldies.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 05:38

i rekon linker would stil score more then crouch if he goal hang in the pen area lol.

you dont need a player to run all over the pitch just pass it to the creative players. Ill give hoddle a miss as the hudd has more to hes game then hoddle lol and hes only 22

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 08:48

Greavies would get us that magical 25+ a season tally, and pair him with Chivers and we may get 45+ a season. Sweet . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 09:03

yep he would. i want a striker to hang around the box. thats why i get fed up when keane played and would come to the halfway line to get the ball

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 09:23

[b]And when did Keane last play Lought ? Ye Gods the guy don't get a game and he's in your sights for it . .. . [/b].
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 02 2010, 09:31

We had a striker who used to hang around the box area and get pinged regularly for being offside. I can remember you banging on about him constantly on the AOHELL boards Lought, young Jermaine Defoe.

We don't need a goal hanger, we need intelligent movement and clinical finishing.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 02 2010, 09:32

Repped Baz.

The sarcasm in that post was so thick you could cut it with a knife, and you know how I just lerve sarcasm.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 02 2010, 09:52

Thanks ion. A rep back for falling into what I was getting at. Not much passes you by does it mate? lol!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 09:59

ion We don't need a goal hanger, we need intelligent movement and clinical finishing.

And thats not defoe. hes always offside. hardly ever scores. he was so greedy sat and refused to pass to crouch.

did you see hes miss. he blasted the ball at carrigar when he had the whole goal to aim for. defoe is 28 now and has not won nuffin.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 10:11

See my post titled Crouchinio. We should never have allowed Gilzean to leave . . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Dec 02 2010, 10:27

Ozzie for me, i know he wasnt a striker but he could score more goals in his sleep than wayne :P or ferdinand
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 02 2010, 18:08

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]ion We don't need a goal hanger, we need intelligent movement and clinical finishing.

And thats not defoe.

Really? I think you'll find that his game has come on somewhat. He is still rated by many as one of the most natural goal predators in the English game and, invariably, hits the target, making the keeper earn his coin.

hes always offside.

Not in the last couple of games and nowhere near as much, in recent memory, as he was in his first spell with us.

hardly ever scores.

You're kidding right?

he was so greedy sat and refused to pass to crouch.

Well I saw him putting in a couple of very intelligent through balls but, in general, you are correct. He is greedy.

Which, for the majority of the time, is fine by me. I want to see my strikers striking at goal. If you want to see slide rule passes around the penalty box then go watch the goons. I've said before, I'm not interested in seeing my team bamboozle opposition, I want to see them cutting their heart out. A predatory striker does this for you.

I've gotta laugh here actually Lought. I've seen you complaining incessantly about Crouch not being able to hit the target and how he's there to score goals, not set them up. Then you have Defoe, who is the opposite, and you're unhappy with him because he's going for goal rater than setting his partner up!

One thing I can say for you my friend, you're consistently inconsistent!
    lmao

did you see hes miss.

Yes.

he blasted the ball at carrigar when he had the whole goal to aim for.

No he didn't. He blasted the ball low and Carragher went to ground with his leg partially outstretched, away from his body. Defoe could definitelyhave done better but he's ring rusty and Carragher got lucky.

defoe is 28 now and has not won nuffin.

And this means that he will win nothing for the rest of his career?

Only if he leaves the Spurs.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 02 2010, 21:36

Repped again ion.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03 2010, 03:18

defoe is not a natural goalscorer. even hansen said it. and he should know.

your telling me hes in the same mould as ian wright linkekr van nistory. they know how to score tap ins. defoe just puts hes head down and smashes the ball.

he does seem to have inproved hes game which is about time as hes 28 now. but hes goals in 2010 have have poor even when he was startin games from jan onwards. it just goes to show how poor crouch and defoe or when pav our top scorer in 2010
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Dec 03 2010, 08:42

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]defoe is not a natural goalscorer. even hansen said it. and he should know.

That's right he should .................. Being a centre half and all that hey?

Didn't Hansen also say that you can't win the title with kids, Spurs won't make the Champions League and England were good enough to win the World Cup?

Yep, take note of Hansen Lought, he's right on the ball him!
    lmao

your telling me hes in the same mould as ian wright linkekr van nistory.

No I didn't. If you're going to try to cast doubt on my posts Lought, quote me and show what I've said is wrong, don't 'put words in my mouth' and then rubbish them because it suits your argument.

they know how to score tap ins. defoe just puts hes head down and smashes the ball.

And scores goals whilst he's doing it. How many strikers in the Prem actually scored more goals than him last season? If you need 2 hands to count them I'll be surprised.

he does seem to have inproved hes game which is about time as hes 28 now. but hes goals in 2010 have have poor even when he was startin games from jan onwards. it just goes to show how poor crouch and defoe or when pav our top scorer in 2010

I've been saying this for a while now. Whilst we have strikers that can do a job, none of them are that 'Marquee' type striker that every top spot challenger needs. The strikers we have will always score goals, just not consistently enough and not with the conversion rates needed to make the real diffence needed.
    We will always have games where the chances are few and need to be taken, in these games a strike rate of one in 4/5 is not good enough and will cost us points. Defoe, in form, can do this but he is not consistent enough and needs that type of striker alongside him to reduce that conversion rate. I still think we should go all out to net Torres, 'Pool are done, IMO, and he'll be missing out on a lot of CL if he stays. His conversion rate is unquestionably up there with the very best of them.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Dec 03 2010, 08:48

Torres........ been saying this for months mate and took a bit of stick in the process! santa
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Dec 03 2010, 08:51

HotspurRoper wrote:Torres........ been saying this for months mate and took a bit of stick in the process! santa

You and me both Lee. I said at the end of last season that we should put in a cheeky bid, test the waters if you will.

Now I think we should show them, or him in particular, that we are deadly serious, letting him know that he is the last piece of the jigsaw to see us REALLY tilt at the title.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Dec 03 2010, 08:58

I dont see why not, now iv been told off a few that were not big nor good enough for Torres. What a load of old bollox, were showing now we can mix it with the best of them!!
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Dec 03 2010, 08:58

and were growing all the time!

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03 2010, 09:37

but would they sell to us. i would love to get him.

he would fit right in at spurs. imagine the chances we would create for him. thats got to be better then the players hes playing with at liverpool plus we have champions league football

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:28