The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
We could be doing better ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
We could be doing better ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
We could be doing better ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
We could be doing better ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
We could be doing better ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
We could be doing better ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
We could be doing better ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
We could be doing better ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
We could be doing better ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

We could be doing better ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

We could be doing better !

We could be doing better ! Empty We could be doing better !

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04 2010, 08:19

Injuries aside ! many of us have this week discussed the fact that hutton and ekotto are both seemingly reluctant to bring their respective forward wingers into the game as often as they could, jim points out that this fact disgusts him and in all truth it does me too.

Then we saw hutton telling gallas to fck off when he misplaced a pass and got a mouthful ! well that is sh*t from hutton, he has a captain for a fcking reason and that is to tell w*nkers like hutton to stop giving the fcking ball away and buck their ideas up.

There is no place in a team game like football for idiots, the end result is that all the blokes work toward the same end and that is a victory for the side---------tottenham hotspur.

Hutton has improved but is a miserable cnut and should realise that his forward runs end in the same miserable way his face looks all the time, lennon is better at doing what hutton attempts to do, marauding forward, ffs hutton, get the ball to lennon and let him do the fancy stuff and fcking well defend for your life.

And assou-ekotto......you are a great left back, but dont bypass someone who can win matches and bonus payments for you....(self confessed mercenary) bale is so much better at going forward than you.

The point of this post is self evident, we have discussed the merits of these players and could be doing so much better...........with team work..............no place in this game of football for ego,s......its a team game and at tottenham we want a team that works for one another... santa
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

We could be doing better ! Empty Re: We could be doing better !

Post by cynicsid Sat Dec 04 2010, 09:49

Jury is out on this one Lew,

I cant make up my mind as to this not being all part of the game plane.

2 Attacking wingers
    2 Attacking full backs

Each having their time, running at the defenders of the oppo, End of the match we have 2 very tired full backs to take on and some pretty fresh electric quick wingers to do it. Stick crouchy up there, beat the full backs and get the crosses and shots in.

I cant see it that Hutton just isn't doing as he's told, he took so long to get back in the side and we seem to have the mirror image on the other side.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Dec 04 2010, 10:49

hutton is doing the buisness imo, going forward and defending.its not a one dimensional plan of get the ball to lennon all the time cos im sure defenders would read it like a book if it was. if hutton thinks he can make a forward run and cause mayhem thats his decision to do it not always be progammed to look for lennon. whats with all the stuff about him looking a miserable cnut, from what ive seen hes a real team player and celebrates hard with the rest of em.you fishing lew. ?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04 2010, 11:02

hutton been one of our best players of late. hes doing what lennon has not been doing. Hutton is not the best defender but he makes up for it by getting forward and pushin the other team back. plus he likes a challange. and who cares if he told galas to fk off its just the heat of the moment. galas is captain and i hope he tells anyone off he thinks not puulling there weight.

its about time we had somone like galas

Your right about we could be better. we dropped so many points to teams we beat last season but so is everyone else. if you would of asked me if i take 5th spot and nockout stages by dec i would of take it.

big game sat. 3 points would be great. i think it has draw written all over it though
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Dec 04 2010, 14:28

Sid, Shear and Lought, have a rep each from me chaps as I think you are all bang on. I'd like to add my two penn'orth to this too if I may?

Alright, I'm going to do it anyway.

I've seen the comments on here, particularly from you Lew, on how both Ekotto and Hutton aren't buying into the 'Team' game as they are not passing often enough to Bale and Lennon.

Mate, stop and have a think about that one for a minute. You're effectively stating that they need to be passing to the wingers almost exclusively, cutting out the remainder of the TEAM in order to achieve this.

Hello?

Shear is bang on when he states that this would turn us into an open book. Every team would double, or triple, mark these two out of the game and totally nullify them. If we limit ourselves to relying on those two as our sole attacking options then we'll get found out rather fast. As it is they still have a positive effect on the game by dragging other players out of position to deal with them, thus opening avenues for others to exploit. It's not like they don't still scare the bejesus out of the other defences is it?

Don't you think Harry, and they, realise this too?

I seem to have noticed that Moddle and, when he was uninjured, Jenas appear to be driving into the opponents box a fair bit more often of late. I wonder why?

Lennon and Bale are far from our only attacking options, they're far from the only game winners we have in the team.

As has been written, this is a TEAM game. Harry said himself that this TEAM is playing 'Triffic' Football and is never out of a game.

I happen to agree.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04 2010, 19:32

shearspur wrote:hutton is doing the buisness imo, going forward and defending.its not a one dimensional plan of get the ball to lennon all the time cos im sure defenders would read it like a book if it was. if hutton thinks he can make a forward run and cause mayhem thats his decision to do it not always be progammed to look for lennon. whats with all the stuff about him looking a miserable cnut, from what ive seen hes a real team player and celebrates hard with the rest of em.you fishing lew. ?

lol! Shear, well done for seeing the post for what it truly was, a bit of a wind up ! though looking at it this morning it touch,s on the fringes of what some of us have said, but dared not to be so brutal in explaining, yes i went over the top for reactions jocolor

Repped shear ! i also posted coooooooooeeeeeeee! last night which should have given many the clue that i fancied a bit of a chat ........and posted this to get some going. lol!

I have said we are winning and i wouldnt complain about anything.........i am happy !

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04 2010, 19:46

Loughtonlegend wrote:hutton been one of our best players of late. hes doing what lennon has not been doing. Hutton is not the best defender but he makes up for it by getting forward and pushin the other team back. plus he likes a challange. and who cares if he told galas to fk off its just the heat of the moment. galas is captain and i hope he tells anyone off he thinks not puulling there weight.

Your right about we could be better. we dropped so many points to teams we beat last season but so is everyone else. if you would of asked me if i take 5th spot and nockout stages by dec i would of take it.

big game sat. 3 points would be great. i think it has draw written all over it though

Errrrrrrrrrr ! lought ! gallas was just doing his job of captain and had every right to bollox hutton for giving the ball away, if hutton had told me to fck off for doing my job i would have told the cnut to stop giving the ball away then !

Heat of the moment stuff maybe, but disrespectful and it stinks of a couldnt give a sh*t attitude.

Having said that lought that statement was part of an over the top thread to get some response on here last night, but i actually didnt like the incident !
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Dec 04 2010, 19:59

Loughtonlegend wrote:hutton been one of our best players of late. hes doing what lennon has not been doing. Hutton is not the best defender but he makes up for it by getting forward and pushin the other team back. plus he likes a challange. and who cares if he told galas to fk off its just the heat of the moment. galas is captain and i hope he tells anyone off he thinks not puulling there weight.

Tbh Lought, I think it will be a draw too, what we dont want in this one is to go behind, Brum are a 10 men behind the ball,counter attacking team and will invite us on and will certainly double up on Bale and Lennon,so Hutton and Ekotto's attacking runs will be important on Saturday. Talking about team spirit, did you see that nutter Barotelli having a ruck in training with Boeteng? Now thats lack of team spirit and Mancini has forged a team of individuals, something that I honestly dont see at Spurs.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04 2010, 21:35

ionman34 wrote:
    Sid, Shear and Lought, have a rep each from me chaps as I think you are all bang on. I'd like to add my two penn'orth to this too if I may?

Alright, I'm going to do it anyway.

I've seen the comments on here, particularly from you Lew, on how both Ekotto and Hutton aren't buying into the 'Team' game as they are not passing often enough to Bale and Lennon.

Mate, stop and have a think about that one for a minute. You're effectively stating that they need to be passing to the wingers almost exclusively, cutting out the remainder of the TEAM in order to achieve this.

Hello?

Shear is bang on when he states that this would turn us into an open book. Every team would double, or triple, mark these two out of the game and totally nullify them. If we limit ourselves to relying on those two as our sole attacking options then we'll get found out rather fast. As it is they still have a positive effect on the game by dragging other players out of position to deal with them, thus opening avenues for others to exploit. It's not like they don't still scare the bejesus out of the other defences is it?

Don't you think Harry, and they, realise this too?

I seem to have noticed that Moddle and, when he was uninjured, Jenas appear to be driving into the opponents box a fair bit more often of late. I wonder why?

Lennon and Bale are far from our only attacking options, they're far from the only game winners we have in the team.

As has been written, this is a TEAM game. Harry said himself that this TEAM is playing 'Triffic' Football and is never out of a game.

I happen to agree.

Well i wasnt going to get into serious conflab over an over the top thread ion (on purpose) but i really had to answer because no tottenham fan in his right mind would be saying that hutton and ekotto have to pass all the time to their respective wingers. lol....however jim counted in one match 4 passes from ekotto to bale, and i have seen for myself how hutton runs on and on past lennon so many times its unbelievable.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 06:09

Confused.com santa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 00:41