The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
 Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
 Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
 Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
 Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
 Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
 Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
 Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
 Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
 Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report

Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report Empty Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01 2011, 21:28

Apps: Too many (5)
    Goals: You are kidding?
    Highlight: I imagine it occurred in a nightclub somewhere.
    Lowlight: Every single time he puts on a Spurs shirt
    Average We Are Tottenham Match Rating: 5.00

As you can see from the above I'm not a great fan of Gio. When he first came to the club he was vaunted as the next best thing after Zidane Taarabt and you can see where that got us. His performances in pre season matches against the likes of Orient were impressive enough (given that the man only has one foot) and his matches for Mexico would seem to suggest that he has a passing acquaintance with the game of Association Football but sadly his meaningful appearances in first team matches has seen Gio woefully under perform. Ipswich supporters voted him their player of the season when he appeared there on a loan spell (it's also common knowledge that he was the best customer of several of Ipswich's nightclubs too) but having seen the competition at Ipswich I would suggest that Ralph Coates could beat him to that accolade and poor old Ralph is dead and yet is still a better player. Quite frankly he is not good enough. Not for us, nor for any Premiership side. Like Taarabt his level would appear to be Championship or lower. A brave experiment to sign some of the brightest young players from around the globe failed. I wish Gio all the best in the future as long as it does not involve playing for Spurs.

Written by MattoftheSpurs
    Saturday, 01 January 2011 01:44
    http://www.wearetottenham.net
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report Empty Re: Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 02 2011, 00:57

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report Empty Re: Giovani dos Santos: Half-term report

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 04:48

what a load of rubbish comparing tarrab to gio. fact this prem is the weakest its been for a long time. blackpool have come up and got 5 away wins aldredy and still got 3 games in hand of everyone else.

a game is what you make it. if u go 2 0 up at home then theres space.
    theres not many players in the prem that can do what adel can do.

if your guna slag the championship off then dont say how well walkers doing cos like you say its a micky mouse league. shame other players aint scoring goals like adel is.

i dont think gio is good enuough but then hes hardly been given games

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 06:09

Truth hurts lought bom

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 08:05

what truth. so walker playing really well but adel 11 goals and its because its a weak league. go look at hes goals theres only few players like him that can do that in the prem. berbatov nani .

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 23:11

The truth lought is that taarabt is doing what he does at a level suited to him, i,m sorry mate but thats facts.

This argument will rage on until he comes up to the prem and we all see what he does.

We are all going round in circles lought ! i think you have made your point that you feel he is a great player, many others have also made their feeling known..........if he does in the prem what he is doing in that great division below then i will be the first to congratulate you on a correct opinion.... Cool
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 02 2011, 23:35

There are quite a few on facebook that also feel Taraabt has found his true level, so it's not just us on here.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jan 03 2011, 00:30

I think its the fact that hes been given time to play, lets face facts he never got that at spurs , he had the odd cameo and when he did play he was out of sorts , this don't make him a bad player, it just happens he didnt fit in at spurs , now hes been given time to play regular football he been teriffic for QPR , some say hes found his true level, well next year he will be in the prem, what then , well i can see someone thats still learning and has the ABILITY lets not delude ourself here and say hes not good enough, because we all know he has that ability if channeled correctly to be a phenomenal player, its whether he can do that is the question, time will tell
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Jan 03 2011, 00:37

I thought this was a thread about Dos Santos?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 03 2011, 00:58

Very true ion. Lets get back on thread.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 05:27

im just defending the guy. to say hes found hes level is just rubbish. blackpool only just came up last season from nowhere and they already won 5 away games this season.

the truth is this prem season in terms of quailty has been really poor. adel could easy get in most teams in the prem.

all good players tend to get marked tight in games. theres games when bale dont do nuffin but we dont moan when he as a bad game.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 05:37

Dos Santos has been a dissapointment. He looked so good at the World Cup. It could be many things. Homesickness & an inability to settle in new surroundings. The style of management, training & play at Spurs for this individual player. The fact he's just not as good as we thought he was. Injury or general loss of form. Maybe he just isn't, as many other players have not been, a Spurs type of player . . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21 2024, 02:33