The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Truly truly robbie keane ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Truly truly robbie keane ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Truly truly robbie keane ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Truly truly robbie keane ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Truly truly robbie keane ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Truly truly robbie keane ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Truly truly robbie keane ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Truly truly robbie keane ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Truly truly robbie keane ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Truly truly robbie keane ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Truly truly robbie keane !

Truly truly robbie keane ! Empty Truly truly robbie keane !

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 01:45

Dont want to be accused of opening up a new thread on robbies transfer but felt the need when i read mixed feelings about his impending departure.

Some on here are saying thanks for the memory and others good riddance , so i thought i would go for a more near the mark opinion without upsetting anyone.

Firstly robbie was good for spurs alongside his partners which included kanoute, defoe and berbatov, he blossomed with berbatov and was often chosen ahead of defoe, during the jol era.

Make no mistake robbie was good for spurs in those years before his move to liverpool , which must have knocked the stuffing out of him, imagine one minute being bought by a then powerful club in permanent cl residence and then flogged back to his former club at a massive loss..........if thats not a downer then i dont know what is, however as i was saying he was a great servant to spurs and regularly scored important goals, my one knock of the bloke was his greediness in front of goal, which i can still picture now, berbatov free in a goal scoring position with those arms flapping around and robbie blasting the ball over or wide and berbatov looking disgusted and wondering why he was playing at tottenham.....but thats another story.. lol!

As i was saying robbie was good for spurs, was a regular goal scorer until liverpool came along, he obviously thought he had hit the jackpot and now here he was playing for a great (albeit)has been icon of a football team with history galore....then rejected, sent back to where he came from and then from there....he didnt even get much playing time with his old spurs team which must have further knocked his confidence.

I would question why harry bought him back because he never gave the bloke much playing time over the last year and in the prem if you dont play on a regular basis you must lose that edge.

Good luck to robbie, he did his bit for spurs, i cant wish him the best at west ham because simply.....i have never wished west ham the best in my life.......... lol!

Last edited by lewspurs on Sat Jan 08 2011, 04:23; edited 1 time in total
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Truly truly robbie keane ! Empty Re: Truly truly robbie keane !

Post by BazSpur Sat Jan 08 2011, 04:09

Didn't know he had gone to The Spammers oh well. Nice post Lew Repped.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 04:22

BazSpur wrote:Didn't know he had gone to The Spammers oh well. Nice post Lew Repped.

Thanks baz ! but its a little confusing because apparently robbie doesnt want to up sticks to birmingham, so west ham have come in for him, with spurs wanting the same price as brum have offered, whether or not its true........... Suspect or just media stuff again..i wish him well anyway.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jan 08 2011, 05:22

lewspurs wrote:Dont want to be accused of opening up a new thread on robbies transfer but felt the need when i read mixed feelings about his impending departure.

Some on here are saying thanks for the memory and others good riddance , so i thought i would go for a more near the mark opinion without upsetting anyone.

Firstly robbie was good for spurs alongside his partners which included kanoute, defoe and berbatov, he blossomed with berbatov and was often chosen ahead of defoe, during the jol era.

Make no mistake robbie was good for spurs in those years before his move to liverpool , which must have knocked the stuffing out of him, imagine one minute being bought by a then powerful club in permanent cl residence and then flogged back to his former club at a massive loss..........if thats not a downer then i dont know what is, however as i was saying he was a great servant to spurs and regularly scored important goals, my one knock of the bloke was his greediness in front of goal, which i can still picture now, berbatov free in a goal scoring position with those arms flapping around and robbie blasting the ball over or wide and berbatov looking disgusted and wondering why he was playing at tottenham.....but thats another story.. lol!

As i was saying robbie was good for spurs, was a regular goal scorer until liverpool came along, he obviously thought he had hit the jackpot and now here he was playing for a great (albeit)has been icon of a football team with history galore....then rejected, sent back to where he came from and then from there....he didnt even get much playing time with his old spurs team which must have further knocked his confidence.

I would question why harry bought him back because he never gave the bloke much playing time over the last year and in the prem if you dont play on a regular basis you must lose that edge.

Good luck to robbie, he did his bit for spurs, i cant wish him the best at west ham because simply.....i have never wished west ham the best in my life.......... lol!

Robbie has been a great servent to spurs in the past , ok he went to liverpool and some never forgave him for that, but there was more to that move to liverpool than meets the eye.

Ramos i feel was the reason why he left, he didnt get the spanish connection and being adrift at the foot of the table when your manager hardly speak a word of english it must have been hard for him to communicate being hes so vocal as a player, liverpool came along and Keane saw a good excuse to jump ship it must have a relief to get away, when arry asked for him to come back he could have said NO and opted for another club, but because we had got rid of the 3 amigos and bough arry him robbie must have seen a manager who he could work with, i wish him all the best at the spams

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 06:21

lobo what a load of tosh lol robbie keane said at the end of that season that he was happy at spurs and was looking forward to a quiet summer with no transfer rumures. then a month later liverpool put a bid in and he couldnt pack hes bags quick enough

hes been great for us in the past but hes return was a flop. harry got it wrong paying all that money for him

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 08:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:lobo what a load of tosh lol robbie keane said at the end of that season that he was happy at spurs and was looking forward to a quiet summer with no transfer rumures. then a month later liverpool put a bid in and he couldnt pack hes bags quick enough

hes been great for us in the past but hes return was a flop. harry got it wrong paying all that money for him

So he,s been great for us and yet a complete traitor lought ! and harry paid too much for him.. lol!

Take a look at the profit made from him lought ! from liverpool and now from his sale......hmmmm, sometimes lought i worry about you scratch

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 09:45

didnt we sell to liverpool for 18mill then buy him back for 16 or sumthing.

im sayin before he left for liverpool he was great then when he came back he wasnt
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jan 08 2011, 09:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:lobo what a load of tosh lol robbie keane said at the end of that season that he was happy at spurs and was looking forward to a quiet summer with no transfer rumures. then a month later liverpool put a bid in and he couldnt pack hes bags quick enough

his return was a flop, but he didnt know that at the time and nor did we , it was the fact he quit spurs for liverpool when spurs really needed him to fight a relegation batttle, but things had changed at spurs , 20 mill was ka chin ka chin to levy, after 6 years of service he must have though 20 mill we will go buy a replacement , but we didnt lol
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jan 08 2011, 11:09

good luck to robbie wherever he ends up. dont think he can be called a legend but he done us proud over the years.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jan 08 2011, 19:41

LOBO wrote:

his return was a flop, but he didnt know that at the time and nor did we , it was the fact he quit spurs for liverpool when spurs really needed him to fight a relegation batttle, but things had changed at spurs , 20 mill was ka chin ka chin to levy, after 6 years of service he must have though 20 mill we will go buy a replacement , but we didnt lol

Did nt we get Pav in when Berbatoss and Keane dropped us in the mire?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jan 08 2011, 22:46

djfitzo wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Not Berbatov he was already left the club, him & keane had a great partnership at one stage in the Jol era has your memory gone lew lol

Pav im not sure, but if i remember we were a striker short from jan to may
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jan 08 2011, 22:58

LOBO wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Not Berbatov he was already left the club, him & keane had a great partnership at one stage in the Jol era has your memory gone lew lol

Just looked it up Lobo, Pav joined in Aug 2008, when Berbatoss and Keane dumped us in it (Keane left in July 2008, Berbatov end aug/early sept)

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 01:02

LOBO wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Whats that all about lobo, berbatov and keane played together at spurs in the jol era definately. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05 2024, 15:47