The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted

The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted Empty The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 03:24

2009/2010 season

Peter Crouch
    PL Starts: 22
    Points achieved when started: 34 points
    Starts/Points Ratio: 1.5 points per start

Roman Pavlyuchenko
    PL Starts: 8
    Points achieved when started: 18
    Starts/Point Ratio: 2.2 points per start

2010/2011 Season

Peter Crouch
    PL Starts: 12
    Points achieved when started: 18
    Starts/Points ratio: 1.5 points per start

Roman Pavlyuchenko
    PL Starts: 9
    Points achieved when started: 21
    Starts/Point ratio: 2.3 points per start

My two main sources for these stats are:
    http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Tottenham_Hotspur_FC.html and http://www.premierleague.com/page/Home

I will add more stats if needed. As you can imagine getting these stats involved a lot of number crunching and I have tried to be as accurate as possible but you can never rule out human error. If someone can be bothered to verify the figures and prove me wrong or right then please feel free.

Hopefully this will show you that despite Pav being a lazy git him starting is a lot more beneficial to Spurs then the “hard working” Peter Crouch.

However, if we want to be Champions one day neither are the answer. I hope that we can get that big name striker and we will never have to discuss Peter Crouch again. Until then, I say we should stick with

and we play football when pav plays

The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted Empty Re: The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 06:44

How many Goal assists has he had??

The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted Empty Re: The Crouch Debate: the stats you wanted

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 07:12

another person who listens to this myth about crouch and vdv. crouch is there to score goals and he dont do that.

yea a few assits from crouch for vdv but id swap him for somone that can shoot

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 08:22

Loughtonlegend wrote:another person who listens to this myth about crouch and vdv. crouch is there to score goals and he dont do that.

yea a few assits from crouch for vdv but id swap him for somone that can shoot

So would I , But 3MP does do a job for us.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Sat Jan 08 2011, 09:02

didn't we just qualify for europe for the 1st time with Crouch as one of our main strikers?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 10:05

no sid. read the stats. the 2ndhalf of last season he stop scoring and it was pav that started scoring and played in the big wins aganst chelsea and arsenal. crouuch did score the goal aganst man c but i rekon we would of hang on for 0 0 if he had missed that and stil got 4th.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jan 08 2011, 11:02

ifs and buts. crouch done the biz when it mattered most, hes done more for spurs than pav imo. pav runs around a lot with no end finish for me. dont get involved enough. crouch has been there and done it, ok hes not ideal but hes done more for spurs than pav i reckon. they both miss to many for my liking but like i said crouchies got more important goals for us than pav.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 19:28