The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
loans EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
loans EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
loans EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
loans EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
loans EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
loans EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
loans EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
loans EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
loans EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

loans Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

loans

loans Empty loans

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 06:11

i just heard we loan david bentley and harry kane on loan untill the rest of the season.

so beckhams here for 2 months so we only have lennon who can play on the right for the rest of the season.

surley kane could of got some playing time on sunday.

i can understand selling bentley but not to loan him out
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

loans Empty Re: loans

Post by BazSpur Sat Jan 08 2011, 07:49

I agree Lought. We should have been looking to sell Bentley.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 08:19

Tottenham duo Jon Obika and Harry Kane have joined Peterborough and Leyton Orient respectively on loan until the end of the season.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 08:41

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]i just heard we loan david bentley and harry kane on loan untill the rest of the season.

so beckhams here for 2 months so we only have lennon who can play on the right for the rest of the season.

Errrrrrrrrrr ! niko kranjcar doesnt play much on the right then lought, he just cant get round anyone thats all.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 08:51

lew i know we have players that play on the right but they are rubbish there. krankar cant play there. i wouldnt mind seeing hutton there when lennon needs a break.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jan 08 2011, 09:34

Bentley on loan is the done thing nowadays it seems some clubs want to see how a player setttles in before making it a permanant move, Bently falls into that Bracket of " could have been " but never was, i think Birmingham are just making sure there not getting a donkey

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 21:11

Loughtonlegend wrote:lew i know we have players that play on the right but they are rubbish there. krankar cant play there. i wouldnt mind seeing hutton there when lennon needs a break.

Well kyle walker is much in the same mould as gareth bale but on the right, if we hadnt have loaned him to villa he could have provided cover for lennon.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jan 08 2011, 22:53

lewspurs wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:lew i know we have players that play on the right but they are rubbish there. krankar cant play there. i wouldnt mind seeing hutton there when lennon needs a break.

Well kyle walker is much in the same mould as gareth bale but on the right, if we hadnt have loaned him to villa he could have provided cover for lennon.

Like I said before Lew, Harry needs to find out if he can cut it in the prem and at Villa he will get tested big style, if he comes through flying colours, then he aint going nowhere. We are 4th and is it worth taking a chance on an unproven youngster at a critical stage in our season? Look what happened to Kyle Naughton against Arsenal in the league cup, he got destroyed.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jan 09 2011, 00:19

djfitzo wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Like I said before Lew, Harry needs to find out if he can cut it in the prem and at Villa he will get tested big style, if he comes through flying colours, then he aint going nowhere. We are 4th and is it worth taking a chance on an unproven youngster at a critical stage in our season? Look what happened to Kyle Naughton against Arsenal in the league cup, he got destroyed.

Well said DJ, low risk for a potentially sky high return.

We're comfortably well off WRT RB's at the moment, Walker knows he will be on trial for Spurs but I just have a feeling that the boy will ace it, he seems to have no fear.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 01:14

djfitzo wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Yeah but naughton was the makeweight in the deal with sheff utd, they wouldnt sell walker without naughton for some reason? and that reason you will have to ask someone else but that was the deal as i know it from what was going on at the time.

I wasnt saying put walker in at the deep end, i was saying that he could be cover for lennon because he loves bombing up the right beating people.

I dont think its about harry taking chances at a critical stage of the season dj ! its because we have cover at right back with hutton and corluka, and what expounds that theory ! simple really, bale was stuck in when ekotto was injured and then became impossible to drop when ekotto returned, he had to be accomodated simply because he was so good, but the main reason for bale was because ekotto was injured in the first place and he was the only other player we had for the left back slot, trust me harry has enough cover at rb,otherise you would have seen walker used definately regardless of what stage of the season we were at.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 03:17

rooney was good enough at 16 why do we wait ages to blend players in.

and why dont we ever give our own kids a try in the prem
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jan 09 2011, 03:23

Loughtonlegend wrote:rooney was good enough at 16 why do we wait ages to blend players in.

and why dont we ever give our own kids a try in the prem

So you put all our youngsters on a par with Rooney now Lought?

Has it ever occured to you to question your level of expectation?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 03:49

well one would be nice. im sure our academys are bigger then everton so what are they doing. why dont we ever coach players on.

the differnce is other clubs bring on there kids late on in games and give them a chance. even newcastle played a kid last week and he scored a hat trick.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jan 09 2011, 12:59

Loughtonlegend wrote:well one would be nice. im sure our academys are bigger then everton so what are they doing. why dont we ever coach players on.

the differnce is other clubs bring on there kids late on in games and give them a chance. even newcastle played a kid last week and he scored a hat trick.

No Lought, the difference is that we have, arguably, the strongest squad in the league so any kids coming through need to be exceptional to get a chance, then absolutely shine when the chance is presented.

Look at Bale.

I'm quite happy with how Harry is bringing these kids along. He can monitor their progress a lot better than we can and can see whether they are a better option than those he currently has. Don't forget that we lost our first match since October the other day, you have to be particularly good to get into the first team now.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 14:41

OFF TOPIC .......
    ION >>>>>>>>>> another rep for teddy!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05 2024, 15:53