The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Weak points. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Weak points. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Weak points. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Weak points. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Weak points. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Weak points. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Weak points. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Weak points. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Weak points. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Weak points. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Weak points.

Weak points. Empty Weak points.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10 2011, 14:22

Some of you may have read my thread regarding my man utd mate and the banter i had with him.

Being serious i remember asking him what he thought spurs weak points were.

Well heres an outsiders view of what he thought and why he believes man utd will win against us next weak.

Main weak points he mentioned. 1) nani will murder ekotto down the right, ekotto is shite in my mates opinion, nowhere to be seen when the everton goals went in.

2) gomes, he reckons ferguson will target gomes with high balls for him to flap at.

3) bale, he aint worried about bale because he is now being marked out of games and will have a ratio now of 1 good game in 6..........hope that fires gareth up by the way.

Who does he rate in the spurs side..........yes its VDV, class act he reckons.

Weak points. Empty Re: Weak points.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10 2011, 20:04

LOL at your mate Lew. The same Ekotto who had the player that occupied Nanny's posistion before him, Ronaldo, in his pocket all afternoon at Wembbley a couple of years ago and the same Nanny who will have to be one of the players doubling up on Bale on that side of the pitch . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 10 2011, 20:08

If only it were that easy. Each game is different, Ekotto does screw up from time to time in matches but get him on a good day and he can be very effective. Gomes is not all about coming for high balls, he is also a very good shot stopper but he can get the high balls if he needs to Bale is slowly getting used to being teamed up on. He will get a chance to run at the Manure defence at some point during the game, give him the chance and united could pay for it. It's easy to say what you think will happen it's much more difficult putting it into practice.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10 2011, 21:48

VisionarySound wrote:LOL at your mate Lew. The same Ekotto who had the player that occupied Nanny's posistion before him, Ronaldo, in his pocket all afternoon at Wembbley a couple of years ago and the same Nanny who will have to be one of the players doubling up on Bale on that side of the pitch . . . . .

Yes thats a point i made to my manure mate that nani will have to go through bale to attack ekotto, and dont forget bale was a left back and has defensive qualities.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jan 10 2011, 22:27

I don't think we will beat UTD either, simply because we havent done so in donkeys years in the league, i don't think its about Ekotto or Gomez either because from what ive seen so far we havent really played well in the last two or three matches in the league, forget the charlton game that was a stroll simply because charlton are shight , we wont beat UTD i just know it they know how to win games like this , until we beat them i dont think the title is achievable , i think we're long over due for a thrashing and i got a gut feeling UTD will spank us hard, but we have the 12 man so you never know, as long as we get a decent ref
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Jan 10 2011, 22:57

I think this is the best chance we've had in years to beat manure with our current squad of players. we need to beat them to keep in touch with the top 4.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jan 10 2011, 23:08

DJSR wrote:I think this is the best chance we've had in years to beat manure with our current squad of players. we need to beat them to keep in touch with the top 4.

Is that your heart or head talking, cos this Man Utd havent lost all season , i think its going to be hard but if anyone knows Utd weakenesses it will be Becks ..just hope the players are up for it, cos if we beat them we can go on a good run i believe
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Jan 10 2011, 23:26

Can't see why Beckham would know any more about United he got shifted out 7 years ago. But you're right we haven't beaten them since 2001 Willem Korsten scored two that day anyone rmember him. Now is the time
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 10 2011, 23:58

We can beat Manure I am sure of that. Whether we will is another matter. Our better players will have been rested for the FAcup game and should have had their batteries charged. I think we have the team to beat Manure. Harry's right it's still all down to belief in my opinion.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jan 11 2011, 00:07

seebee1944 wrote:

Can't see why Beckham would know any more about United he got shifted out 7 years ago. But you're right we haven't beaten them since 2001 Willem Korsten scored two that day anyone rmember him. Now is the time

Your forgetting one person in all of this, and no its not victoria beckham its Alex Fergusson, and becks will know exactly what fergie will say to his team .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Jan 11 2011, 01:05

i forgot about WIllem Korsten !

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12 2011, 04:12

we said that for the last 4/5 games aganst them. last season they had 10 men and still derserved to beat us

i blame harry for changin the way we play when we play them.

playin robbie keane on hes own aganst them what the hell was that about aswell as playin bale left back this was inbetween our wins aganst chelsea and arsenal

our big performances at home have been wiv pav and defoe up front with modric and hudd in the middle so dont change it becuase its man u
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jan 12 2011, 04:31

Loughtonlegend wrote:we said that for the last 4/5 games aganst them. last season they had 10 men and still derserved to beat us

i blame harry for changin the way we play when we play them.

playin robbie keane on hes own aganst them what the hell was that about aswell as playin bale left back this was inbetween our wins aganst chelsea and arsenal

our big performances at home have been wiv pav and defoe up front with modric and hudd in the middle so dont change it becuase its man u

Unfortunately we cant field Hudd on Sunday, sargeant Wilson and Modders?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 08 2024, 12:19