The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
MAN UTD (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
MAN UTD (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
MAN UTD (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
MAN UTD (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
MAN UTD (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
MAN UTD (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
MAN UTD (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
MAN UTD (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
MAN UTD (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

MAN UTD (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

MAN UTD (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

MAN UTD (My Take) Empty MAN UTD (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Tue Jan 18 2011, 02:13

On most day's i'd take a draw, but not yesterday! We got a bit of luck with the sending off but never came near to capitalising on it. As soon as Rafael got the boot we went to sleep. We stopped moving the ball at pace & never made the pitch as big a possible by switching from left to right quickly to move them round & find the gaps. In fact if Giggs's ball to Rooney in the dying seconds was better we could have lost that game.

When will Harry learn to use his sub's bench properly. I had to endure 90 minutes of the bamboozled giraffe Crouch who did nothing all game. How he never scored from Hutton's cross i don't know, then we have to look at the smug grin. But i never saw Pavlyuchenko who scored our last big goal against Chelsea. Modric & VD Vaart in the middle was a disaster waiting to happen as well with them both going forward & leaving gaps for Giggs & Rooney to utilise.

Jenas should have been the move for Palacios, still keeping us solid in the midfield & turning up in the box to help the attack. Defoe should have come on for Crouch. Then Pav for maybe even VD Vaart should have been the move as i thought he was trying to do it all on his own & was P*ssing off a few of the others.

That was what got to me a better chance we've had to win i don't remember. That's why i have so many negative thoughts.

But pluses,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Hutton superb, in fact all the defence was faultless, even Assou-Ekotto was a as solid as i've seen him & the fact Nani so often our nemesis recently was subbed proves that.

Modric was running rings round Fletcher & Carrick in the middle & both wide men played well. We just didn't seem to get the final ball right or the move would fall down with Crouch & VD Vaart just looked a bit greedy yesterday.

So a point against Man U should of sufficed & normally would but with all the circumstances i've explained i don't think the result was good enough yesterday!

MAN UTD (My Take) Empty Re: MAN UTD (My Take)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18 2011, 03:09

rep for you jim. i think other people saw a differnt game to us. 2nd season running we fail to beat 10 men man u at white hart lane

jenas should of come on. vdv and crouch should of gone off aswell

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jan 18 2011, 03:16

Pav can hold up the ball up and bring others into play and has the upper body streath , utd would have trampled the munchin " Defoe " into the ground IMO defoe would have been offside more often than not , but credit to utd they know how to get bodies behind the ball , they flooded the penalty area on corners we needed someone with alittle bit of composure , but utd didnt give us time on the ball in and around the 18 yard box

really unfortunately The Munchin & Lurch couldnt offer us that ...
    Star for me was Modric AGAIN..

without doubt the best player at spurs for many a year

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18 2011, 03:30

yep modric is our best attacking player. hes better then vdv in my eyes who was poor again yesterday but seems to be exempt from cricitsium
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jan 18 2011, 08:26

one bad game dont make him a criminal, but can you remember the last time Modders had a bad game , i cant

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18 2011, 08:40

even though vdv not playing that well i would stil have him in the team. he can score goals out of anything and he brings that winning mentalaty with him.

im so glad hes a yid and lets hope he gets fit and stays injury free

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 13:58