The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Harry  mugged EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Harry  mugged EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Harry  mugged EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Harry  mugged EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Harry  mugged EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Harry  mugged EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Harry  mugged EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Harry  mugged EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Harry  mugged EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Harry  mugged Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Harry mugged

Harry  mugged Empty Harry mugged

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22 2011, 10:37

harry got mugged and i dont meaan paying 13mill for crouch who fires blanks lol

A trip to watch the Madrid derby ended in disaster for Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp after he was mugged by local thieves.

The 63-year-old was in the Spanish capital on Thursday to take in the second leg of the quarter-final clash of the Copa del Rey, which saw Real beat local rivals Atletico 1-0 to reach the last four of the competition.

Redknapp's evening took a turn for the worse prior to kick-off when he and Spurs assistant manager Kevin Bond were walking around the Vicente Calderon stadium.

Two unknown men approached Redknapp, fell to their knees and started tugging at his trouser leg to distract him while four others snatched cash and other belongings from his pockets.

"I'm walking round the outside of the stadium, it's a fantastic atmosphere, there's all little stalls there selling sweets," Redknapp explained.

"I got some sweets, me and Kevin, and it was so packed. The next thing there's two guys on their knees in front of me and I felt someone pull my overcoat.

"I thought 'What's that?', and didn't take any notice. The next thing there's two guys on their knees in front of me and they've got my trousers and they keep doing this (tugging) with them, pulling them.

"I thought 'What are you doing?' The next thing he's got my keys on the floor.

"I didn't know whether to knee him in the gob or not.

"And I thought 'Is he a blind man or someone having trouble walking properly. What are they doing, these two blokes?'

"I'm going: 'Let go of my trousers', pushing them away. While I'm doing that they're rifling my pockets, there were about six of them. And then they went.

"I thought 'What are they doing?'. I went to put my hand in my pockets and realised what they'd done.

"They took everything. All my money, credit cards, everything really."

Luckily for Redknapp, his passport remained untouched in his top pocket and he also did not lose his phone.

The Tottenham boss did not report the incident to police and had to borrow money off Bond to pay for a taxi back to his hotel and for dinner before returning to the UK.

He admitted the incident had unsettled him and he left the stadium 15 minutes before the end of the game, which was won thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo's first-half strike.

He does not believe that the attackers knew who they were targeting.

"They probably didn't know who I was but they had a result, I'll tell you that," said Redknapp, who has been linked with a move for Atletico striker Diego Forlan.

"I wasn't wearing anything flash. I had an overcoat on. I just probably looked stupid or something, and they thought 'Here's one here, he's not Spanish, obviously, and we're looking for a foreigner.'

"They were probably in this restaurant we were in, drinking the best wine and having the best steak there. Me and Kevin didn't have enough money to have a glass of wine."

Redknapp joked that Bond may have been in on the theft.

"I don't know what Kevin was doing while it was going on," Redknapp said.

"He said 'I saw them doing it.' And I said: 'Why didn't you do anything then? I thought: 'Strange that, Kev.' I hope he wasn't part of the gang! He's got a few quid on him today."

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Harry  mugged Empty Re: Harry mugged

Post by shearspur Sat Jan 22 2011, 10:47

yeah , well get used to it harry, its an every day occurence at stratford.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22 2011, 10:52

LOL
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jan 22 2011, 11:12

shearspur wrote:yeah , well get used to it harry, its an every day occurence at stratford.

That made me chuckle Shear REPPED mate.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jan 22 2011, 21:47

no offence shear but after watching the jimmy greave video im starting to come round to the idea of moving to the new ground, its 45 mins for me by car , N17 is a pain in the a*se to get to and i think we got to look to the future not the past, im proud of the past but the past should not be used as an excuse to hold the club back from progress ..

Thought i's never here myself that
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jan 22 2011, 21:58

My opinion for what it's worth is this. I would love us to build a new Stadium at the Lane where our spiritual home is. I would love us to stay in Tottenham and to that end my feeling is that is what we should be striving for. However, if we have to move then my love for my club will not die and I will accept that we had to move. I can see what everyone is getting at with saving money etc and Levy has come out and painted a picture of a brand new stadium which will be the best in Europe(His words). It does not detract from ny view that we should first and foremost in my opinion be looking to stay where we are. Millions have already been spent on laying the ground work for the Northumberland Road Project what a waste of money that will be if we now uproots to the East.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 04:50

The qusetion you have to ask is why was 'arry in Madrid with Bondy ? Who had they gone to watch ? Hopefully a striker . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 04:59

hes already said he went to watch forlan the 31year old and they want about17mill for him

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 18:43