The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Keane EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Keane EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Keane EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Keane EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Keane EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Keane EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Keane EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Keane EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Keane EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Keane Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Keane

Keane Empty Keane

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31 2011, 04:15

Allegedly it's official . . . . . .. .

1710: YET MORE BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS
    West Ham sign Tottenham striker Robbie Keane on loan until the end of the season.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Keane Empty Re: Keane

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 31 2011, 04:16

Good, maybe we will get the Striker we desperately need.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31 2011, 06:20

Now this is what I call an Eastend soap-opera . . . .. .

West Ham chairman David Gold says the club have agreed a deal to sign Tottenham striker Robbie Keane on loan until the end of the season.

The Hammers have brought in the Republic of Ireland international with a view to making the deal permanent at the end of the campaign.

"We're delighted to sign a world class striker," Gold said after their FA Cup win over Nottingham Forest.

West Ham are understood to have turned down a bid from Spurs for Scott Parker.

The Hammers are desperate to keep influential midfielder Parker as they battle against the drop and it is believed Spurs offered over £10m for the England international but that was rejected.

The Hammers, who are bottom of the Premier League, signed forward Demba Ba from Hoffenheim on Friday.

They are expected on Monday to officially unveil Keane, who attended the Hammers' 3-2 win over Forest and will earn in the region of £70,000-a-week.

Speaking after Tottenham's 4-0 FA Cup defeat by Fulham later on Sunday, Spurs boss Harry Redknapp suggested his chairman Daniel Levy had structured the deal whereby West Ham would have to buy Keane if the Hammers avoided relegation.

Gold added: "Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy drives a hard bargain but we've got our man."

Keane joins Ba and earlier arrivals Wayne Bridge, on loan from Manchester City, and Gary O'Neil, from Middlesbrough, at West Ham during what has been a busy transfer window.

Gold earlier said they would resist any offers for the likes of Parker and defender Matthew Upson.

"Nobody can leave. You can see our situation. We would fight off any club pursuing our players," said Gold.

"The next 14 games will be as important a 14 games as there have been in the history of the football club."

West Ham's plight has not been helped by intense speculation that manager Avram Grant is on the verge on being sacked, with Martin O'Neill lined up to replace him.

But Gold insisted: "I can tell you now that we have a board that is fully behind Avram.

"We have a major board meeting every two or three months and Avram's name did not come up in the meeting. I think that speaks volumes. He's our man."

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31 2011, 08:17

why another loan. why help them after they wont sell parker. they hate us. always slagging us off.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31 2011, 10:38

Loughtonlegend wrote:why another loan. why help them after they wont sell parker. they hate us. always slagging us off.

To get keane off the wage list...question 1) PArker is important to their relegation fight.... question 2)

...and that much is right lought, the spams hate us

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31 2011, 10:45

so if we dont buy anyone 2mz we left with 3 strikers. what if they get injuired. why help the spammers stay up just to save money on wage bill.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31 2011, 11:18

Loughtonlegend wrote:so if we dont buy anyone 2mz we left with 3 strikers. what if they get injuired. why help the spammers stay up just to save money on wage bill.

Well we have to guess lought that keane has been offloaded to make way for a deadline day signing, but dont hold me to that opinion because fck knows what harry and levy are doing in the transfer market and as usual its all last gasp , last minute stuff as usual.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31 2011, 20:21

David Gold believes West Ham have pulled off a real coup by signing Robbie Keane on loan from Tottenham.
    The Hammers co-chairman believes the Irishman is the best Premier League striker who was on the market in January and he's delighted he's moved to Upton Park.
    Gold told talkSPORT: "I'm absolutely thrilled. He’s probably the best striker around that’s available.
    "There are lots of great strikers in the Premier League, but we’re talking about availability, so arguably he’s the best of all who’ve been available in the window."

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31 2011, 20:23

Robbie Keane has set his sights on long-term and short-terms aims after joining West Ham from Tottenham.
    The 30-year-old striker has moved on loan to Upton Park for the remainder of the season, with the immediate target of saving the east Londoners from relegation from the Premier League.
    But he also insists he's got plenty to offer at the highest level.
    He said: "I'm fitter now than I've ever have been. I need a couple of games to get match fit but I feel good, I feel like I’m still 20.
    "I look after myself off the pitch and I’ve got at least four or five years left in me at the highest level, and hopefully I can help this club stay in the Premier League where they deserve to be.
    "First and foremost I'm here to help the club stay in the Premier League. I’m just another part of that and hopefully I will be part of a successful team that stays up.
    "It won’t be easy. There are a lot of teams down there who probably don’t think they should be down there, but it’s up to us to pull together and make sure that come May we’re still in the Premier League."

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01 2011, 02:32

thanks harry

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 03 2024, 23:42